[Poll] Obtaining a Platinum more than once on the same account.

Mr_MovieMan29

Getting multiple platinums to one game  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be okay?

• Yes, if a person really enjoys a game they should be able to platinum it as many times as they want.
    • No, it is tacky and is misleading towards their platinum count.
    • Yes, only if the game is extremely difficult and can be looked at as a challenge to master.
    • Yes (other reason)
    • No (other reason)

I don't see a problem with it.  Although my opinion is biased because I stacked a lot of games on my 360 account.  The problem I had (and perhaps part of what pushed me to getting a PS3) is I got so involved in finishing games that I started stacking games I didn't like that much at the cost of playing games I hadn't played that, by all accounts, I would like a lot more.  While I can't say I won't stack now, I'd like to stick to games I actually enjoy instead of doing Eternal Sonata 3 times >_<

I've spent a lot of my time getting double-100%s, triple-100%s, double-plats and triple-plats, and I have yet more lined up. They're awesome! There's just something rewarding about having the same game multiple times on your profile page, showing that you went to the effort of acquiring a copy of a game from a different region and playing through it all again. I suspect an element of this is that I'm a collector at heart and owning the different versions is just cool to me.

That being said, I think that developers really ought to stop releasing multiple trophy lists. I'll happily hoover them up if they're there, and there's nothing wrong with that, but why would you make a different list for a different region? It's just silly business.

I voted yes. Would I do that? Only if plat'in the game twice gave me a different gaming experience.

It does - for example, Demon's Souls has a different online community between North America, Europe and Asia. Invasions are very different experiences as the metagame is so diverse between regions, for example. The translation on the Chinese version is hilarious and well worth seeing. Not only that, but playing through a game for the second time gives you the opportunity to concentrate less on what you have to do, and take in the atmosphere and the little things more. The second time round on Shadows of the Damned, I got a lot more out of looking around the game than I did the first time when I was trying to not die and work out what I should be doing. It's like rewatching a film, which is commonplace and enjoyable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a recently discovered way of Re-earning a Plat by myself...on the same account...with no cheat codes...all you need is 2 PS3s.

I've found this little bug since I swapped all of my info over to the new 500Gig PS3 Slim.

Once you copy all of the info over to the new system using the standard transfer (you can delete your save info if needed cause some trophies ping off of the old save), keep your system off-line and load up the game. The trophy list will regenerate blank. You then can re-earn all of the trophies as long as you stay offline and don't update your trophy info for that game. This does NOT change any of your original earned info and it corrects itself once your sync the trophy list...but you get the satisfaction of hearing those trophies ring again without having to make up a secondary account.

I personally don't believe people should be able to get a platinum more than once in a game. In my eyes you should play the game and platinum it if you enjoy it. If you enjoy it so much go back and play it more. Playing video games should be for enjoyment, not only for getting trophies. I have a platinum in Dead Space 3 and I consistently go back to play that game. I have fun, I don't need trophies. 

• Like 1

I personally don't believe people should be able to get a platinum more than once in a game. In my eyes you should play the game and platinum it if you enjoy it. If you enjoy it so much go back and play it more. Playing video games should be for enjoyment, not only for getting trophies. I have a platinum in Dead Space 3 and I consistently go back to play that game. I have fun, I don't need trophies. 

What about people that enjoy getting trophies? Having fun on a game and farming trophies aren't mutually exclusives for some people.

Besides, games invites to creativity and freedom, telling people what they can't do with a game is kind of contradictory imo.

What about people that enjoy getting trophies? Having fun on a game and farming trophies aren't mutually exclusives for some people.

Besides, games invites to creativity and freedom, telling people what they can't do with a game is kind of contradictory imo.

I see where you're coming from, but I still don't see the point on why some people would be interested in farming trophies. You earned it once, good job. It's not like you're not allowed to go back and play the game again. In my humble opinion and with full respect.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'll be honest, I think it's sad, ok I'm fine with different systems but I've seen people that have 5-6 copies on thier profile, you can write it off how you like but the way I see it, it shows me 2 things, 1 these people have no life, it makes them look sad and desperate for trophies and 2 their over compensating, like the midlife crisis sports car you can't afford. replays more then once each console is just padding your bra or shorts to look bigger.

MY FIX a feature, if you plat a game have like a secondary trophy marker so you have the plat but you can 'respec' your trophies if you will... a plus side of a feature like this is you can re-earn your trophies and maybe try for a faster time overall having had the experience. I don't want any opinions on my post so no quoting please. these are just my feelings because looking at these people I only see a waste of money or a possiblity the games may not be legitimate copies and piracy does worry me for current titles I have . not pointing fingers just those are worrys I have seeing it and just all around looks show-offish.

I'm proud of where I am but unless the game is not available for me I'll be earning trophies for my region only the way it should be, I don't need to pad my stats. :)

no quotes please, thank you.

I, personally, wouldn't ever get 2 platinums of the same game, because I just think it does look a bit tacky, for MY list, I wouldn't do it. Sort of an OCD thing.

Here's the thing, if someone plats a game twice, just so they can up their plat count, then I just think that's sad, but if someone plats a game twice, because they actually LIKE the game, then by all means, do it, I have no problem with that, it's just not something I would do.

But then there's cross save, instant plat unlocking (like with Motorstorm RC), that is WRONG and PATHETIC. Pure whoring right there. It's basically hacking and shouldn't be done.

Edited by willmill97