[Poll] Obtaining a Platinum more than once on the same account.

Mr_MovieMan29

Getting multiple platinums to one game  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be okay?

• Yes, if a person really enjoys a game they should be able to platinum it as many times as they want.
    • No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count.
    • Yes, only if the game is extremely difficult and can be looked at as a challenge to master.
    • Yes (other reason)
    • No (other reason)

This is when people import a game from a different region to get another platinum for it. This does not include getting the Vita version and the Ps3 version (I.e. All Stars, Sly 4)

Feel free to post your thoughts and other reasons why it is or is not okay.

I have never really understood how that accually worked, if you get a copy of the game from a different region and pop it in, all of the trophies start popping? or do u have to earn them again?

THEQXD.png

Edited by THEQXD

Multiple region plats look great. Cross-play plats are retarded. The former requires skill, time, and a love for the game. The latter I see as being almost on the same level as save hacking, although its not a person's malicious intent to "hack" in a cross-play setting.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 3

I platted demons souls 3 times, and in my opinion this statement makes no sense "No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count."

if platting demons souls 3 times is misleading towards the platinum count, then so is platting hannah montana, megamind and CSI. These games are so easy they shouldn't even have a platinum trophy.

• Like 4

I have no problem with Multiple region plats. You had to play the game again and it still required skill to do.

Cross Play plats are fine as well. I have Sound Shapes platted twice and I beat it legit the first time, so that means I could beat it legit a second time if I wanted to. Now my Rayman and Playstation Allstar plats I had to earn twice (once on Ps3 and once on Vita). Those were both done with me playing the game through twice.

• Like 2

I have never really understood how that accually worked, if you get a copy of the game from a different region and pop it in, all of the trophies start popping? or do u have to earn them again?THEQXD.png

You have to earn them again. The games are considered, here's an example, "Demons souls the USA version" and "Demons souls the Japanese Version" to the PS3s hardware. They are registered as different games, even thought they are the same. Not all games are like that, some like Uncharted 3 are all regions, they are not region locked

I platted demons souls 3 times, and in my opinion this statement makes no sense "No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count."

if platting demons souls 3 times is misleading towards the platinum count, then so is platting hannah montana, megamind and CSI. These games are so easy they shouldn't even have a platinum trophy.

I was just putting it down as an option. Some people may think that it seems tacky to earn a platinum by doing the same thing twice or more. Like you have 8 platinums, but 3 of them are demons souls so it really should only be 6 platinums.

Of course, it isn't mature for anyone to get mad over someone else's thoughts.

Crap didnt read the OP b4 i voted lol

Multiple Region plats are fine :)

You can vote multiple times. Vote for whatever applies

You have to earn them again. The games are considered, here's an example, "Demons souls the USA version" and "Demons souls the Japanese Version" to the PS3s hardware. They are registered as different games, even thought they are the same. Not all games are like that, some like Uncharted 3 are all regions, they are not region locked

I was just putting it down as an option. Some people may think that it seems tacky to earn a platinum by doing the same thing twice or more. Like you have 8 platinums, but 3 of them are demons souls so it really should only be 6 platinums.

Of course, it isn't mature for anyone to get mad over someone else's thoughts.

You can vote multiple times. Vote for whatever applies

well yeah if you have as little as 8 plats (no offence) then it would be misleading. But I am at 53 plats (about to get a boost to 56/57 in the next two weeks), then it really doesn't matter at that point.

well yeah if you have as little as 8 plats (no offence) then it would be misleading. But I am at 53 plats (about to get a boost to 56/57 in the next two weeks), then it really doesn't matter at that point.

(None taken) Again, just an option. But of course, getting 3 Demon's Souls platinums is different than getting 3 All-Star platinums. There is a slight difficulty difference there...

Anyway, what if someone had 72 platinums with 3 of them being Terminator Salvation, 2 being Megamind, and 2 Hannah Montana's. it sort of makes that 72 platinum gamer card look a whole lot less reliable/impressive. (not talking of your 3 Demon's Souls, as stated before, 1 demons souls is impressive enough)

With that said, I put an option saying it was "misleading" because not everyone thinks of mastering demons souls when they hear multiple platinums on one game. They think that a person is just trying to boost their stats.

Why does it matter so much if they Plat the game twice? If you have fun playing the game wanting to 100% twice then go for it. I remember 100% Crash 3 twice on my PS1 because it was fun and redoing the challenges. Also playing on the Vita is different from the PS3. I'm going to plat All stars,sound shape and Sly twice because I like the games and I want too.

• Like 1

(None taken) Again, just an option. But of course, getting 3 Demon's Souls platinums is different than getting 3 All-Star platinums. There is a slight difficulty difference there...

Anyway, what if someone had 72 platinums with 3 of them being Terminator Salvation, 2 being Megamind, and 2 Hannah Montana's. it sort of makes that 72 platinum gamer card look a whole lot less reliable/impressive. (not talking of your 3 Demon's Souls, as stated before, 1 demons souls is impressive enough)

With that said, I put an option saying it was "misleading" because not everyone thinks of mastering demons souls when they hear multiple platinums on one game. They think that a person is just trying to boost their stats.

well yeah, that should not be abused to be honest. Having 72 platinums and having 10 of those plats being double plats really does kinda ruin the purpose.

Multiple region plats look great. Cross-play plats are retarded. The former requires skill, time, and a love for the game. The former I see as being almost on the same level as save hacking, although its not a person's malicious intent to "hack" in a cross-play setting.

As a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid I wanted to experience MGS 3 and 2 in a handheld console too. Is not really our fault that SONY decide to make 2 different set of trophies for Vita and PS3.

• Like 1

As a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid I wanted to experience MGS 3 and 2 in a handheld console too. Is not really our fault that SONY decide to make 2 different set of trophies for Vita and PS3.

That's..... exactly what I said. I agree. I think its ridiculous that sony just gives out a second platinum for no reason and no added effort, but its not the user's fault.

• Like 1

I put "No (other reason)."I chose this for a few reasons. For one, I only see trophies as a way to extend the life of the game. Even if there is a trophy for the most mundane task, such as farming/grinding, it's still working towards a goal within the game. The platinum is just icing on top of the cake. Sure, it's pretty fucking sweet to have, but there is way more to a cake than just icing.That being said, if the game is so good that you continue to play it after you have earned the plat, what's the point of another plat? Other than another number to pile on what you already have? That's fucking retarded. All you dumb fucks out there that just want to pile the numbers on...well...are dumb fucks. There really is no reason for it.May as well buy, hack and cheat to get more numbers...Meaningless.

This is put into words that I wanted to try and say.

Let me put it this way.

Games I really like I import before a local release such as the Tales of and Neptunia series, I play them but then a local version comes out I buy that as well to support these games so they hopefully keep getting localised. Why shouldn't I play the different versions on my account if I bought them and enjoy them, I really don't see the problem and besides is it really making your platinums seem so worthless or ruining your enjoyment of the game?

Also on the point that was made in that status regarding different languages and not understanding them, some do understand them and the English versions translations can be different although it is usually so a joke makes sense or something but still there are slight differences that can be noticed if you understand the languages.

In regards to Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward though I earned that platinum twice since I originally bought the local version believing it to have a dub/sub but the PAL release didn't have the dub so I then purchased the US version to test the dub out and have a more "complete" version, I fail to see what is wrong with doing that besides what account would I have tried the dub out on the Vita?

• Like 3

I put "No (other reason)."

I chose this for a few reasons. For one, I only see trophies as a way to extend the life of the game. Even if there is a trophy for the most mundane task, such as farming/grinding, it's still working towards a goal within the game. The platinum is just icing on top of the cake. Sure, it's pretty fucking sweet to have, but there is way more to a cake than just icing.

That being said, if the game is so good that you continue to play it after you have earned the plat, what's the point of another plat? Other than another number to pile on what you already have? That's fucking retarded. All you dumb fucks out there that just want to pile the numbers on...well...are dumb fucks. There really is no reason for it.

May as well buy, hack and cheat to get more numbers...

Meaningless.

Ok but what about in cases like Rayman Origins where the Vita and PS3 version have different trophy lists and play differently (due to the touch controls). Also in the case of 3D Dot Gameheroes the Europe edition is different than the North American edition (harder times and weapons don't carry over)

So I want a different challenge so I played that other version, but in your words that makes me a dumb fuck and retarded? Instead of generalizing and calling other users names. Maybe think of it from a different prospective other than your own.

By the way the reason this poll was started was because a user started spouting off about how much he thought multiple plats was a huge waste of time and sad. Yet that same user had Cloudy with a chance of meatball plat and Cars 2 plat. Now maybe he has kids who wanted to play those games and maybe he played them to increase his plat total. The point is he got those plats because he wanted to get them. Same thing goes for people who platted multiple region games. They did it because they wanted to do it. They still put in effort to plat the game so it isn't the same as hacking or cheating.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 4

Ok but what about in cases like Rayman Origins where the Vita and PS3 version have different trophy lists and play differently (due to the touch controls). Also in the case of 3D Dot Gameheroes the Europe edition is different than the North American edition.

So I want a different challenge so I played that other version, but in your words that makes me a dumb fuck and retarded?

If you feel so offended by my view on the subject that you had to quote me and then put a defense for why you do what you do, perhaps you answered your own question.

I put "No (other reason)."

I chose this for a few reasons. For one, I only see trophies as a way to extend the life of the game. Even if there is a trophy for the most mundane task, such as farming/grinding, it's still working towards a goal within the game. The platinum is just icing on top of the cake. Sure, it's pretty fucking sweet to have, but there is way more to a cake than just icing.

That being said, if the game is so good that you continue to play it after you have earned the plat, what's the point of another plat? Other than another number to pile on what you already have? That's fucking retarded. All you dumb fucks out there that just want to pile the numbers on...well...are dumb fucks. There really is no reason for it.

May as well buy, hack and cheat to get more numbers...

Meaningless.

Hack and cheat? how can you compare that to earning legit platinums? What's wrong about getting all the trophies for a game again if you have fun with it?

• Like 1

If you feel so offended by my view on the subject that you had to quote me and then put a defense for why you do what you do, perhaps you answered your own question.

So by asking you not to treat other users badly and to not resort to name calling makes me a dumb fuck or retarded?

I can see you are not someone worth debating with. I remember you from .com and you were the same way then. I guess you will be on the block button here as well :wave:

Hack and cheat? how can you compare that to earning legit platinums? What's wrong about getting all the trophies for a game again if you have fun with it?

Oh no, Aexuz, don't put yourself in the same sad situation as Mayus...I like you buddy. Just let it go. That's how I feel about it, end of story. I already put in my original post the answer to your question:

Why buy it again? There is no point. Just play the same copy. Delete your save and redo everything. If you need to import another copy just for a different set of numbers, that's sad. There is no point in it. It is comparable to hackers/cheaters because there is no point in what they do as well. You cannot use the rationale of playing the same game from a different region if it is pointless.

I personally wouldn't do it because of the cost to import other copies of the game.  Ultimately, who cares?  At least that person is willing to go through the nonsense of a particular game again, not being a goon who hacks trophies and brags to friends.

• Like 4