Lag_The_Ravager

RIP Marvel Heroes Omega

23 posts in this topic

Sad to see this game go.  Although this is not my main PSN account on PSN profiles, my main account has in fact platinumed the game - one of the .1% to do so.  

It's a shame so many people will never get to play it or platinum.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was tonnes of fun at its core and I actually went above and beyond playing it.  You only had to max 5 characters for the Platinum, but in the end I did something like 14 characters.  (Full Synergy wheel + extra chars.)

To those of you who did play, platinum or not - what did you think of the game?  Did it deserve this kind of death?  And who was/were your favourite character(s) to play as?

Nova/Magik fanboy here.  

Anyway RIP to a game that had potential to be so much more :(

Yes it s sad that this game saw such a violent ending,and no it did not deserve this in any way.

I plated it just last week because off that stupid early server closure,but this game was waay more fun than i expected when i started it,refreshing really.

Hard to say for the favorite character,i didn t get the chace to play them all but i had lots of fun with Star-Lord and deadpool.

But Magik was insane too,friggin beast :D

It was a good game till i finished the story mode, at that point i stopped playing cus i had no idea what else to do (and also the prestige trophy glitched on me which also made me to stop). The game also reminded me of the Ultimate Alliance which was a great game back when i played it on my PS2.

My favourite was scarlet witch, vaporising everything in my way was hella fun haha

RIP to those who didnt get platinum or worse sitting at rank D/E/F

Edited by Kyl542

I enjoyed it a good deal, I was even this close to just straight up paying for Spider-Man, I was having a blast with it. Never bothered to beat Loki though, his health bar was god tier and I could barely touch him on my own.

This is why I hate online only games, if you played it entirely on your own like I tried to do, the game would work fine offline. I'd honestly have bought the thing for 20 odd bucks if I could play it offline completely, but I guess I still haven't finished Ultimate Alliance on PSP, so there's that.

I never got around to playing it on Xbox either, I was gonna play it there, burn through the story again, and see if I could be bothered to beat Loki this time. Oh well.

Shame really, considering how short it's live was on consoles compared to the PC version.

I did the game with Scarlet Witch and Iceman and I have to say that Scarlet Witch was the best of all for me to play with. I'm glad I got it done in time, but I don't think I'd have even started the game if I heard the server was closing on November 27th, 2017. I was in the mindset that I always had at least a month to finish it. The pathetic thing about the game really is that it has no offline mode. The game is completely playable solo, so there's absolutely no reason for it to have been locked behind a server. I think they just made it online only because it would stop people from being able to continue exploiting the game if any glitch was found, considering online only means they could hot-fix any glitches. Two people who played this game didn't get the platinum when they only needed the "Duped!" trophy for defeating a Cosmic Doop, I'd feel terrible if that was my only missing trophy. I'm just glad they made everything cost 1 Eternity Splinter because that made the game very easy with all the XP boosts, S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply boosts and Currency boosts. The game was doable in 3 days or less, if people did it without many breaks and the guy who had 1 week, 3 days as a fastest time before the server closure was announced got destroyed. 

I feel so bad, I briefly played this when it was in beta and added it to my backlog. Its a shame I'll never play this :(

1 hour ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

one of the .1% to do so

This irks me so much now

This game wasn't given much of a chance, it was hardly out of beta when they pulled the plug on it, this game had potential, what I played of it was fun, sad to see this happen, and it shall forever remain a 1% on my profile.

Sad to see something with promise shut down before it had enough of a chance to improve, now we can only guess how this game might've turned out if it was given the chance it deserved.

More like burn in hell. The game itself was fun, but it had always been poorly managed. Both in the pc and console version. Which sucks, because it was such a fun game that had a lot of potential, but the people running it always screwed it up. 

I'm hoping that marvel gives license to a better managed studio next time they want to make a game like this. 

It is a shame to see the game as a concept go. Diablo-style game with Marvel characters seems like a match made in heaven. So much so, I even wonder if one day Disney will seek out something like it again one day. Maybe, maybe not.

As for Gazillion. I feel bad for the line-level staff. The programmers, animators, designers, art teams, etc. I know the game had its flaws, but for a F2P game I thought it was acceptable (I generally don't expect top-tier quality from a F2P). I thought it was fun, and did its job. I don't feel bad for Gazillion's management. This is fully on them. How they let such a good concept, with license to a good IP fail, is beyond me. The fact that they lost a license, and didn't even let anyone communicate this at all....shows that they are not only incompetent at management, but misleading as well with their consumers. The final nail is the way in which they disrespected their employees. I understand that creditors need to be paid first, but with proper management this could have been handled in a better way. 

For example, whomever made the final tweet "Btw our servers are going offline right now, we're truly sorry" (paraphrasing here) I don't believe whoever typed that. Whoever wrote that, I assume was one of the final remaining managers, and they certainly did not sincerely thank fans, employees, or anyone by being so sneaky about everything, up until the last action they took, of shutting the game down at a mystery time.

Let this whole ordeal allow the former staff members a chance to showcase their work and get better jobs, and let this weed out poor management and mishandling of customers and employees in the future.

Edited by Dead-Sync

R.I.P Marvel Heroes! Like the OP I got platinum on my old account, Chaos_Syndrome_X. Scarlett Witch and She-Hulk were my favorites. Hope those from Gazillion find jobs soon. Great people, poorly managed.

I’m currently on rank D I think so I’m not happy with that haha. Funnily enough me and my wife were looking to come play this again only to find its gone. RIP

I'm sad the plat rarity dropped like a rock. Not even in my top 5 anymore.

No one understands the grind. It's not fair they got free boosters to help make it less ridiculous. Hmph.

i've been following this game very closely for weeks – across 4-5 forums & discord servers – but it was only yesterday at ~1:20pm that I was able to play it for the 1st time. i got about 10 minutes into the prologue playing as my fav char Deadpool before the servers closed & I was booted to main menu. i wish i never got the chance to play it, because it was enjoyable and so now i mourn it when i otherwise wouldn't. 

it's a funny irony that Disney cut ties with Gazillion to preserve PR, and in doing so they've pissed off 2 passionate demographics – MHO fans and trophy collectors. i will always remember how Disney delisted the game from PSN, as that's the reason I didn't get the plat. so gg on saving face, Disney – now nobody can unjustly slander your name with Gazillion's unprofessional tardiness. instead, you've managed to give people a legitimate reason to hate you

On 11/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, Elvick_ said:

No one understands the grind. It's not fair they got free boosters to help make it less ridiculous. Hmph.

I feel your pain. 

It was at 1.55% when I plat'ed mine. Never thought it would shoot over 2.00%...

3 hours ago, Gryfter said:

I feel your pain. 

Well, you/we cannot complain since you/we are part of the congregation of people who platinumed it because of what they did to the in-game prices.

If the game hadn't shut really early and did go on until December 31st, the platinum likely would have gone up to 3.30% or something.

3 hours ago, Gryfter said:

I feel your pain. 

On 28/11/2017 at 3:33 PM, Elvick_ said:

Hey, Guys, don't worry, Ninja Gaiden 2, 3 and Yaiba always will be under 0,2%. Go try it!

Plat Pay-to-win games do not make you a Hardcore gamer. If you seek rarity, come to do some ones like this...

Edited by ckendrigo

8 hours ago, ckendrigo said:

Hey, Guys, don't worry, Ninja Gaiden 2, 3 and Yaiba always will be under 0,2%. Go try it!

Plat Pay-to-win games do not make you a Hardcore gamer. If you seek rarity, come to do some ones like this...

I didn't pay to win to plat it though which is why it was a grind and therefore earned. People being able to get the pay to win benefit without even paying is why it shot up.

And nobody said anything about being a hardcore gamer. Stop projecting.

11 hours ago, ckendrigo said:

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I didn't pay to win to plat it though which is why it was a grind and therefore earned. People being able to get the pay to win benefit without even paying is why it shot up.

And nobody said anything about being a hardcore gamer. Stop projecting.

It doesn't take a pro to do a Ninja Gaiden platinum, there are a lot of exploits for the game that make things easier, this is coming from someone who carried MANY people with the co-op for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3, they all did it the easy way without challenging themselves, I know @ckendrigo is going to be one of those people, like 99% of the people who do NGS2. I'd recommend checking out this video before you try to grow your e-peen with the NGS2 platinum again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3OOhEnkog

I can appreciate the grind for this game, if you did it for free by going for the Eternity Splinters legitimately while the cheapest heroes costed 200 Eternity Splinters, hats off to you. I speculate that the game probably took 150-200 hours to platinum before the game got changed to make everything cost 1 Eternity Splinter. I did it while everything was 1 Eternity Splinter, but you can't blame me for that, the game server closure was announced and it did shut early, I took the opportunity and anyone else would have done the same thing. Just be glad that it only lasted 12 days like that, but that was still enough time to slaughter the rarity. The game really seemed to have some hardcore fans, since me and my friends were saying "how was this only a 1.40% plat when everything wasn't 1 Eternity Splinter?". I personally would have ended up at least purchasing the heroes with real money if I was working on it before the game got changed. 

Unfortunately the one game I'd challenge "hardcore" trophy hunters to do is unobtainable currently but it would have been Gran Turismo 5. But personally, I don't really hold trophy difficulty up high, no game requires you to become a pro at it to get the trophies, it's people who set the challenges beyond the trophies that really deserve the respect. 

Edited by Sergen

20 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Well, you/we cannot complain since you/we are part of the congregation of people who platinumed it because of what they did to the in-game prices.

If the game hadn't shut really early and did go on until December 31st, the platinum likely would have gone up to 3.30% or something.

I platted mine back in July...

7 hours ago, Gryfter said:

I platted mine back in July...

Ah, my bad. Was assuming you were recent since the plat went recently back up to that. I see your point then.

@Sergen, you are misunderstanding me, a lot. When I see some games complaining about the fall of a plat rarity in this conditions ( with a huge Marvel fan-base; turned into a impossible plat; the wrong dead line), like Gryfter and Elvick did, I'm sorry for the community. Seems they are selfish. Some friends of mine, and I, could't play for many reasons, but had no time. And we were a bit sad, meanwhile some lament the loss of some platinum status.😒

Well, well. About NG2, and I be 99%, look my plat PSN, you won't see Massagy in a Goat with some Maionese, while play some tons and tons of novel. Got it? It was a allegory. You're judging me, and that's no problem. The problem is to do without knowing me.

P.S.: You are awesome. Congrats.

If I knew this would happen... I would've played more, or not even start the game at all. 5 trophies only. That'll put a damper on my stats. =o(

5 hours ago, ckendrigo said:

@Sergen, you are misunderstanding me, a lot. When I see some games complaining about the fall of a plat rarity in this conditions ( with a huge Marvel fan-base; turned into a impossible plat; the wrong dead line), like Gryfter and Elvick did, I'm sorry for the community. Seems they are selfish. Some friends of mine, and I, could't play for many reasons, but had no time. And we were a bit sad, meanwhile some lament the loss of some platinum status.1f612.png

Well, well. About NG2, and I be 99%, look my plat PSN, you won't see Massagy in a Goat with some Maionese, while play some tons and tons of novel. Got it? It was a allegory. You're judging me, and that's no problem. The problem is to do without knowing me.

P.S.: You are awesome. Congrats.

What I don't take kindly to is seeing someone who tries to put trophy accomplishments up high and belittle other people by "challenging" them to do a hard game because they think that game makes them invincible. In this case, I can understand if someone's annoyed by Marvel Heroes Omega being made into a joke and skyrocketing in rarity. It went from 1.40% to 2.20% in 12 days because everything was reduced to 1 Eternity Splinter. What you did was say "Oh, you think you're so great because you did this game before it got changed, do a hard game like Ninja Gaiden 2". Well, what I brought up there was the fact that NGS2 is easily exploitable and most people who do that platinum use an invincibility exploit while someone like me does all the work for them, but after they do those exploits, they come on a forum and behave like you by telling people to go and do a "hard game" like it. There were also people who did NGS2 before twirling was discovered, I'm sure they'd also have a thing to say about how twirling ruined the game, just like when making everything into 1 Eternity Splinter on Marvel Heroes Omega also ruined the platinum. I'm glad it didn't last any longer. If the game was kept on the PSN Store and the servers were up until December 31st and everything was 1 Eternity Splinter, I dread to think what could have happened, it could have even stopped being an ultra rare platinum. 

Edited by Sergen