King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

Finished the first book of my off the shelf challange. Frost and Fire by Roger Zelanzy is a short story collection by legendary scifi author. I enjoyed some of the shorter works bit the two featured novellas were a grind for me. The last one especially was only 70 pages but took me several days to slog through. 

Added a new challange for myself. I saw elsewhere on here the A through Z challange and decided to go for it. The catch involved is that only rpg games are allowed. I have a list of titles in my intro for possible entrys but they may be swapped out if something else catches my interest. Some of them are already in my backlog and or started already. Beating them will get them off my to do list amd bring up my completion percentage. Only issue I see is finding ome for both Z and the number space. I do not see a current ps4 or vita rpg that has a platinum for those two.

Edit Update: I found a Z!!! Ziggurat has been added to the list.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

L376d25.png

Next 100% complete this evening, Welcome Park, on 07 Feb 2018. Finally got this done. Most of these puzzles I got right away when I seriously started messing with it. The only one I needed for the last few weeks was the 15 piece slide puzzle. It finally lined up in my favor and I got it under 40 seconds. Before that I couldnt get it under 1:20 and had to put it away for awhile so I didnt toss my bita against a wall. I so dont want to ever see another slide puzzle for along time.

Book 2 of my off the shelf challange complete. Amped by Daniel H Wilson. Now I have a semi small stack of library books to start before I get more off my own shelf.

I also have more to add to the backlog. I picked up Tokyo Xanadu from the library amd going to start it. I also picked up three ps+ titles. Knack, Rime and Grand Kingdom.

I been trying to figure out the sublimination system for Lost Sphear for the last few days. For some reason at 5:30 this morning my brain dawned on the  answers. 

I have also planned out all the way to my tenth platinum. I really like the way Persona 4 Golden's looks so I think that will be my tenth. I had to then plan it out some to get to that point.

I have three completed; Ether One, Batman and Lego Jurassic World. I have two in the works; Lost Sphear and Tokyo Xanadu. One saves to the side for lent challange; Grim Fandango. I think I will do three off my played backlog; The Wolf Among Us, Final Fantasy Type Zero, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Finally then Persona 4.

Glad to see you doing well. May I recommend a murder mystery book series? The Cat Who series was one of my favorite reads and watching the interaction between the two Siamese cats and the man who came to inherit them was just so wonderful. ;)

Anyways, I am glad you are trying out Adventures of Mana and Cat Quest. These are really great RPGs and great for quick runs on the go. You won't be disappointed. I only wish I had saved Cat Quest for my own list.

23 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Glad to see you doing well. May I recommend a murder mystery book series? The Cat Who series was one of my favorite reads and watching the interaction between the two Siamese cats and the man who came to inherit them was just so wonderful. ;)

Anyways, I am glad you are trying out Adventures of Mana and Cat Quest. These are really great RPGs and great for quick runs on the go. You won't be disappointed. I only wish I had saved Cat Quest for my own list.

No cat novels for me lol. I have a daughter that is obsessed with warrior cats and that is just about as much as i can stomach. I am looking forward to those games though. It may be some time before I do catquest as well.

First day of the Lent Challange. My primary game right now is Tokyo Xanadu. Really glad I picked this game up, it is alot of fun. To me it draws many similarities with the Bleach anime, in characters and plot. Which is not a bad thing, since it is one of my all time favs. Since it is also a vita game, take it on the go and use those small free momemts to proceed through all the story and dialog which there is alot of. Almost at the end of the second chapter. I hope by next week to be moving on to the nightmare difficulty play through.

On a side note, both of my games have the these weird animal looking trophies.

Lost Sphear's looks like the over aggressive penguin from the games enemies. 2Scc9673.png

Tokyo Xanadu's reminds me of the cactaur from the Final Fantasy series. 2Sb03ed0.png

Did some math the other day and figured out that I needed 8 more trophies to get to 75% in Guitar Hero. Last night I managed to snag two of them. One I have been chasing for some time to get 100% in songs in quickplay. I was so close to another one as well, to get 5th place or higher in 18 straight songs online. I had a streak of 10 songs going and lost it. After that really couldnt get another one going.  ?. I also got to level 16. Max level is 20 so the end of that grind is at hand. 

My next finished book is Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. Gaiman is one of my favorite authors. He is getting alot of attention right now because of American Gods and another tv show in the works. That one has David Tennant, yayy. Anyways good story collection that has his classic short story , The Sunbird and a American Gods novella. 

Next library book completed. All American Murder by James Patterson. This book is an account of the rise and fall of pro football player Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez was convicted of murder while as a member of the New England Patriots and was charged but later found not guilty in connection with a double homicide in Boston. It is a tragic example of someone unable to break away from his past. I believe this case is a clear example of what happens when you give a lot of money to someone who is already known to have poor self control and don't expect anything bad to come of it. After reading this I am more convinced this is one of the flaws of professional sports, or even down at the university level. Players are held to a different standard. So when they go pro, they already believe they have a different set of rules that may or may not apply to them. You add lots of money into the mix and it becomes a problem such as we are seeing now all too often.

Game Updates. I am a good portion through my first play through of Tokyo Xanadu. I am going to try to atleast finish the fifth chapter before I pause to quickly work through Grim Fandango starting on the first. I want to get that one out of the way for both the lent challenge and the spring backlog cleanup. Did a little more work on Lost Sphear last night as well. I may put it aside as well as I work on a few quick and easy backlog games.

I also added a few new games to my backlog; Cat Quest and Unravel. I watched my wife play Cat Quest for a number of hours. For someone who rarely plays games, she stuck with it and seemed to really enjoy herself. I am trying to also decide if I want to give Abo Khashem a try. It looks like it could be quite fun or really bad.

My next completed book was a classic, Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. One of 

my alltime favortite authors. Read this one many years ago so decided to revisit it. Its amazing how much the movies change. Down to the fact certain characters die in this book so the current Jurassic World movies would not even be possible.

I also put my current two games aside to work on a few easy ones for the spring challange. Restarted Grim Fandango up to the point I had left off on. Had to since I did not have tank controls on the first time. Also playing through Cat Quest. Got about 8% competed in a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Day started off such a bummer. Went to library because I had to recheck out Tokyo Xanadu. I was out of renewals and coming up on 10 days overdue. Luckily there are no late fees. Well apparently it has to sit on the shelf a day before I can recheck it out. What a dumb rule. Well later on ended up at game stop and got some discounted games. One is Murdered Soul suspect. I had it once but never finished it. So got it again to beat during the spring challange. So in all I got these. 

Murdered Soul Suspect

Stardew Valley

Battlechasers: Nightwar

Yonder The Cloud Cacher Chronicles

Oh also I never updated my backlog to include my ps+ games. So also add.

Ratchet and Clank

Clair

Mighty Number 9

Bloodborne

So many games, so little time. On my playing front I am mostly complete with my first two spring challange games. 

Grim Fandango 81%

Catquest : 42%

Grim Fandango

Plat # 4:

1L12c265.png

I really enjoyed the humor of this game. I am ashamed that it took me this long to complete it. It is my first completion of the spring challenge. I also used it for the lent challenge since it does deal with the afterlife. As I have stated before, doing on the Vita was a challenge, even more so since I was using tank controls. Seeing which way he was facing and moving could be difficult, especially if there was a glare. Onwards now to finish up Catquest. I have completed the main story. In fact the trophy for beating the final boss moved me up to level 9. Also now back to Tokyo Xanadu as well. to wrap up the first playthrough.

Darn those ps store sales. I got a bunch of games today that I really didnt need and my step daughter pleaded for Sims 4. A good way to make up for a crappy day. Some easy games, some harder. 

Added to backlog: 

The Sims 4

Uno 

Slender the Arrival

Lego Harry Potter Collection

Flower

Goosebumps

Flow

The Little Acre 

Tina Toy Factory

Next book finished. Home Sweet Murder by James Patterson. That is the last one I have for now. It is really just a few short novellas from his new series on ID. I still have yet to watch it. I have it all on my DVR. Really short read and fast. I read it in about a day and a half.

Signed up for the Spring Fling Challenge but also still doing the Spring Backlog one as well. Yikes I hope I'm not getting to over my head. I added those to the OP. I also added a section of my finished reads. Also I started a challenge for Vita Backlog. I am getting to the point I need to clear some out.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

L376d25.png

Next 100% complete this evening, Welcome Park, on 07 Feb 2018. Finally got this done. Most of these puzzles I got right away when I seriously started messing with it. The only one I needed for the last few weeks was the 15 piece slide puzzle. It finally lined up in my favor and I got it under 40 seconds. Before that I couldnt get it under 1:20 and had to put it away for awhile so I didnt toss my bita against a wall. I so dont want to ever see another slide puzzle for along time.

I've always hated slide puzzles. I know your pain as I've done this game too.

32 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Next book finished. Home Sweet Murder by James Patterson. That is the last one I have for now. It is really just a few short novellas from his new series on ID. I still have yet to watch it. I have it all on my DVR. Really short read and fast. I read it in about a day and a half.

Signed up for the Spring Fling Challenge but also still doing the Spring Backlog one as well. Yikes I hope I'm not getting to over my head. I added those to the OP. I also added a section of my finished reads. Also I started a challenge for Vita Backlog. I am getting to the point I need to clear some out.

Do you like audiobooks? I used to read a lot, but I started with Audible a few years ago. I own 80ish titles now in there. I relisten to things a lot now. Mostly at work or on commutes, but sometimes while doing grindy ps4 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I've always hated slide puzzles. I know your pain as I've done this game too.

Do you like audiobooks? I used to read a lot, but I started with Audible a few years ago. I own 80ish titles now in there. I relisten to things a lot now. Mostly at work or on commutes, but sometimes while doing grindy ps4 games.

I have listened to a few audio books. Usually for longer drives I will use them. Also when I am working out or running. My favorite is Ready Player One. 

I liek that one quite a bit. I don't normally pay attention to who the reader is unless they do an exceptionally good or bad job. After listening to the book for a few hours, I was like, "Dang! This is a good reader. Who is it?" Turns out, Wil Wheaton! I laughed. He nails it though. 

4 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I liek that one quite a bit. I don't normally pay attention to who the reader is unless they do an exceptionally good or bad job. After listening to the book for a few hours, I was like, "Dang! This is a good reader. Who is it?" Turns out, Wil Wheaton! I laughed. He nails it though. 

Yup, he did Armada as well. Not as good of a novel though. David Tennant is fun to listen to on audio as well. Find some of his stuff. 

Next book off the shelf.

Dodgers by Bill Beverly

A really fast paced crime drama. A uneducated gang member from L.A. is given the job to drive across country to Wisconsin with three other people to kill a key witness to his leader. Trying to keep on task while also trying not to kill each other is half the battle. Most have never been even out of the city before and once they are they are in foreign territory and have to use their wits and keep their cool in order to make it to their destination without landing in jail. No phones or credit cards or weapons and fake ID's with just enough cash to get the job done.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:17 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

Cat Quest

Plat #5

1L10438f.png

A fun and addicting game. It is a shame there are no trophies for the Mew Game mode. I may do it anyways when I find the time. I somehow lost a dungeon and it took me an hour of circling to find the one I was missing. And no it was not the hidden one that looks like a bush.

I just finished this game on the weekend as well. To find my last dungeons I brought up the map with R3 and was literally a foot from my TV scanning for question marks above caves and dungeons. ?