Chose your path trophy description mistake

Hello to all actually playing and enjoying the game (yes this is still a thing). Anyone not complaining or letting home made bots „grind” levels might like to know that the description for the „chose your path“ trophy is incomplete for some reason. It doesn’t count to kill any other enemy while being marked - you have to KILL THE MARKED ENEMY on the opposing team for it to count!!! Just confirmed this, as I got the trophy myself doing it this way, and had way more than 50 unmarked enemy kills while I was the target. Btw HvV is the best way to legitimately level up and is fun as hell, for anyone, ya know... playing

Edited by cam_wick

its not that bad once you start getting better at the mode.  I got ten of them in a few hours last night.  this is the mode you need to play to rank up to 50 anyway so now you have an objective to complete while doing so.  ranking to 50 is the only real grind in this game.  everything else should come while doing so.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

It's not description problem, it's the game problem. Every kill during you are marked should count, but now it's only marked VS marked, which is really bad and boring to do. 

I don’t think it’s boring, I just wouldn’t recommend “grinding” those kills, just play the game, different modes and every time you happen to play HvV go for the marked kill.. and eventually you’ll get it. Plus it is sill the best way to level up. I don’t know whether it’s the programming or the description only DICE knows that.. either way that’s how to do it. But really it’s not a big deal, you are supposed to kill the other teams target to win the match anyway, so really actually makes more sense than just killing random enemies... you need 500 hero kills anyway so might as well go for it 

5 hours ago, cam_wick said:

I don’t think it’s boring, I just wouldn’t recommend “grinding” those kills, just play the game, different modes and every time you happen to play HvV go for the marked kill.. and eventually you’ll get it. Plus it is sill the best way to level up. I don’t know whether it’s the programming or the description only DICE knows that.. either way that’s how to do it. But really it’s not a big deal, you are supposed to kill the other teams target to win the match anyway, so really actually makes more sense than just killing random enemies... you need 500 hero kills anyway so might as well go for it 

yes, i got it legit. no reason to boost it.

i'm not so sure you ned to kill the objective while being marked or if the trophy isn't tracking 100% properly.  After people telling me you have to kill the other marked player while marked I have maybe did that 30 times and the trophy popped.  There is no way I had 50 marked enemy kills while being marked when the trophy popped.  Therefore, I'm thinking you can kill any enemy while marked but maybe it isn't tracking properly.  Regardless the trophy is easy right now with everyone rubber banding there controller for this mode for XP.

5 hours ago, cam_wick said:

I don’t understand why people would do this mode specifically for xp. You don’t gain anything just standing there

They do it for credits not XP. This shitty game gives almost the same amount of credits to everybody, no matter how good you are. 

And XP is best in this mode when you are playing normally. 15k for like couple of minutes of playing. 

1 minute ago, Patrickosan said:

They do it for credits not XP. This shitty game gives almost the same amount of credits to everybody, no matter how good you are. 

And XP is best in this mode when you are playing normally. 15k for like couple of minutes of playing. 

No, it does not. I make 4 times the amount of credits per round than the rubberbanders. 

And again, no. It will take ten minuets to even start a round, then around another ten to get to 15K, if all targets arent killed by then.

Assault is Much faster.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A12 said:

No, it does not. I make 4 times the amount of credits per round than the rubberbanders. 

And again, no. It will take ten minuets to even start a round, then around another ten to get to 15K, if all targets arent killed by then.

Assault is Much faster.

no, it depends on how good you are at the game. i can get 15000 in no time without boosting and that is probably the same standard for everyone unless you are incredibly awful. also, their was a new update released so that is why you might get more, this person might have not known.

1 hour ago, A12 said:

Assault is Much faster.

Maybe in your region, I have no trouble with finding people in HvV, a lot of people playing. Loading into main menu takes longer than finding group. Best mode for xp if you are playing it correctly. 

Edited by Patrickosan

• 3 weeks later...

the people are not rubber banding for xp they are rubber banding for credits.  There is no incentive to rank up unless you are a trophy hunter trying to unlock the trophy and there are way too many of them to be trophy hunters.  Most of these people are getting between 800 and 1600 xp per match and many times they get stuck in a match where they get nothing for hours.  The last match I played everyone in the match besides me was rubber banded.  That means nobody on my team was getting any xp at all because there was nobody to kill them.  on many occasions the marked target got stuck under the map and everyone not rubber banded quit leaving the game running all night.  Again no xp for anybody or credits for that matter.  However, if they had a good night and averaged 5 rounds an hour all night the amount of credits gained would be beneficial.  No doubt about it they are rubber banding for credits.

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

However, if they had a good night and averaged 5 rounds an hour all night the amount of credits gained would be beneficial.

The only points Credit Farmers would be earning are the points you get from being killed by an enemy, or "sacrifice" points, which gives them about 100 or 200 score. Dying from other causes however, such as the out of combat death (in the 2015 Battlefront game it shows up on the screen that "You Got Lost Far Far Away...") or the death from falling off the map at a location like Kamino or Kashyyyk, will not reward the Rubber Bander with any points.

22 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

The only points Credit Farmers would be earning are the points you get from being killed by an enemy, or "sacrifice" points, which gives them about 100 or 200 score. Dying from other causes however, such as the out of combat death (in the 2015 Battlefront game it shows up on the screen that "You Got Lost Far Far Away...") or the death from falling off the map at a location like Kamino or Kashyyyk, will not reward the Rubber Bander with any points.

never said they would.  I said there are areas where they the target has gotten knocked off and stuck under the map making it impossible to progress the match when the whole other team is rubber banded.  Never said anything about being rewarded points for falling off the map.  I think you misunderstood.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 11:15 PM, Rio__HUN said:

Assist count when it says elimination! I can confirm that. 
It popped for me around 20-25 marked <-> marked kill and i had the same amount of elimination assist.
I definitely did not kill 50 market target. 

I really hope this is true, although I've not read it anywhere else but here. 

Dislike this mode as much as I did in the first game. Would have been nice to have had a counter as well. 

I wonder why the developers seem to have such a hard time finding someone capable of coming up with correct descriptions. Today's task is to defeat ten enemies with 'a blaster-wielding hero', but actually you need to defeat them with a hero's blaster - Leia punching her son to death did not help towards this counter. Or maybe the counter is the problem once more, at any rate it's a shame how little effort seems to go and have gone into many aspects of this game.

• Like 3