King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

kingofbattle8174.png

Got my badge the other day for Gaming by numbers. Only came up one short in the end as there was just not enough time on the last day to get through half of the word searches to complete the list. Thank you though @eigen-space again and @BigHonkingOne for the image.

Elevation by Stephen King

Second read of the year was short library read. Most people don't associate King with novella's but that is what this is. Good enough. with a great message behind it. I only wish it actually did answer why it al started to begin with. It remains a mystery.

Spoiler

Although Scott Carey doesn’t look any different, he’s been steadily losing weight. There are a couple of other odd things, too. He weighs the same in his clothes and out of them, no matter how heavy they are. Scott doesn’t want to be poked and prodded. He mostly just wants someone else to know, and he trusts Doctor Bob Ellis.

In the small town of Castle Rock, the setting of many of King’s most iconic stories, Scott is engaged in a low grade—but escalating—battle with the lesbians next door whose dog regularly drops his business on Scott’s lawn. One of the women is friendly; the other, cold as ice. Both are trying to launch a new restaurant, but the people of Castle Rock want no part of a gay married couple, and the place is in trouble. When Scott finally understands the prejudices they face–including his own—he tries to help. Unlikely alliances, the annual foot race, and the mystery of Scott’s affliction bring out the best in people who have indulged the worst in themselves and others.

Game wise it is good progress, just not where I was expecting. I experienced some burn out playing Period Cube, the alternating paths and more story for the characters can be interesting, but by my fourth playthrough now the sameness is getting to me. so I went to back to Emerald Shores to see if I can make some progress since I got stuck early on and never went back. In the level I was stuck I found a hidden power up and after that I have breezed through a good portion of game since. Still working a good progress on Devious Dungeon, with only two bosses to go and I can move on to something else.

• 3 weeks later...

Two plats to update to round out the month.

#29: Period Cube

#30: Devious Dungeon

A few hours starts my RPG Event, super stoked about that. I also am making progress in the other events I am in. I see a flurry of completions in the near future.

Finished #31 today for the last of the month.

Metropolis Lux Obscura

Edited by kingofbattle8174

So I ended up getting another Plat yesterday as well

#32: Heroes Trials

1S479f38.png

I played this game to get my first points in RPG Mania. It only took me a few hours, going slow to not miss anything to complete it. Again it is a game that does not require you to beat the game to get all the trophies. I know a lot of people will just move on once they reach that point and it seems like a waste to me. So the game it self is a series of timed trials going around a small map, through a small amount of dungeons and shrines and such and then moving on. It plays similar to a lot of Zelda clones besides you can swap between the warrior and mage to complete certain challenges. Using the mage, is definitely  easier to beat the bosses by spamming the magic and keeping your distance. You get a rating at the end of each trial, but I am not even cetain that it even serves a purpose to the overall game getting rated. You are not tested enough for it to matter. Maybe going further on, getting all three stars in each trial matters somehow. It does not to get the 100% which seems a waste. Not a bad simple RPG, but the trophies are aimed at hunters to increase sales in my opinion.

Plat # 33

Drowning

This is a simple game but a powerful one. It is a walking sim where you just follow the path and read the text as it appears to get the stories. The story is of a young person in highschool who struggles with depression. As the years go on, the struggles become apparent as the environment changes around you and as you read the story. This puts you in the shows of a person who is at their wits end and what the thought process is of a person who wishes to end their pain. It is a weighty subject but one that is not spoken about enough. People afraid to get help because of how it might look to others but cannot live with the weight upon them any longer. Dont play this game for an easy plat beacuse it is, but play it for the subject and a greater understanding on depression.

My next book was also finished today.

Fire and Blood by George R R Martin

With Game lf Thrones around the corner, it was fitting to read this history of the old kings of westeros. From the conquering to the end if the civil war that pitted dragon against dragon, the book chronicles about half of the Targarion dynasty. I assume there will be a second volume sometime that will go up until the Mad King is overthrown. Of course we still need book 6 of the actual series one day. I hope this series actually gets finished. 

Just about have the OP reorganized again. I think I like this version better so far the any of the last ones.

Oh while I am here I have one game to add to my completions.

Plat #34

1S50b219.png

Cosmic Star Heroine

I played this for RPG Mania. I have seen other people give good remarks on this title and I decided to give it a go myself. It was a fun short RPG. The battle system annoyed me a little since you have to recharge abilities. But it is a mild complaint.

Update time...

Well where to start.

Summon Night 6. I have been putting a lot of hours and grind inti this title. I was excited to get through all 60 levels of the endless domain. I was stuck on level 56 for a minute as I had a level 99 character but it was all in mostly physical. One enemy in that level is actually immune to physical attacks. I did all the previous levels just with this character so I chose a magic one, beefed him up in a few quick bouts and annihilated my foe. The remaining few floors were a cake walk afterwards. Now to move on a few more chapters and I will beef up all the other characters to about level 65 to make next bit easy.

Oh I just looked, completing the endless domain made that trophy my second rarest to date.

The Little Acre. I started this on a whim. I do have the speed run on one of the challenges for an event but it is just a fun short game when you do not have a lot of time to play in a day. I may do that sometime later on. I did count finishing the story for my bingo though. Not that it was close to any of my other numbers though, bummer.

Licky the Lizard. Free game alert. Got this for my vita and on the day when I had to return Summon Night for the day it check out the next day I played this instead. Since yesterday I have now all but one trophy. Pretty easy semi platformer. Not sure if the counting for the trophies is quite accurate. I think I got things quicker than I was supposed to. No story involved, just outjump the lava by using your tongue to swing up platforms. Why is there lava? don't know, background is just a plain brown wall. It is as simple and basic as you can get.

• 1 month later...

I have not updated in awhile. It has been a nice relaxing period. Hectic as I start to make alot of changes in my personnel life but I look forward to it as well. 

100% #14

Paraiso Island

I was so dissapointed about this game. It looked like a free version of a sort of Animal Crossing game. The world is so buggy though and the total lack of content is very irratating. You can easily complete it all in a day. That is how much lack there is to it. Just a money grab since it does have micro transactions but you dont need them. 

Next book completed: The Girl with all the gifts.

A nice really refreshing take on the zombie. Using an actual virus that affects ants and inventing a strain that infects humans makes for a good read. It puts a close to true science feel to the plot that gives it some credibility. And the end is not one I really saw coming. Never saw the movie so I had no spoilers.

Working On: 

Vita: Bonds of the Skies

I am in the late game of this. Grinding quests and levels before attempting the final areas. It is a short and sweet retro RPG. Just what I needed to get back in the swing of things and get some points for RPG Mania.

PS4: Onrush

Slowly making my way through the game an hour here and there. Focus on one or two trophies each time I play. I have not completed a ps olus game for some time and would like to add this one to the stack.

I have been going a little on a spending spree. I have gotten maybe 15-20 games to my backlog lately. Most through sales. I did also pick up both ps plus games the last two months plus path of exiles. Another free game but at least this one is fun.

Tune in soon for more.

kingofbattle8174.png

Hurray for another event complete. Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

Working On.

And now to the meat of the matter. What is in the works..

Bonds of the Skies.

Working on the cleanup still. All I have left is some level grinding for the last boss and all the materials. There is a certain amount of RNG with getting certain ones (Diamonds) to drop. I have yet to find one. By the end of the week at the most.

Onrush

Unlocked the final area and will now work my way to the Cup, also working up to level 51 for the Uber tags. This game will continue to be a work in progress. I have not completed a PS Plus game in awhile and this will be the next one.

Kingdom Hearts 3

They had it at my library so I snagged it for a trial. Lets see how far I can get in the story before I have to return it. Just working my way through Olympus now but really enjoying it so far.

My Reads.

The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie

The first book of the First Law series. This is top rate fantasy. Only Game of Thrones and The Name of the Wind are considered better. This book is what helped make Grim fantasy a thing. Nothing is black and white, or good and evil. Everything is shades of grey. Your heroes have real issues and the world feels like one we would live in. Only Book one and it is far better than anything else so far I have read inwhile.

Lastly funny story. Picked up my wife a cookbook when I grabbed KH3. When I opened it I noticed that it had been actually binded upside down and backwards from the cover. Meaning the last page was page one and it was upside down as well. I didn't tell my wife, I just handed it to her, the face was priceless.

• 3 weeks later...

Things have been going really well with knocking out my backlog. I made myself a short little list to focus on and it is coming along. I made a huge jump in completion PCG. Almost to 55%. Working on Word Searches next and only few more puzzles and I am on the last row. Poi I am almost there but taking a break soon after I complete the first playthrough. My wife hates the sound effects for it.

Vita:

Lego Star Wars: 49%> 100% 

Bonds of the Skies: 90%> 100%

Word Search: 64%> 70%

Megatagmenstion: 71%

PS4:

Poi: 26% > 67%

Onrush: 57%

The Little Acre: 73%

Lost Sphear: 50%

Plat # 36

1S1abe2e.png

Bond of The Skies

The was a fun short Kemco RPG. Good characters and story. Great music as well. The only problem is the grind for one material in late game. Once I found the spawn point it was not too bad. But it took me maybe 30 times of going through the same dungeon searching before I found one. Next time in I got another. A few more times in nothing and the last time I got the last two simultaneously.

Plat #37

1S599d1c.png

Vita Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens

About the same as all other Lego games on the vita. Complete the story, find a few collectables, complete the challenges for each episode, bonus episodes, and buy everything.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Platinum # 38

Word Search by POWGI

1Sc9aac0.png

This one is finally done. It took quite awhile to grind through them all. I could at best on a good day get through two categories without getting burned out. I took a lot of breaks from the game as well. I still have the PS4 version to get through as well. Not sure when I will do that.

Platinum #39

My Big Sister

1Sf72774.png

This game reminds me of Claire from last year. It does in the sense that for the most part nothing you experience during the game makes a lot of sense. This game through has multiple endings that getting the true one does make a satisfying conclusion.

So moving forward I want to get through my vita backlog. It is getting to high for my taste. These are the ones I chose for the Summer Backlog Challenge. Once I make my move I will have plenty of time to get through these mostly.

Adventures of Mana  05%

Broken Sword 5 Ep 2  0%

Chronus Arc 0%

Devious Dungeon 2  14%> 45%

Dragon Sinker  0%

Frane Dragons' Odyssey  0%

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP  0%

Lara Croft Go  0%

Nurse Love Addiction  0%

Papers Please  0%

The Caligula Effect  0%

Xenon Valkyrie+  0%

Uncanny Valley  0%

Oh on a side note here are all the books I have finished since I have last updated here.

e183138a3709cf0593737585567414141463841.jpg0316071951.01._SY95_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg513piInBwlL._SY95_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even with KYC, I can not seem to want to focus on one game, I am working on my vita backlog still but I think I am going to go 1 or two trophies at a time per game in a set, once I have those  all done rinse and repeat.

Caligua Effect: complete chapter 1. 

Complete

Amnesia Memories: Good ending Heart World

Just starting this game and getting a feel for it, so this is completing the first play through.

Devious Dungeon 2: Defeat the Cave Troll

Now complete

Cyberian: Reach the 2nd Boss:

I was close the last time I played.

Lara Croft Go: Vases and Relics.

Two worlds complete so far.

Megatagmension: Kill one of each enemy type.

I need to get on the ad hoc and kill all the enemies in the daily matches. Also a few high level bosses left.

Frane Dragon Odyssey: Clear Bandit Hideout

Next area in story.

Uncanny Valley: Kill an android and find all VHS tapes.

These are all I have left to do for the first play through.

Furmins: Level 3 3 stars

Complete.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow it has been a long time since I have posted anything. My life has been very busy and hectic lately going back a few months. It has been such a change that for the most part gaming in general and especially trophy hunting. I have left my career behind and returned to school. I moved my family back to my home state. So lots of changes and trying to settle into a new life. Going to school full time takes up alot of time and energy. But it is really interesting. My english class which is entitled, Language Literacy and Cognition. It is a hard class but really fascinating. I also have Quantitative Reasoning and Intro to Management.  It is down the home stretch as we are now in the last month before winter break. So as the holidays approach we will see if time clears up. 

So going back I only have one Platinum that I have not accounted for. 

Nurse Love Addiction.

I got this in sale and well it is done that is all I can say. Like any other VN it takes a while to get through each story line. I do not think VN are my thing after doing a few. I feel that after a few story lines they get too repetitive. I do use the option to skip text that I have seen before but I would feel bad to spam through all the stories just to finish it faster. Yes if you did that these are easy games to finish for that. As I have grown though, I have changed from playing easy games just to get through them. I still play easy games. I can compare it to reading. Not every one needs to be a great work of literature, sometimes a quick fun thing you really do not have to use alot of brain power to just kick back for a bit.  But i wouldnt skim a book just to say I read it to put it on a list some person may read. So it seems silly anymore to do the same in a game. Anyways enough of that.

So what am I going to work on moving forward? Honestly I have no idea. I have been playing around with alot of different games lately not really settling on a certain one for very long. There are a couple of ways to go.

1. I could go for plats one at a time. I am close to # 50 and could close on it quite quickly.

2. I could storm though a bunch of my played games and finish the stories. This would increase my overall percentage by quite a large sum. I know I will never get to 100% and I am ok with that. But if i could get it up to 80-90% i think I could be happy staying in that area. 

3. Or as I did above  a few posts, list a handful of games, have a goal of a trophy in mind and clear off one at a time and then do it again until the games are finished. 

With that in mind I am open to feedback.

oh and for those that have been participating in any of the events that I started I apologize for my absence. 

ok So I changed things around again. Yikes looking at things as they stand, I have 40 games where I need to finish the story mode and the rest are at clean up stage. So it is time to get to work lol. 

I did try a new game last night, Outward. The few trophies are very easy at the beginning. But the load times are just horrible. Also there is something that you rarely see at the beginning of the game. A timer for the main quest. If I don't pay off my debt in five days I lose my house... I mean what the heck is that. Half the time I spent lost because there is no map. Now I seem to be captured by an enemy camp and I have no idea how I will get back in time to keep my place with only a day and a half left. It goes now to the get to again in a bit pile. 

I now have to figure out which story to clear first. 

It will probably be Stranger Things as I am near the end I believe. Clean up will be Word Searches I think. Either one does not take alot of thought which I do not have right now anyways.

First Story Mode complete after changing everything around.

S959ce5.png

The retro style of this game really fits it well. There isn't too much bad that I can say about it. It is a fun beat em up type game, with an actual world you can explore, only one set of collectibles, very few side quests and only one possible miss able character. If you are a fan of the show, I would say play it but only if you have completed the third season. The story only covers that portion of the show, so there would be spoilers if you have not seen it yet. but for fan, seeing certain things in 16 bit form is really entertaining. Never Ending Story anyone?

So what story is next? hmm I was thinking of Kingdom Hearts 3. Unless someone else has another suggestion.

Heading down the final stretch before finals week. I have a research paper due before the holiday and a group assignment for another class due right after. So on those days to only have a short time to play, it is nice to only have a short goal in mind for that day. Yesterday was this.

18Sc4f9f8.png Get a Perfect and Win Ten Times

Not a hard one to get but I did not have alot of time between getting house and home work done and class starting.

Yesterday I finally finished my next book as well. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. If you enjoy fantasy, you my know this author as the one that also wrote The Night Circus. It is a great book, but one some may need to examine multiple time to really get all the subtle things that go on. It really was done well though.

• Like 1

Today, another small goal completed as all the collectables are now complete for stranger things. Only one trophy to go for the new game plus mode. I only had about 15 left after I completed the story. A few were in the open and did not realize I walked past them, some were hidden really well and a few were behind really good puzzles or that I did not have the right character yet. Similar to like a lego game. Although the names and puns that go with them are really good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum # 46

Agatha Knife

1S40219d.png

Wow my first plat since August. I am narrowing down to 50. So this game was really cool I love the art style for this game. It is a point and click so you know what you getting into. lots of possible missables and multiple playthroughs since you do have to do a run spending no money. So to give you a sense, agatha is about a girl who lives in the back pf a butcher shop. She loves animals and chopping them up, but she also tired of them being scad of her knives. The solution, you will find out is to create her own religion for animals called Carnivorism. So the point of the game is to launch your new religion and save the shop from going bankrupt and convince the farm animals to become meat. There are lots of pop culture references everywhere and has a good sense of humor to it. A good one to just explore and enjoy. 

Other progress is going well. I am making headway on the word puzzles slowly. Never again will I launch both at the same time. I did vita not that long ago, no I need to get these done. Onrush, which will be # 50, is at the founders trophy. After that is just the clean up and grind for that game.  

Happy Holidays everyone, One game to add, New Star Wars Game yay.

I did sign up for the new challenge, lets see how it goes. 

Lose the Weight-  Citizens of earth. Look at that face it is pretty chubby lol

Focus on Family-  Guardians of the Galaxy

Update Relationship Status- Amnesia: Memories

Go to the Gym- My Hero One's Justice

Find Time For Yourself- Poi

Get a Better Job- Uncanny Valley

Finish Your Masterpiece- Fe

Volunteer More- Stranger Things 3

Do Better in School- MechaNika

Make More Money- Frane: Dragon's Odyssey 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone. So looking over my stats. 

19 platinums completed. 

6 non plats completed. 

Most satisfying completion was Furmins. It had been on the backlog for over a year and it was great to see it finally done.

Game with the most grind was Megatagmension. This seems to be a constant theme with the whole series, but just repeating battles to hopefully get the right drops got tiresome.

Game that flopped the most was a tie. Paraiso Island and Licky the lizard were both underwhelming free titles.  

The one I enjoyed the most was actually Agatha Knife. A neat little title about a girl creating a religion so she can slaughter animals without them being scared of her. The art work and references were great. 

So my goals for the coming year are simple. 

I do not have a plat goal besides hitting my 50. Which I still plan to be Onrush.

I do plan to get my Completion PCG above 70%. I have over 30 story modes to complete. As I get them done the will move to the next list to take care off the remaining trophies. I am on the last bit of story for KH3 and as you can see word searches. I did two whole sections yesterday for that. 

1st story mode of the new year complete in KH3. The ending music was so great as it was a rescore of one of the original songs and brings back everything to a close for now. Next story to be done is Guardians of the Galaxy, which is actually a plat too since I believe that there is nothing unmissable. It was nice to get the first one finished just as school is restarting. We will see how things go as I get busier in the next weeks. 

After so much cheating by the computer, finally the founders trophy for Onrush is complete. It took some restarts and somedays were nail biting as I swear the game was padding its score at times. But it is done. Now to slowly chip away at the individual races to get all the points. I have the first two whole sections complete, so section three will be the next area.