Out of curiosity: Games pulled from PS Store

Dead-Sync

53 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Not true, Afro Samurai 2 was so poorly rated that the developers apologized for releasing it and forcibly refunded everyone who bought it. PT was a free demo, but this is the first time there's ever been an actual paid game that's been taken down and unable to be re-downloaded.

Well, it was still a true statement because I said "as far as I know," but I stand corrected. ;)

2 hours ago, Jigsaw1532 said:

I have been unable to re-download my purchased digital copy of Homefront. On the store, it's as though it never existed.

Did you actually go to your download list? Because that's where you'd have to find it after it gets delisted.

It would make more sense if Sony left the game pages up and simply said "Unavailable" for everyone  else, but then we could search for it and download from there. Rather than having to shift through pages and pages of the shitty download list to do anything of use. Particularly for PS3/Vita where it's much worse to do.

5 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Did you actually go to your download list? Because that's where you'd have to find it after it gets delisted.

It would make more sense if Sony left the game pages up and simply said "Unavailable" for everyone  else, but then we could search for it and download from there. Rather than having to shift through pages and pages of the shitty download list to do anything of use. Particularly for PS3/Vita where it's much worse to do.

Thanks for the advice, mate!
Don't know how I didn't think of that before, now I can finally get that percentage up

7 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Both asphalt injection and dungeon hunter alliance for the vita from gameloft/ubisoft had been pulled out from the store.

Hopefully those games are still available physically and without any DLC.

ps: guys let's end the confusion, the games that were completely pulled and removed from download are probably less than 5 across all systems. If you think they removed a game that shouldn't have been removed (i.e. Homefront) just contact them, prove that you purchased it, and they'll gladly give it back to you.

ps2: use PSDLE with any browser for a easier-to-access download list.

Edited by Lance_87

4 hours ago, Jigsaw1532 said:

Thanks for the advice, mate!
Don't know how I didn't think of that before, now I can finally get that percentage up

No problem. And it's not your fault, it's a convoluted way to have it and could be done in many better ways. Maybe by the time we get PS10 :P

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

If you think they removed a game that shouldn't have been removed (i.e. Homefront) just contact them, prove that you purchased it, and they'll gladly give it back to you.

Yeah, no. I don't think that will necessarily always happen. I couldn't get the Rag Doll Kung Fu demo removed from my account, because I couldn't prove that I bought it. Do you know why? My Transaction History from 2012-2013 has almost been wiped out. If anything were to happen to the games from that time period, I have no way of proving to Sony that I bought them. Reps I talked to about the demo went so far as to say I purchased it with a different account, and that's why it appears on my download list. But I had only ever used one account on my PS3 before boosting Starhawk this year, so that is complete and utter horseshit. But the records show I bought zilch in 2012, and very little in 2013. Digital purchases aren't as safe as some of you like to think..

5 hours ago, Scyther said:

Yeah, no. I don't think that will necessarily always happen. I couldn't get the Rag Doll Kung Fu demo removed from my account, because I couldn't prove that I bought it. Do you know why? My Transaction History from 2012-2013 has almost been wiped out. If anything were to happen to the games from that time period, I have no way of proving to Sony that I bought them. Reps I talked to about the demo went so far as to say I purchased it with a different account, and that's why it appears on my download list. But I had only ever used one account on my PS3 before boosting Starhawk this year, so that is complete and utter horseshit. But the records show I bought zilch in 2012, and very little in 2013. Digital purchases aren't as safe as some of you like to think..

That's weird... it must be a technical issue, they wouldn't remove it so easily. Anyway, i'm sorry for demos, but for purchased content, you should still have your emails. And they indeed include order numbers. They started sending receipts for free content a few years ago, sadly. But why would you waste time to ask for the removal of a demo?

I said to contact them because i had to do it twice, both with PS+ games. Limbo and Dragon's Crown. But hopefully i could prove it, and they brought them back. I actually lost some PSP downloadable content from my JP account but it was free and i don't really care since i already made multiple backups.

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

That's weird... it must be a technical issue, they wouldn't remove it so easily. Anyway, i'm sorry for demos, but for purchased content, you should still have your emails. And they indeed include order numbers. They started sending receipts for free content a few years ago, sadly. But why would you waste time to ask for the removal of a demo?

I said to contact them because i had to do it twice, both with PS+ games. Limbo and Dragon's Crown. But hopefully i could prove it, and they brought them back. I actually lost some PSP downloadable content from my JP account but it was free and i don't really care since i already made multiple backups.

It was one of this month's Plus games. Having the demo blocks me from purchasing it for free (I can still buy it for $10 from inside the demo..). I guess you're probably right about the emails. But does everyone really keep their emails for that long? I'm probably like the only person that never cleans out their inbox. Lol.

But just the fact that something like this can happen, I find a bit alarming. As long as the games I purchased during that time don't disappear from my download list, though, it's probably not a huge deal.

2 hours ago, Scyther said:

It was one of this month's Plus games. Having the demo blocks me from purchasing it for free (I can still buy it for $10 from inside the demo..). I guess you're probably right about the emails. But does everyone really keep their emails for that long? I'm probably like the only person that never cleans out their inbox. Lol.

But just the fact that something like this can happen, I find a bit alarming. As long as the games I purchased during that time don't disappear from my download list, though, it's probably not a huge deal.

Weird, the demo doesn't exist in the EU Store... but i got it and the unlock key after getting the PS+ game. Yours is not a normal behaviour. And no i kept almost all my emails from 2000 and beyond lol (only deleted a couple of spam messages in the past, i moved the rest to my my account and once a year i download them from the website to Thunderbird and make multiple backups... i just don't care anymore and keep spam messages too lol, i only delete duplicates)

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Weird, the demo doesn't exist in the EU Store... but i got it and the unlock key after getting the PS+ game. Yours is not a normal behaviour. And no i kept almost all my emails from 2000 and beyond lol (only deleted a couple of spam messages in the past, i moved the rest to my my account and once a year i download them from the website to Thunderbird and make multiple backups... i just don't care anymore and keep spam messages too lol, i only delete duplicates)

Well, I think others had the same problem with the demo blocking them from purchasing the full game. I downloaded that in 2013, when I first bought my PS3. But my Transaction History evaporating prevents them from being able to remove it from my account.. I'm sure my case isn't that common. Lol.

And wow. Lol. I've never thought about backing them up, but I guess that's wise if something like this can happen. 

Little OT: holy s**t the Customer Service is made of idiots.

So yeah, i have the vanished entries in the Transaction history... and guess what? They don't even know what i'm talking about! First, they confuse it with the Download list, in the US forums they think i use a wrong account or a wrong system, or that i'm trying to use PS+ content without being subscribed (LOL)

Now they want me to send them screenshots of the missing entries. LOL? We're talking about hundreds of entries in SEVEN YEARS. They pretend they were removed for being "too old". But it's BS because other companies still track EVERYTHING up to ten years ago and before. I still can check when i redeemed The Orange Box on Steam in 2008 and i haven't bought anything else until 2011. I started buying PSN content in 2010 and that year is gone from my Transaction history. 2012 is gone, too. The other years are missing several months.

I still have the emails for the purchased content but for the free stuff they started sending them like one or two years ago, at least in Europe. They told me they can still check my history but when i asked them to check a order number from a missing year they didn't reply, or when i asked them to send me a full print of all my history, they told me they couldn't do anything as it's a violation of the ToS (?)

What a bunch of a-holes.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:06 PM, Scyther said:

Well, I think others had the same problem with the demo blocking them from purchasing the full game. I downloaded that in 2013, when I first bought my PS3. But my Transaction History evaporating prevents them from being able to remove it from my account.. I'm sure my case isn't that common. Lol.

And wow. Lol. I've never thought about backing them up, but I guess that's wise if something like this can happen. 

I had the same issue, but I ended up contacting them when I told them I couldn't purchase a game as there was no option as I had downloaded the demo, and they fixed it within 5 minutes, just really depends on who you talk to in their support. As for emails, I create separate folders for each online store I shop from and store them in there, still have emails from early 2000 as it's too much of a hassle to delete every day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I had the same issue, but I ended up contacting them when I told them I couldn't purchase a game as there was no option as I had downloaded the demo, and they fixed it within 5 minutes, just really depends on who you talk to in their support. As for emails, I create separate folders for each online store I shop from and store them in there, still have emails from early 2000 as it's too much of a hassle to delete every day

Well, you see, they would have done that for me as well. But the roadblock is my deleted Transaction History. I talked to two different people, and both said they couldn't remove it without the transaction number. Which is gone forever, I suppose..