No cutscenes on PS4?

Milktastrophe

I found the plot of this game to be totally non-existent. Things just happened randomly with no explanation and characters would reference things that supposedly happened but were never shown. It turns out the game is supposed to have cutscenes (Youtube). Was my game just glitched or did they actually remove the cutscenes from the PS4 release?

2 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

I found the plot of this game to be totally non-existent. Things just happened randomly with no explanation and characters would reference things that supposedly happened but were never shown. It turns out the game is supposed to have cutscenes (Youtube). Was my game just glitched or did they actually remove the cutscenes from the PS4 release?

I got the PS4 plat back in July and I had cutscenes. I don't remember seeing all the ones that show up under "up next" but I definitely remember a few of them. I don't recall having any bugs with the game myself. I do agree that the game plot is non-existent but I don't think the cutscenes do any help in even connecting dots what-so-ever. I am having a similar issue playing Risen 3 too. It wasn't that long ago that I had played Arcania but it was so non-eventful that I barely even remember anything about it. 

Edited by skateak

This happened to me as well. I didn't even realize there were supposed to be cutscenes until the characters started referencing major events that I had no knowledge of. Had to watch them on YouTube to see what I missed. I would just get a loading screen and it would skip the entire scene. It was quite funny at times like how the game just ends out of nowhere at the final battle. 

I never found a solution to this problem or what causes it to happen. I tried deleting the game and re-installing but it kept doing the same thing. You are the first person I've heard that had similar issues. Seems to work fine for most people so I have no idea. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, MStalker58 said:

This happened to me as well. I didn't even realize there were supposed to be cutscenes until the characters started referencing major events that I had no knowledge of. Had to watch them on YouTube to see what I missed. I would just get a loading screen and it would skip the entire scene. It was quite funny at times like how the game just ends out of nowhere at the final battle. 

I never found a solution to this problem or what causes it to happen. I tried deleting the game and re-installing but it kept doing the same thing. You are the first person I've heard that had similar issues. Seems to work fine for most people so I have no idea. :dunno:

This happened to me as well ,there's a fix to this bug?Or depends only on the digital version?

On 28/11/2017 at 7:51 AM, Milktastrophe said:

Have you found a fix?

• 1 month later...

Just started playing the game and it skips the cutscenes here aswell ? 
When you're on Feshyr and you travel to the cave with the witch and then defeat the boss in there, I was taken straight to the beach on the next island, no idea what was happening haha ?

PS: I own the digital edition so like people say, maybe that's the reason?

35 minutes ago, Tsukuyomi_Moon89 said:

PS: I own the digital edition so like people say, maybe that's the reason?

Had the digital version too and didn't have any problems.

There could've been a patch that could potentially cause this problem. But that's just a guess.

I mean, tbh, it's not like you are missing the greatest story here so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/15/2019 at 1:49 PM, Ezmeranth said:

Sorry, I'm late to this, but thought it worth mentioning that I have the same problem with a disk copy of the game so it's not just the digital version. Also there are no updates available for the game as I write this, it's still v1.00.

Almost 3 years later, this remains to be the case. As a side benefit, I'm continuing from my 2019 save file, and not remembering anything whatsoever about the story hasn't been a hindrance at all ? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2022-07-10 at 1:52 PM, Galserik said:

I just started today this game and yep, the "skipping cutscenes" issue still happen. No Feshyr cutscene for me.

Same problem here. I was extremely confused after killing the Spider Queen when  just suddenly appeared on the beach with Diego and they’re talking about some major plot developments that never happened. Looked it up and it turns out this is a major problem with this game and as far as I can tell, there is no known solution or fix. What the actual fuck? Who releases a game in this state lol. It’s quite disappointing too because this seems like an enjoyable little eurojank RPG otherwise.

• Like 1