Jak 2, 3 and X will probably come out really soon

24 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Yes, my two copies of the 'platinum' release are glitched, the same with my two copies of the original release.

I hope they fix it on the PS4 emulation or at least emulate the American 'Greatest hits' version.

They won't, which is what I'm most worried about. Hell, they even gave us the inferior version of Code Veronica X because of region shenanigans. The only time they release an NA version is if the game never came out in PAL in the first place. It's incredibly stupid that in this day and age they base it off of region when they use the NA code when they have to anyway. 

3 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Yeah, I think that only the red Greatest Hits release was fixed, not our grey Platinum.

Because who cares about anyone else other than Americans, right?

Anyway I remember that this raised a pretty big furor when it came out to the point where Sony Europe offered replacement memory cards and Naughty Dog flat out refused to fix it (at least I read that at one point so don't hold me to that), so I hope to god that it's fixed now. 

At whoever got memory card corruption because of Jak X, if you're able to recover a Memory Card to PS3 adaptor, you can delete the corrupted save file and perhaps reformat if the entire mmc got corrupted (one of the three memory cards i used for X as a child was unable to be written to for some reason, but my ps3 fixed all of them, and i thought I could trash that memory card...).

Also, do ALL the copies of the greatest hits have the save corruption patched? Or just some of them? I also own a NTSC ps2 and I'd like to play the game without having to worry about my memory card and such, so I thought I could get a copy of the game from ebay, in case the ps4 port still has problems.

EDIT: another thing is how will they make the secret characters available? Specifically: Daxter+Daxtermobile, the three Jak skins and Ratchet. You could get them on the original release if you had jak 1-2-3 saves and Ratchet Deadlocked, and if you connected the ps2 to a psp running the Daxter game.

Edited by crashratchet
Adding stuff

22 minutes ago, crashratchet said:

EDIT: another thing is how will they make the secret characters available? Specifically: Daxter+Daxtermobile, the three Jak skins and Ratchet. You could get them on the original release if you had jak 1-2-3 saves and Ratchet Deadlocked, and if you connected the ps2 to a psp running the Daxter game.

Well, I still have the PSP and still need a 100% save of Jak X to unlock the special paint on Daxter's vehicle, so maybe I can finally get it.

I guess they will emulate the gamesaves to make the game think you actually have those.

And by the way, if the EU versions has the autosave broken, we can buy it from the NA store.

This is not the first time that a game has been released and never patched in EU version, like Syberia 2 on PS3 which has a glitched trophy that was patched for NA version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I was just trying to think of a digital game as an example, none came to mind that fit the bill since it never happened so just went with one of my favorite digital games on 360. And you kind of skirted over the fact that Sony gave out legitimate ports for free on multiple occasions. Retroactively no less. No one company is evil, no one company is good and pure. They're all businesses, doing what they can to make money. It's silly to act like a company is a person with a personality.

It's not identical. Pop that disc in your PS2. Can you now stream it? Take screenshots? Earn trophies? Nupe. Hell the fact it's digital vs a disc is different in and of itself. And some are cheaper than new versions on disc, comparing digital to used pricing is always odd to me. Digital is new, just without physicality. It's disingenuous to compare used pricing to new (digital).

Options are always best, but we don't have them with PS4. And people need to get over it already. People sure moved on from MS standardizing paying for online, and MS trying to sell an always online console. MS made this call to build good will after fucking up so badly on the Xbone being always online from the start, and from outright lying about the Kinect [and how it'd always be sold with the Xbox One]. They didn't do it because they love gamers.

If PS4 was not market leader, then Xbone probably wouldn't have b/c at all. And no one would be talking about b/c at all. People only talk about it, because it's a bulletpoint. When it was announced how it was, no one had the concerns I did, because they don't actually give a shit about b/c. It just let them go "Greedy Sony!" "Cocky Sony is back!" and all that idiocy. Meanwhile, I'm looking at last generation and how MS handled b/c then. In the same way, and support for games eventually stopped cold. Which was, and still is, my concern with it on Xbone. It's better than nothing, yes, but that is not what anyone was saying. People simply heard MS was adding "b/c" and acted like partial and incremental b/c was full b/c, because it makes no difference to most people that talk about it. They won't use it, so what does it matter if support for it stops? What's it matter to them if games they want to play are never added? The bullet point is there regardless, and it's one PS4 doesn't have. So Sony is the devil and evil and a meanie. So it lets them troll and be fanboys and go against the market leader.

It's great you actually care about b/c, but most do not. PS4 doesn't have b/c, and removing PS2 releases won't give the PS4 b/c. And it's unlikely for PS4 to get support for PS2 or PSone games. PS4 doesn't even read CDs, not sure how bluray players work so not sure if that's even something that could even be fixed through firmware or not. And PS3, I'm not even sure how that would work due to the cell processor. But regardless, I'm sick of people endlessly whining about the same things over and over. Is it going to change from bringing it up every time a PS2 game gets announced for PS4 release? Will Sony magically see the error of their ways? Highly unlikely, unless you actually do something like start a revolt.

A better idea would be to focus on PS5 having fully b/c with the PlayStation line and actually direct it at Sony/PlayStation employees and getting people to do the same. PS4's life is only going to get closer and closer to an end. And clearly whining isn't doing anything, it hasn't so far. And PS5 is undoubtedly years into R&D already, so why wait?

As for the retroactive cross buys, (most of the time) it was completely unrelated developers' games getting the free ports and had nothing to do with Sony, the handful of times Sony did this is nothing compared to the hundreds Xbox has already made available either. Hotline Miami has nothing to do with Sony, and it's cross buy, as is it's sequel. HM1 came out on PS3, then later a free Vita version, and finally a free PS4 version. Thomas Was Alone, Minecraft, Kung Fury, and countless others have cool retroactive cross buy bonuses, and none of them have a thing to do with Sony. 

No, but I can pop my OG Xbox disc into my Xbox One and stream it and so on. Not that I would ever want to anyway, but that's not the point. As for pricing, well, I'll give you that, but let's compare then, the last time I saw a new copy of GTA on PS2 at retail was a good 7 years ago, it was the trilogy box set, AFAIK, the last re-release of them on PS2. It was 50 dollars. So what's that, like 16 and change a game? Still a decent bit cheaper than the 23 Sony wants for each one.

People don't need, nor should they ever, get over anything. If you want a company to do something, the only hope you have is to tell them and keep bitching. Just like how I will never let Sony hear the end of the Spider-Man 4 bandwagon.

I'll give you that, if Xbox just gave out a miracle emulator that let you shove in whatever disc you wanted, instead of having to get the rights holders to tick yes for each one, I'd shit a brick, and yeah, you're never gonna get every game... but the four hundred and something 360 games that work on the Bone at the moment is already shitloads more than Sony is likely to ever put up of the PS2's library as it is. 

I'm no expert, but my Xbox One can play CDs fine, hell, so can my PS3. Sony just removed CD compatibility for whatever reason in the PS4, can't imagine it saved a lot of money, but I guess it must have. While we're on that, I'd love for the ability to rip CDs to the hard drive. Having to store music on a flash drive is literally the only reason I never use it on my PS4. OG Xbox let me have custom soundtracks in my shit over 15 years ago now.

That's what I'm hoping for. God I would love that. "Dear Sony, please release a machine that lets me play the last 20 odd years of PlayStation, so I don't have to play the next 20 odd"

So, uh...up until yesterday, the "explore" page in the US Store looked like this...

DPzjZk0WsAAg6yp.jpg

Now today, it looks like this instead:

DP5edn-X0AA1Dfh.jpg

Absolutely no trace of the Jak bundle. What does this mean? Did they cancel the release? I really hope they didn't. I wanna play these games on PS4. I want it so so much.

39 minutes ago, crashratchet said:

So, uh...up until yesterday, the "explore" page in the US Store looked like this...

DPzjZk0WsAAg6yp.jpg

Now today, it looks like this instead:

DP5edn-X0AA1Dfh.jpg

Absolutely no trace of the Jak bundle. What does this mean? Did they cancel the release? I really hope they didn't. I wanna play these games on PS4. I want it so so much.

They've cancelled nothing, this didn't come out of nowhere it was announced to be coming this year in April but the bundle just appeared on the store early. PlayStation Access a YouTube channel associated directly with PlayStation have it in their store highlights for the week so it should be coming within a week. 

Only reason it's disappeared from the store is it shouldn't have been visible to begin with. 

• Like 2