Jak 2, 3 and X will probably come out really soon

Browse the US Store and go to Explore then swipe to the right until you see "Bundle & Save". A Jak and Daxter bundle is shown there, but if you click on it then it says "This content cannot be selected at this time." This can only mean that the games will come out in a few days! HYPE!

zhIUgeC.jpg

Edited by Viktorx2001
  • Like 4

The title of the thread makes it seem like it was actually announced/confirmed that it's coming soon. You should change "will" to "might" at least. This might falsely get people's hopes up.

OT: If that Persona 3 FES PS Store appearance is something to deduce from, this might still take a (long) while to release too.

EDIT: OP changed it, thanks :) .

Edited by Lucas

15 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Look, I love Jak as much as the next guy (currently replaying Daxter on my PSP), but we should never be THIS amped for a re-release of a game series that already got an HD remaster on two different consoles in the last couple years.

I'd be amped if Sony had the balls to be as great as Xbox, and let me shove in my disc copies of these games, instead of asking 23 bucks a pop. I am not paying 92 dollars to play fucking Jak and Daxter in *almost* 2018.

Same. I own 3 different versions of Jak. I obviously won't buy them again....

Until it comes out...

Just now, Viktorx2001 said:

Same. I own 3 different versions of Jak. I obviously won't buy them again....

Until it comes out...

Look, you're not wrong.

The PS2 and Xbox versions of Vice City and San Andreas are probably the best ones, but owning them never stopped me from buying the trilogy on PS3, PS4, Xbox, 360, iOS, Android, and MacOS. 

Only difference is I never paid more than like 9 bucks a game on any of those platforms to own the thing, Sony's PS2 to PS4 pricing is absolute bullshit, even moreso in the face of me shoving a copy of Knights of the Old Republic into my Xbox One and jumping right in.

Even with the bundle, I think Jax X is the only one worth buying (again) since it didn't get the remaster treatment on PS3 :ninja:

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

OT: If that Persona 3 FES PS Store appearance is something to deduce from, this might still take a (long) while to release too.

I've totally forgotten P3 FES but now that you have mentioned it, I'm suffering. A lot:shakefist: 

GIMME THAT THANATOS PLAT

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Look, I love Jak as much as the next guy (currently replaying Daxter on my PSP), but we should never be THIS amped for a re-release of a game series that already got an HD remaster on two different consoles in the last couple years.

I'd be amped if Sony had the balls to be as great as Xbox, and let me shove in my disc copies of these games, instead of asking 23 bucks a pop. I am not paying 92 dollars to play fucking Jak and Daxter in *almost* 2018.

You mean like giving retroactive crossbuy to things like Flower when it came out on Vita and later PS4? Same with Escape Plan, Journey... cross-buy itself. Yeah, MS does that all the time. I remember when I got the Splosion Man Xbox One port for free years after I bought it on 360. Oh... right. Not that black and white.

Sony's PS2 prices were the most fair. It's 3rd parties who have crept up the pricing model. Sony's games were $9.99 and $14.99 for bigger games. Suddenly every PS2 games is $20 now and I got into an argument here about refusing to buy them at that price, because I knew it'd just become standard pricing. $20 for classic games is far too damn much. $20 for most digital games is too damn much. I can buy games, brand new, on disc for the same price. de Blob was $20 at retail, why would I buy a digital game that price?

I digress. I blame consumers buying the stuff. And if you don't want it, don't buy it. I got J&D for free with Uncharted Lost Legacy, and that leaves Jak X the only one I care about getting since it was never included to begin with. Which I'll wait for a sale on if it's $19.99 (or Canadian Dollar equivalent). These games go on sale constantly.

It's cute people keep crying about b/c. Nobody cared that the PS3 played PSone games, hell most people still don't even know that every model plays them. B/C is something people love to throw a fit about if it's not there, but never use if it is. Nevermind whining about launch PS3 price, while high, the value proposition was great. I'd personally pay more for a b/c PS4. If that's what the Pro did instead of Faux-K I'd have bought it day 1. And I actually have a 4K tv, Pro is just lame. I digress again.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Sony's PS2 prices were the most fair. It's 3rd parties who have crept up the pricing model. Sony's games were $9.99 and $14.99 for bigger games. Suddenly every PS2 games is $20 now and I got into an argument here about refusing to buy them at that price, because I knew it'd just become standard pricing. $20 for classic games is far too damn much. $20 for most digital games is too damn much. I can buy games, brand new, on disc for the same price. de Blob was $20 at retail, why would I buy a digital game that price?

This.

All of this.

Digital games are far more expensive than retail games and for less product.

I would pay more for a retail copy that I can sell/give to a friend/play on any machine on any account, as opposed to the bullshit locks and restrictions on digital games.

Re-releasing games that are 12-16 years old, and that have been ported previously, for more than £10 is just insane. Todd Howard is a meme for the amount of Skyrim re-releases, maybe Naughty Dog should be next.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

The title of the thread makes it seem like it was actually announced/confirmed that it's coming soon. You should change "will" to "might" at least. This might falsely get people's hopes up.

EDIT: OP changed it, thanks :) .

Still holding on to hope that the Persona 3 FES on the PS4 was not a mistake! I would love to play this game for trophies!

It's hard to say whether or not the Jak bundle being on the store is on accident or not. Sony tends to do stuff prematurely like this. Hopefully, we will see it soon like the OP suggests. :)

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

You mean like giving retroactive crossbuy to things like Flower when it came out on Vita and later PS4? Same with Escape Plan, Journey... cross-buy itself. Yeah, MS does that all the time. I remember when I got the Splosion Man Xbox One port for free years after I bought it on 360. Oh... right. Not that black and white.

I digress. I blame consumers buying the stuff. And if you don't want it, don't buy it. I got J&D for free with Uncharted Lost Legacy, and that leaves Jak X the only one I care about getting since it was never included to begin with. Which I'll wait for a sale on if it's $19.99 (or Canadian Dollar equivalent). These games go on sale constantly.

It's cute people keep crying about b/c. Nobody cared that the PS3 played PSone games, hell most people still don't even know that every model plays them. B/C is something people love to throw a fit about if it's not there, but never use if it is. Nevermind whining about launch PS3 price, while high, the value proposition was great. I'd personally pay more for a b/c PS4. If that's what the Pro did instead of Faux-K I'd have bought it day 1. And I actually have a 4K tv, Pro is just lame. I digress again.

AFAIK Splosion Man never got an Xbox One version, but the 360 version does run on the BC program at no extra cost. But no, upgraded ports I 10/10 understand and support paying for, but wanting 23 bucks for a game that's identical to the one I already have on disc is bullshit. First of all, the price is just ridiculous, as you've also said. But mostly, it's the lack of choice. I can get behind Xbox wanting 10/15 (AUD, whereas Sony want 15/23) for OG games, because if you have the disc you can just shove it in. It's a much more reasonable price, it gets the games out there again, but people who already have the game and wanna play it on a shiny new machine can. That's awesome, and that's something I think would make Sony untouchable. If the PS4 drops and it has support for every single generation of PlayStation discs out the gate (yes, I know PS3 is hard to emu, but if fans are getting along with their emulators, Sony should be able to do something, or fuck it, PS5 can just play PS1, 2, and 4) it'd be the literal tits.

I got my fat PS3 plugged in constantly for my PS2 games, I only have a Wii U solely for the built-in (hidden) Game Cube emulator, I bought an Xbox One solely because of the good will they earned back from E3 2013 (a large part of which, was due to backward compatibility), and so on. I'll bitch about backward compatibility, but I'll also actually play the shit. Yelling about something online, only to finally get it and not use it, yeah, those people can fuck off, but I use the BC honestly more often than I play modern games.

• Like 1

That's good news I guess. I won't be playing them for a while, but nice to see they're finally being put out there after being in the dark for so long. @evilartifact My slow releasing, big announcement at the end plan seems to be a bust haha. I guess ND didn't want to keep us waiting any more, and will be offering the entire collection instead.

11 hours ago, NetEntity said:

Finally, the existence of X is recognized! I was quite sad when it didn't get remastered for PS3.

I wonder if they passed on it due to that memory card/autosave glitch on the original version? Perhaps worried about it corrupting entire PS3s? It's a good game but fuck me that was annoying to get around. I had to play it with the memory card unplugged (plugged it back in to save manually) and it still corrupted a few of my games. 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

AFAIK Splosion Man never got an Xbox One version, but the 360 version does run on the BC program at no extra cost. But no, upgraded ports I 10/10 understand and support paying for, but wanting 23 bucks for a game that's identical to the one I already have on disc is bullshit. First of all, the price is just ridiculous, as you've also said. But mostly, it's the lack of choice. I can get behind Xbox wanting 10/15 (AUD, whereas Sony want 15/23) for OG games, because if you have the disc you can just shove it in. It's a much more reasonable price, it gets the games out there again, but people who already have the game and wanna play it on a shiny new machine can. That's awesome, and that's something I think would make Sony untouchable. If the PS4 drops and it has support for every single generation of PlayStation discs out the gate (yes, I know PS3 is hard to emu, but if fans are getting along with their emulators, Sony should be able to do something, or fuck it, PS5 can just play PS1, 2, and 4) it'd be the literal tits.

I got my fat PS3 plugged in constantly for my PS2 games, I only have a Wii U solely for the built-in (hidden) Game Cube emulator, I bought an Xbox One solely because of the good will they earned back from E3 2013 (a large part of which, was due to backward compatibility), and so on. I'll bitch about backward compatibility, but I'll also actually play the shit. Yelling about something online, only to finally get it and not use it, yeah, those people can fuck off, but I use the BC honestly more often than I play modern games.

At least there's some games like Okage: Shadow King, Rise of the Kasai and Kinetica that never got released over here (a real shame about Okage because it's fucking hilarious) and we now have a way to (legally) play them (I mean if you don't have an American PS2, that is). 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I was just trying to think of a digital game as an example, none came to mind that fit the bill since it never happened so just went with one of my favorite digital games on 360. And you kind of skirted over the fact that Sony gave out legitimate ports for free on multiple occasions. Retroactively no less. No one company is evil, no one company is good and pure. They're all businesses, doing what they can to make money. It's silly to act like a company is a person with a personality.

It's not identical. Pop that disc in your PS2. Can you now stream it? Take screenshots? Earn trophies? Nupe. Hell the fact it's digital vs a disc is different in and of itself. And some are cheaper than new versions on disc, comparing digital to used pricing is always odd to me. Digital is new, just without physicality. It's disingenuous to compare used pricing to new (digital).

Options are always best, but we don't have them with PS4. And people need to get over it already. People sure moved on from MS standardizing paying for online, and MS trying to sell an always online console. MS made this call to build good will after fucking up so badly on the Xbone being always online from the start, and from outright lying about the Kinect [and how it'd always be sold with the Xbox One]. They didn't do it because they love gamers.

If PS4 was not market leader, then Xbone probably wouldn't have b/c at all. And no one would be talking about b/c at all. People only talk about it, because it's a bulletpoint. When it was announced how it was, no one had the concerns I did, because they don't actually give a shit about b/c. It just let them go "Greedy Sony!" "Cocky Sony is back!" and all that idiocy. Meanwhile, I'm looking at last generation and how MS handled b/c then. In the same way, and support for games eventually stopped cold. Which was, and still is, my concern with it on Xbone. It's better than nothing, yes, but that is not what anyone was saying. People simply heard MS was adding "b/c" and acted like partial and incremental b/c was full b/c, because it makes no difference to most people that talk about it. They won't use it, so what does it matter if support for it stops? What's it matter to them if games they want to play are never added? The bullet point is there regardless, and it's one PS4 doesn't have. So Sony is the devil and evil and a meanie. So it lets them troll and be fanboys and go against the market leader.

It's great you actually care about b/c, but most do not. PS4 doesn't have b/c, and removing PS2 releases won't give the PS4 b/c. And it's unlikely for PS4 to get support for PS2 or PSone games. PS4 doesn't even read CDs, not sure how bluray players work so not sure if that's even something that could even be fixed through firmware or not. And PS3, I'm not even sure how that would work due to the cell processor. But regardless, I'm sick of people endlessly whining about the same things over and over. Is it going to change from bringing it up every time a PS2 game gets announced for PS4 release? Will Sony magically see the error of their ways? Highly unlikely, unless you actually do something like start a revolt.

A better idea would be to focus on PS5 having fully b/c with the PlayStation line and actually direct it at Sony/PlayStation employees and getting people to do the same. PS4's life is only going to get closer and closer to an end. And clearly whining isn't doing anything, it hasn't so far. And PS5 is undoubtedly years into R&D already, so why wait?

• Like 2

That's good news! I still haven't done The Precursor Legacy on my main account. I was speedrunning it on alternate accounts a few months ago and got down to times I was happy with but I never got around to doing a final run on my main account. I'll have to do that soon before the rest of the trilogy drops. Jak 1, 2 and 3 are my favourite games. I will gobble this version up!

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I wonder if they passed on it due to that memory card/autosave glitch on the original version? Perhaps worried about it corrupting entire PS3s? It's a good game but fuck me that was annoying to get around. I had to play it with the memory card unplugged (plugged it back in to save manually) and it still corrupted a few of my games.

Oh yes, I did the same.

But it was fixed in the Greatest Hits re-release, so they could've just taken that for conversion.

7 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

My copy is the PAL equivalent (Platinum) of Greatest Hits and it's not fixed on there. Maybe they just fixed it for Americans? 

Yes, my two copies of the 'platinum' release are glitched, the same with my two copies of the original release.

I hope they fix it on the PS4 emulation or at least emulate the American 'Greatest hits' version.