Too Many Games - Prioritising And Help Needed from PSN Profile Members

NefariousDreamer

Hi all. The title is pretty much self-explanatory, but i am doing this with the aim of maximising the number of Platinum Trophies in my collection and i have SO MANY games that i need to get through in order to start playing newer games. As such i would like to you guys to help me out and see what games are good ones to plough through (whether it be through preference, enjoyment, ease of completing etc) so that i can ditch the vast back-catalogue of games that i currently have.

As a background, the majority of these games were based on my previous online ID of McLovin2BeatU, i had amassed the large number of games over the years and i never really got on with them (i.e. Platinum). However, i started a new profile (NefariousDreamer) and am looking to be more "completionist". As always, the help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated (preferably a list of about 5-10 games), and i would also love to know if you guys suffer from the same problems that i have in having too many games to play.

Current intention is to do the following:

1) *Rime - Got platinum

2) The Walking Dead

3) *The Order: 1886 - Got platinum

4) Wolfenstein: New Order

5) Infamous: SS

6) Infamous: FL

7) Horizon: ZD

8) Dishonored: DOTO

9) Uncharted

10) Uncharted 2

* = Updated

My game list is as follows:

- Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

- Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection

- Batman: Arkham Knight

- Bloodborne

- Borderlands 2

- COD: Advanced Warfare

- COD: Ghosts

- Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

- Dark Souls II

- Dark Souls III

- Destiny

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 

- Diablo III

- Dishonored: Definitive Edition

- Dishonored II

- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

- Dragon Age: Inquisition

- Driveclub

- Dying Light

- Ether One

- Evolve

- Fallout 4

- Final Fantasy XHD

- Final Fantasy X-2 HD

- Final Fantasy XV

- Goat Simulator

- GTA V

- Gravity Rush

- Gravity Rush 2

- Guacamelee! STCE

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

- Infamous: Second Son

- Infamous: First Light

- *Jak & Daxter - Got Platinum

- Killzone: Shadowfall

- Lego Marvel Super Heroes

- Lords of the Fallem

- Lumo

- ME: Andromeda

- MGSV: The Phantom Pain

- Metro: 2033

- Metro: Last Light

- Minecraft

- *My Name is Mayo - Got Platinum

- NFS: Rivals

- Nioh

- No Man's Sky

- Persona 5

- Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate

- PvZ: garden Warfare II

- Prey

- Project Cars

- Project Cars 2

- Ratchet & Clank

- Resogun

- *Rime - Got platinum

-Rise of the Tomb Raider

- Sound Shapes

- Super Exploding Zoo!

- Table Top Racing: World Tour

- The Crew

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

- The Last of us Remastered

- *The Order: 1886 - Got platinum

- The Walking Dead (TTG)

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

- The Witness

- Thief

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recoon Wildlands

- Tomb Raider: Definitve Edition

- Transistor

- Trine 2: Complete Story

- Tropico 5

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

- Uncharted: Lost Legacy

- Watch Dogs

- Watch Dogs 2

- Wolfenstein: The New Order

- Wolfenstein: Old Blood

- Wolfenstein 2: Shadow of the Colossus

Thanks All!

Edited by NefariousDreamer
  • Like 3

They are all great games, you can't go wrong with any of them. I am sure you will gain much enjoyment as you play through them. Don't let the number of games worry you though, I think in the long run whether you plat them all or not is irrelevant, just play them as much (or little) as you like.

Goodluck and have fun ?

• Like 4

@CjShai - Thanks for the post. I have always been a keen gamer, and no matter what it is i will always enjoy the games i play (other than the super grindy ones when you're trying to get over the finishing line - cough cough UBISOFT!) essentially, just looking to clear out some space as well as boost my trophy cabinet etc. Maybe then i will be able to get to a respectable number of plats such as yourself! 

unsure on whether the user i was responding to was correct
  • Like 2

Games that are fun and easy-ish (but grindy) 

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (MP trophies will need a dedicated team but can be done in a day if everyone is committed) 

Destiny (All trophies are still obtainable and the plat is relatively easy you will need familar players to complete Flawless Raider but its simple enough) 

Wolfenstein: The New Order - Easy plat run through the game getting all collectables and beat the game then throw it on Uber and do that run then your plat is achieved (if you have disc delete the patch after finishing you first run and replay the final boss on Uber and plat is yours) 

Uncharted 4 - The plat is simple enough few random task based trophies one speed run (can be glitched with disc version and patch deletion) overall very good the 100% is a bit more tricky 

The Order 1886: - Get all collectables and finish the game (8hrs roughly) 

The Walking Dead - Finish the game 

Ratchet & Clank (2016) - Finish the game get all collectables max out weapons 

Killzone Shadowfall - Boost the supply box ability with another person in public matches once done complete game on Hard and get all collectables and spend an extra 50-60 hours grinding out the multiplayer in Botzone.

Uncharted 1-3 Remastered - play the game on hard get all collectables finish some random easy trophies and pay attention to the speed run trophy guide recommendations 

Horizon Zero Dawn - Standard list collectables some timed trials and finish game doing all side-quests 

Borderlands 2 - Play this game with a friend its going to be a while 

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster - easy if you are used to JRPGS if not then would be more difficult

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

With that many games, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't try to do too much at once or you will find you get burnt out. If you find you get bored of a game halfway through, move on and come back to it later. Maybe even a year or 2 later - that's fine too. This is supposed to be your downtime, your hobby. Don't make it into another job - no one is paying you to earn trophies. 

Amen to that. Fun First, trophies maybe second, completion... Third?

Haven't played a lot of the games on your list but yeah... Witcher 3 will take quite some time. Horizon: Zero Dawn shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming. FFXV is a pretty easy platinum. 50-70 hours depending on how much time you spend idling and leveling and stuff like that. But I don't know how much work 100% in that game would be.

• Like 2

@StrickenBiged I totally agree with that assessment. Essentially, the only time(s) that i get to play are Fridays and the weekends if i have had a hard week at work then i like to use gaming as a money saving venture (at least that's what i say to myself). Generally i do tend to do a lengthy game followed by 1 or 2 mindless ones that are easy to do (relatively fresh approach) and i find tell Tale Games are a good one at providing me with that level of satisfaction. I'm just thinking of it as good ol' fashioned spring cleaning. 

@DarkSoleride Thanks for the recommendations. Wolfenstein / HZD / The Order / Uncharted 1-4 - platted on old profile (PS3 + 4). TR is such a drag as getting to lvl 60 is a nightmare with the lack of players. even when you go on a level by yourself doing the medkit runs, still takes FOREVER!

@blendercat27 Picking one at random. I like the idea of PS Roulette. Just hope it isnt one i have to commit for 200 + hours! :) 

• Like 1

Drop everything and play The Witcher 3, it's the best. Though you will sell your soul to it.

The other must plays:

Uncharted trilogy

Dishonored

Fallout 4

Crash Bandicoot trilogy

Mass Effect: Andromeda (don't care what anyone says it's a great game)

Assassin's Creed: Ezio trilogy

GTA V

I recommend Bloodborne, the Crash trilogy, Dark Souls 2/3, Gravity Rush, and...well, all the Uncharted games. If I was going to start a new account, those would be the games that I would enjoy playing again. Beware of Uncharted 4's DLC if you want to get 100%, though. Be very ware.

You can skip No Man's Sky.

@Cassylvania Thanks for the recommendations.Having already Platted UC4 on my other profile i haven't yet played the DLC. What's with the Donald Trump-esque fear-mongering? haha. is it ridiculously difficult or grindy?

I read the last part of No Man's Sky and instantly thought of Archer with your response.

giphy.gif

@NefariousDreamer The issue with Uncharted 4's DLC is the pay-to-win mentality. Unless they've patched it since January (I doubt it), they made Survival mode nearly impossible to beat unless you use one-time boosters or glitches (although they HAVE been active in removing these). You get some of these boosters for free, but you'll probably end up spending real bling-bling if you want to stand a chance on the highest difficulty...which you need to do for the trophies. So, yes, it's both hard and grindy, but unfairly so. If I were to do it again, I'd play through UC1-3 (even on Brutal difficulty), but I'd pass on UC4.

No Man's Sky is not worth your time. I say this as someone who has defended the game in the past, and I think there IS good to be found there, but the trophies are in direct conflict with any enjoyment you might get from the game. If you're going to play it, don't do it for the platinum or the 100%. Just play it for fun.

A few thoughts:

• Final Fantasy X is a crap plat. Don't do it. It's a fun enough game, but a completely mindless (and pointless) grind for the completion of the sphere grid. Final Fantasy X-2 might be a little better, but you'll need to follow a guide pretty slavishly for 100% (which means either a boring 1st playthrough, or a necessary 2nd playthrough - I chose the latter, and didn't bother finishing it).
  • I love the Souls games, but their plats leave much to be desired. Unless you just get someone to give you all of the rings, the grind is pretty boring. Bloodborne I found to be quite a bit better, as the grind is lessened significantly, and instead you get even more bosses from the Chalice dungeons.
  • The Witcher 3 is great across the board. Great gameplay. Great trophies. Great atmosphere.
  • Skyrim is a great game with a decent plat. there are a couple of annoyances, but nothing that a quick look at trophy descriptions wouldn't cover.
  • Diablo 3 is awesome, but grinding out level 70 with six heroes is a bore. If you have someone to help you along, though, it might be a good one to play.
  • Guacamelee is fantastic if you like the Metroidvania genre. The plat makes good sense, and acquiring it is pretty organic to playing the game
  • The Order might be a fun game if you like that sort of thing. I didn't, and even at 8 hours or so, the game felt like a slog. Mostly, it was the stupid collectibles which amount to rifling through papers on tables.
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition is another personal favorite of mine, with a plat that is pretty organic except for a couple of nuisances. However, I've heard that the trophies glitched for some people (they didn't for me, in two plat playthroughs), which would be a real kicker at the end of an 80+ hour game.
  • Lords of the Fallen is really only for pretty diehard Souls fans. It's not very good (though I didn't find it horrible), but if you squint your eyes a lot, you can pretend that you're playing a better game.
  • Persona 5 is awesome, but it requires no fewer than two playthroughs. Be sure to follow a mission guide on the 2nd, so you don't fall into the same trap that I did, and have to play through yet again.
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes is one of the more awful games I've played. I put it down almost immediately.
  • Goat Simulator is embarrassingly bad. Play it for the quick plat if you must, but it really, really sucks.
  • I recently platted Uncharted 2, and it felt very dated to me. 
  • The Walking Dead is really nice and easy, if you like that sort of thing. Nice storytelling, with stress-free play for the most part.

As far as a recommendation, I like stricken's idea. Pick a big one, and keep a couple of little ones around if you start to get overwhelmed. For me, that big one would be one of The Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, or Bloodborne.

• Like 2

I have an unplayed games stack about 3-4 times the size of yours and I don't know much about any of them...here's my approach...i have shelves where I store all my games...i select 10 or so...i'll take a few of each of the following types that appeal to my interests...ones that stand out as "I really want to play this now"...some that I know have mp, I love mp...a few that I know are mad old...a couple latest releases...i'll also download one digital game that looks awesome or that compliments the rest...basically, a good variety...i put them alone on a separate shelf so it looks like they are the only games I haven't started...i'll play one at a time and when I finish, choose one from the 10 I've set aside...usually covers just about any mood I'm in...i'll repeat the process every 5 games or so that I play...haven't had a hard time choosing yet but that could be just me...

a while ago, i had the realization that with only being able to play a few hours a day I probably won't even play some of the games I own in this lifetime so no rush...nobody knows what I like better than me so why not play whatever I want to?...perhaps you were looking for more specific help choosing...my suggestions would only be biased towards the games I have played and enjoyed so don't think I'd be much help there...

• Like 2

@Cassylvania Thanks for the info on the DLC for UC4. with that said, it's a little weird, and moreso, surprising that NaughtyDog would have a pay to win foundation for it. I understand you said that they may (or hope) that they have changed it with updates. it's a pity about No Man's Sky as it had such promise when it came out, only to be massively let down with the gameplay and conflicts between trophy gaining and enjoyment. More a casual play on that i think.

@starcrunch061 Big RPG influences you have there. Honestly, love them. Played them on my previous profiles and had a blast. consecutively i think they may send me to the nut house, especially if i am playing on the hardest settings (Dragon Age and The Witcher) Goat Simulator was a PSN+ game from way back when. I know its awful, but hey, its part of my library now. Lego games get me so stressed out as i have always had an issue with games that don't have inverse "Y" axis. makes the game SO much more of a slog. 

@ProfBambam55 Christ! And here's me complaining about the "long list" that i own. I think that your method is actually very reasonable. Might try and throw in some PS Roulette to keep things interesting of the 10 that i would choose. For me, i'm not particularly fussy about what games i play, as i love the majority of genres. The main issue i have is that i can flip-flop over what it is i want to play. I am usually quite a decisive person but when it comes to games it can be quite annoying. 

@Muskratateer Big fan of the Dishonored games. Thief, well that was a grind and a half to platinum on my old profile. think it was about 90+ hours on it. With that said it was still one of my favourite plats as it was such a relief to hear the famous "bling" pop up at the end of it all. Threw the controller across the room in delight!

Games from your list that I loved:

- Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

- Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection

- Batman: Arkham Knight

- Bloodborne

- GTA V

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

- The Crew

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

- Tropico 5

- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

- Uncharted: Lost Legacy

I too advise pick up a longer game as long term aim and shorter games for variety...

And how many hours can you play a day? Within a week? Wanna spend months on a single game?

I'd pick the following

- Metro 2033/Last Light (great dark atmosphere in Moscau's Sewers)

- Skyrim (I love it among others cuz it's a dynamic xp system. You get better for what you do. Feels like no wrong level up at all)

- The Order 1886 (feels like a good movie with a bit shooter in between, but with a good twist i didn't see coming)

- Deus Ex Mankind Divided (only game i haven't played so far but i hope it's like Human Revolution in which you have so many decisions on how to engage an enemy. Or leave him be if you like)

- The Walking Dead (one of the few games that made me cry over one of the hardest decisions you have to make in a videogame i know so far)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I would probably start tackling the ones that require you to do online trophies first, especially if they are older games. Just because the longer you leave them the less people online and you never know when the company might decide to close down the online servers for that game. This is the reason I am currently trying to complete Black Ops 2 zombie trophies. A few year ago they closed down the League Play so the trophy was no longer achievable. Luckily I had already done this before it was closed but it stops a lot of people getting the Plat. Looking at your games you have a mixture of everything so just play whichever one appeals to you most then switch it up once you get a bit burnt out.

• Like 1

I think that the first thing you need to do is separate the long ones (more than 40 hours) from the short.

Unless I'm wrong, all games from your games have achievable platinums, so no problem there.

Remember that the servers from Gravity Rush 2 will be shut in less than 2 months. (January 18th)

None of the trophies are tied to the online portion of the game but there are some cosmetic rewards that you'll get only playing online.