Out of curiosity: Games pulled from PS Store

Dead-Sync

Just because I'm curious, how many other games have been on the PlayStation Store at one point and then have been pulled from the PS Store entirely, where even if you downloaded it previously, it would not be able to be re-downloaded. (EDIT: Might not be the case with MHO)

The only 2 I can think of is P.T., and now Marvel Heroes Omega. Maybe there are more, but I imagine it's a short list. I'm excluding games like Destiny where maybe the core Destiny app was removed and only the new expansion/bundles (Taken King, Rise of Iron) could be downloaded instead.

Thankfully in both PT and MHO, the core game itself was free to download, although obviously MHO had add-on transactions. Anyone else know of any others?

Edited by Dead-Sync
editorial correction

3 minutes ago, Crazy said:

1000 Top Rated 1f61e.png

Oh yeah! I remember hearing about that because of the trophies! That was a paid game though huh (albeit only 98 cents). Did it suffer the same fate that even if people purchased it, it couldn't be re-downloaded it if it was deleted? Or was it only barred from future purchases?

3 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

As far as I know, you can still DL it if you purchased it previously. 

Hope so, because even though it's 98 cents, it's still a paid game. I'd like to THINK that Sony has never had an instance of a paid game being pulled from the store entirely without the ability to redownload it.

Edited by Dead-Sync

A lot of misinformation here, haha. I think even MHO can be re-downloaded if you wish. Without servers, it just won't do you much good. AFAIK, PT remains the only true example.

IMO Home doesn't really count since it was on the XMB directly, not on your download list.

1000 Top Rated is a different situation entirely.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

A lot of misinformation here, haha. I think even MHO can be re-downloaded if you wish. Without servers, it just won't do you much good. AFAIK, PT remains the only true example.

When Home doesn't really count since it was on the XMB directly, not on your download list.

1000 Top Rated is a different situation entirely.

Ah, it was my understanding it couldn't be re-downloaded but that definitely could be incorrect. As you say though, a bit of a moot point

There are certain degrees of being removed.

The Tomorrow Children and Marvel Heroes Omega (et al) are no longer listed on store, but can still be downloaded if in your library (ie, you owned the game before it was delisted).

P.T. is not on the store, but is also no longer downloadable, it errors out. This is very exceptional.

Lots of PS3‐era titles no longer listed on store - MAG, Dust514; some listed but no longer have online functionality - Resistance 2

I can think of a few, Qurare: Magic Library, Singstar PS3 (paid version not free to play version), Afro Samurai 2 (only the first episode released and everyone who bought it was refunded since the game was so shit), Ride To Hell Retribution (this game was delisted but you can still download it, they even released DLC for it lol), The Tomorrow Children (when they pull the plug you wont even be able to download it), Kill Strain (same as The Tomorrow Children)...i am pretty sure i missed a lot, thats what i can think of from the top of my head, reasons why games are delisted are almost different each time, it doesnt happen often and certainly not as fast as Marvel Heroes Omega got to the chopping block. 

The original PS3 version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and its DLC was delisted, leaving only the Enemy Within re-iteration and the Vita port Enemy Unknown Plus (both of which have separate trophy lists). Therefore leaving players who hadn't bought the DLC yet SoL with regards to 100%. To this day I'm still mystified by that move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Simpsons: Arcade Game

X Men: Arcade Game

Voltron

Plants vs. Zombies 

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

There are a lot more, those are just off the top of my head.

And what's PT?

I don't have Voltron, but the rest can still be downloaded no problem. I even redeemed a code for SP's DLC a few months back...even though it was delisted I could still get it via the code.

My impression this thread is supposed to be about games that you can no longer download, even if you've owned them previously.

13 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Not true, Afro Samurai 2 was so poorly rated that the developers apologized for releasing it and forcibly refunded everyone who bought it. PT was a free demo, but this is the first time there's ever been an actual paid game that's been taken down and unable to be re-downloaded.