[Poll] Obtaining a Platinum more than once on the same account.

Mr_MovieMan29

Getting multiple platinums to one game  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be okay?

• Yes, if a person really enjoys a game they should be able to platinum it as many times as they want.
    • No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count.
    • Yes, only if the game is extremely difficult and can be looked at as a challenge to master.
    • Yes (other reason)
    • No (other reason)

I don't like it. I think it's almost on the same level as hacking trophies. In fact, it might even be worse. The sole purpose for doing it is to stack your platinum count. Saying that you're doing it because you love the game is bs, because you already own one version that you can simply just play over and over again. 

One method is actually playing the game, while the other one isn't.  Enough said.  While I personally wouldn't do it, it's nowhere near the same level as hacking trophies.  Playing multiple versions of the same game isn't the same level as hacking trophies.

• Like 1

One method is actually playing the game, while the other one isn't.  Enough said.  While I personally wouldn't do it, it's nowhere near the same level as hacking trophies.  Playing multiple versions of the same game isn't the same level as hacking trophies.

I just feel like the people who hack trophies have no standards or respect for trophy hunting. They don't give a crap. Now the people who play multiple version of the same game do care, or so they claim. You don't go out of your way to import a foreign version of a game you already own and platinumed unless you want to pad your trophy count. It cheapens the whole thing. Again, if you love a game, you play it again as many times as you want.

I just feel like the people who hack trophies have no standards or respect for trophy hunting. They don't give a crap. Now the people who play multiple version of the same game do care, or so they claim. You don't go out of your way to import a foreign version of a game you already own and platinumed unless you want to pad your trophy count. It cheapens the whole thing. Again, if you love a game, you play it again as many times as you want.

Did you read my post on the first page which explains why some might do it?

My reasoning has nothing to do with padding my account but I'd rather show the games I like or am willing to support, I have some games as multiples that don't have seperate lists as well such as Mugen Souls which I imported for the LE and then bought again locally. So not all are about trophies sure they're a bonus but think of it this way if someone would rather play Disgaea 4 twice rather than playing a yearly CoD that's their choice shows you how much they like the game to play it through twice or sometimes more.

Why is Hannah Montana always mentioned does that have multiple regions as well or is it just a very poor comparison?

For me anyway I have the PAL/US or PAL/JP versions of several games why can't I play each of them it is better than having them sit on my shelf not played.

Hyperdimension Neptunia series - JP/PAL

Tales of Graces f - US/PAL

Catherine - US/PAL

Disgaea 4 - US/PAL

Atelier Totori - JP/US/PAL

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - PAL/US

Mugen Souls - US/PAL

BlazBlue series - US/PAL

Persona 4: Golden - US/PAL

Sonic's Genesis/Sega Mega Drive Coll. - US/PAL

IMO people who want to get the plat twice/triple, one reason is because they want to increase their plat/trophy number.

About demon's souls, the hardest part is to collect weapons, normally the plat requires 4 playthroughs and the hardest thing is to get the bladestone which the drop rate is only 0.5%. However in this game people can get these weapons from their PSN friends, so they only do 1 playthrough which IMO it's cheating tho. This game is getting harder and harder when you play more playthroughs. So I think getting 2 or 3 plats in this game with this method is not really "I really like the game". IMO this is just to increae the plat number and is nothing to be proud of. Also you can cheat this game to increase your level by suicide.

Assume If you can get SO4 plats both in japanese version or international version, that's totally different. But the funny thing is someone will do this kind of thing only on easier games / games that can be cheated.   

Edited by JKDdragonwithin
  • Like 1

IMO people who want to get the plat twice/triple, one reason is because they want to increase their plat/trophy number.

About deomon's souls, the hardest part is to collect weapons, normally the plat requires 4 playthroughs and the hardest thing is to get the bladestone which the drop rate is only 0.5%. However in this game people can get these weapons from their PSN friends, so they only do 1 playthrough which IMO it's cheating tho. This game is getting harder and harder when you play more playthroughs. So I hink getting 2 or 3 plats in this game with this method is not really like the game. IMO this is just to increae the plat number and is nothing be proud of. Also you can cheat this game to increase your level by suicide.

If you can get SO4 plats both in japanese version or international version, that's totally different. But the funny thing is someone will do this kind of thing only on easier games / games that can be cheated.   

There's only one trophy set for Star Ocean  :( 

Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 1

I think buying multiple versions of the game is a waste of money. When you buy ANY game just for the platnum, then it is a waste of money, time, effort, etc in my opinion. I think it's silly just to buy a game from 3 different regions just so you can have 3 platnums for it. Of course, you can platnum whatever you want to (I am sure as hell not going to stop you). As for Cross-play, I think it is ok just because it's sony's way of encouraging people into buying a Vita. Yeah, in a lot of cases you don't have to play the game twice, but the cross-play function had to help the vita sales if only a little

Saying that you're doing it because you love the game is bs, because you already own one version that you can simply just play over and over again. 

I agree with you on this one, imo if somebody plated a game twice was just because of the trophy count wich I'm ok with, but if you loved the game you could simply play it again. 

Well, here's my two cents, for what it's worth. 

I didn't use my vote in the poll because I think the topic is somewhat murky, and has too many outlooks to condense into one single, narrow opinion. I personally wouldn't spend money on a game I already own and/or have finished completely. I don't own that kind of money, and even if I did I would want to spend it on new experiences, as opposed to stock-piling previous experiences.

Now, in saying that, if someone earns their money they've every fucking right in the world to decide how they spend it, and subsequently how they spend their time. I wouldn't really preoccupy my time with worrying about others are doing; I focus on what I want to achieve and if someone wants to platinum a game like Hannah Montana five fucking times that's their prerogative. I wouldn't do it, but isn't that what makes life so great? The fact we all view it slightly differently than one another? 

I'll take pride in what I do, enjoy what I do and play what I feel like playing. You'll take pride it what you do, enjoy what you do and play what you feel like playing. I might not agree with or even consider doing what you're doing or share your tastes, but the beauty is I don't have to.

Come on Gota, just man up and say you think it's lame! :P Coward! :shakefist:

I think multi-stacked plats are lame personally. Play something new.

If your intention was to inflate your statistics = lame

If your intention was to plat a game you love multiple times = just play it on an alt account or an alt save.

If you happen to just have multiple region copies of the same game = you are probably a liar

• Like 3

Personally when i enjoy a great game, and i get platinum. I then platinum it on my 2nd account. No point in buying the same game, just another region. My way i get them again, save lots of money, and if someone steals my account, i have a backup instead of starting all over!

• Like 1

Personally when i enjoy a great game, and i get platinum. I then platinum it on my 2nd account. No point in buying the same game, just another region. My way i get them again, save lots of money, and if someone steals my account, i have a backup instead of starting all over!

What happens if both accounts get hacked? If they hack your PS3, they are likely going to hack all accounts related to that specific system, not just the one with the most trophies . . .

hey i have a question what about playing at one account at two consoles at one time?? 1 normal logged in and the 2 offline playing at the same time earning trophies is this cheating??( my friend and his brother want to buy secont ps3 and they want to play on 1 account) or playing at the same time ps3 and vita??

hey i have a question what about playing at one account at two consoles at one time?? 1 normal logged in and the 2 offline playing at the same time earning trophies is this cheating??( my friend and his brother want to buy secont ps3 and they want to play on 1 account) or playing at the same time ps3 and vita??

If the consoles are offline then the trophies got on the second console wont appear on the account, they are only saved on the PS3. 

Now, if two people are working on the same account (online) some people might see it as cheating, I don't mind though.

If the consoles are offline then the trophies got on the second console wont appear on the account, they are only saved on the PS3. 

Now, if two people are working on the same account (online) some people might see it as cheating, I don't mind though.

but on PSNprofiles this account will be a cheater?? After syncing trophies from the 2 consoles 1 ps3 will have trophies from one game at the same time like on the second

but on PSNprofiles this account will be a cheater?? After syncing trophies from the 2 consoles 1 ps3 will have trophies from one game at the same time like on the second

Oh I see what you mean, I'm not familiar with the policy here so you'll have to ask Sly or someone with that kind of knowledge.

I voted on "Yes, if the person likes the game that much they should be able to plat it as much as they want." I don't see a problem at all with it. Every platinum I have is because I like the game, don't care if Its hard or easy..if I like it, I'll plat it. Same should be for those who want to import it to get the plat 3 times, who cares? 

Personally I think if the individual enjoys the game enough that they want to play it again then it's absolutely their prerogative to do so, and if they have the money to do that more power to them, I know I certainly don't haha. They're earning the trophies again from scratch, so I don't really think it's misleading at all, especially if it's a particularly difficult platinum and/or said person has quite a few platinums, as it's usually only 1 extra plat from the same game, sometimes 2, so it's not padding their plat count out all that much anyways.

As for cross play plats, i don't really have a problem with them either. I have sound shapes on vita and PS3 except i felt a bit guilty knowing i would have all trophies pop at once and have it as my fastest plat, i've never experienced that before, so i decided to play it from scratch both times X D But i know a lot of people will enjoy getting a second platinum super fast.

Basically as long as it's not different methods of flat out cheating and/or hacking, it doesn't bother me what people are up to. ^_^

• Like 1

As I'm not really in competition with anyone, how someone earns a Platinum really isn't important to me beyond cheating/hacking. Trophies are something that should be earned, even if it's a bad, easy or simple game you still earn them. Cheating takes away from that.

If someone is going to get the same Plat two or three times then they've devoted a significant chuck of time to that game regardless if they have played it before. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want to buy the same game multiple times, and going back and replaying a game. Going through and collecting everything and all the crap you have to do to get every trophy does not sound enjoyable to me at all. But if someone wants to do that more power to them. 

Yes, you still have to play the game each time you go for the platinum, and in the case of games that are in different languages, you need a good understanding of the game's menus to get around effectively seeing as how not every game is import-friendly (I'm looking at you, mk2 and your annoying plot-related item quest that's an annoyance even in the English version, let alone the JP version).