Too Many Games - Prioritising And Help Needed from PSN Profile Members

NefariousDreamer

I thought my list was huge, although im fine now, thanks! lol

Well, usually i put all games on an excel file with a column CATEGORY, that way i try to dont play repetitive categories, i.e. 3~4 fps games in a row, i alternate between them so its easier to start a new game everytime and also it feels more enjoyable.

Edited by ivangutjahr
  • Like 2

@NefariousDreamer

Hey man, first of all, you have a great list of games. And I really like your PSN Name and PSNP forum Avatar. You seem like a really cool guy >:)

I am not going to read everyone's post or see what has been said. So I am just going to gush and say a lot of weird shit probably, bear with me

Yes, you are correct, we are drowning in games. Because of all the sales, physical and digital, and for me at least, I am older and have the income to buy games myself at any time I please, this first world problem presents itself. For example, you can see that countries that have an abundance of food tend to have large rates of obesity. So abundance can cause problems :(

First of all, don't worry about having a "respectable" amount of plats. If you're going to be a completionist, focus on games that you will enjoy, for the content itself and/or the challenge. Your satisfaction will come from having a high completion rate and playing games you want to play DUH.

Now why having a high completion rate matters? Well for me, it's to experience everything a game has to offer and also to be disciplined and see things through is a quality we all admire in ourselves and others. When someone or yourself says they going to do something and see it through, man that's what a man truly is. His balls and his word and his determination lol, Tony Montana-type shit. You want to buy a new car? Well shut up, work for it, and get it done. Want to be more physically fit? Well, you need the discipline! Want to start underwater basket weaving? Well get cracking! Same thing applies to trophy hunting. JUST DO IT.

The only problem is the DLC dilemma, But I am too lazy to talk about that.

I am not going to tell you what you should play, you should be able to decide what you want out of life. But I would recommend a few things. First if you want to have a high completion rate, focus on one or two games at a time. People here are telling you to plat the Witcher 3, Well Witcher 3 is kinda of a long game. So have an easier backup game to fall back on in case you get burnt out. You don't want to get burnt out. This hobby is supposed to be fun, not a job.

Also by the way, for Shadow of Mordor, you can easily get the DLC trophies, except for two that are very difficult. The Test of Valor or the Hunt or something like that. So if you weren't too determined, at the most, you'll be missing only two trophies out of all the ones available for Mordor. I know this is hard to admit, and I have struggled with this, I guess I have OCD or something, but it's okay to have a few trophies missing. Life is not perfect, we are not perfect, and perfection ain't so perfect as we think it is. If you are missing a few trophies, it's fine. For example, I am going to play Uncharted 4, but those two "Crushing" "It" trophies...meh I don't know. If someone out there can get those 2 trophies and I can't well... whoop-dee-do, they can have a cookie on my behalf lol.

Also try to make friends who share your similar ideals(?) I guess. I am a completionist too, we could be friends and motivate each other and/or coop and talk about the trophy hunter completionist thug life, if you want, let me know.

Me, personally? I am focusing on series at a time. I just finished the Soulsborne series, you can see in my profile the sequence I have laid out. Now I am doing God of War series. Afterwards, I am finishing up the Deck 13 Souls-like games, then I will do Nier and Bioshock series. It's fun to play games like these and see the evolution of a series change/evolve.

Good luck, have fun, and just be yourself /light cigar

Edited by TurdFlingingApe
  • Like 3

Project Cars is not achievable anymore for new players. There is a trophy that you need to complete 20 community events, but there is less than that planned until the game is discontinued.

Also, as the other users are saying, you will need to have a refresher game of you get stressed with the one you are playing, Driveclub is great in this regard.

Other than that, I recommend that you do both Metro games one after another. They are so similar with each other that you can complete both as if they were the same game. Same logic and skills are required for both.

Edited by ElBolovo

My list is not as big as yours but here is how I approach it:

I love lists and I adore a good to do list, gives me a sense of purpose and accomplishment when I tick something off it.

Having that in mind, the trophy advisor list on my profile is heaven for me. I usually take off all the DLCs first and leave only the base games, then I choose to filter from the most commons trophies to the rarest ones and start to tick off the trophies from that list while I keep jumping from one game to another, so I don't get bored with only playing one game on and on. 

It doesn't work for everyone this method, some people usually likes playing one game from beginning to end without playing another and etc. But that is the most satisfying way I found to tackle my backlog. Maybe that works for you :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NefariousDreamer said:

@Van-Helsings Fair play buddy. You have some serious discipline! Mind if i add you for when you do venture into the realm of the "4"? :) 

Hopefully i would be able to help you out with some achievements, as and when you need it. 

Yeah man added you.  But im still struggling to find that one perfect trophy to get as my first ever trophy on PS4

When I'm in the right mindset to knock out something on my list or backlog, which is rare... (sadly, lol~) I tend to focus on what can be easily be achieved. Or what I think will be easy to knock off. Like I finally decided to just play and knock out Kitten Squad, not a plat, but something I had on my list and wanted to try at least since it was free. So just did it in a little over 2 hours one day.

So if I were you, I'd do... The Order 1886, I personally loved the game. It's short and the plat is easy. I'd also recommend doing The Walking Dead, a chapter a day. I finally picked it back up after a few years of not playing it for the second time and finally wrapped it up earlier this year and doing about a chapter a day was enough for me. I enjoyed it as well, and it's one of the easiest plats ever just amounts to finishing the game. But it is a lot of story and dialog and not much engagement as a game, so breaking it up while doing something else seems more productive to me.

I like to mix up easy and more involved platinums (especially if there's a grind in one). So I can feel like I'm making progress during a really, really, really tedious grind in another game. It helps to keep earning new trophies, otherwise I burn out faster since there's no tangible progress being made on my profile while I work toward it. But with easier games to spice it up, it makes it more fun for me.

Edited by Elvick_

On my PS3 I played a game until it was at 100% before moving onto the next and quite honestly it not only became completely boring but it also felt like more of a chore than relaxation.

My new approach on the PS4 is to ensure I have a few games on the go at once from different genres. I might be in the mood for an MMO with FF14 or just a quick blast on a SHMUP with Astebreed, some humour from South Park, adrenaline racing from Wipeout, story driven game with The Last of Us, Unravel with my daughter, Friday the 13th with friends etc etc.

I do want to keep this number manageable however, if you leave a game for too long it can be hard to return to (as was my experience with Borderlands 2) so I'd try to keep ongoing games to under 10 if possible.

As mentioned by others here it's always handy to get the online part of a game out the way first but other than that try to keep a nice balance of games on the go from different genres and difficulties.

I usually go for the short and easy ones first if planning to go for the platinum trophy. So from your list, I would go with as they take <20 hours are

1-4: All four of the Uncharted games

5. The Walking Dead

6. Rime

7.  The Order: 1886

8. Infamous SS

9. Infamous FL

10. Dishonoured (either of them)

11-13.  The three Wolfenstein games

I've got the plat in FFX-2 and FFXV from your list. X-2 took 80 hours and XV took exactly 51 hours, both easy but long and grindy with a ton of side questing.

Long and hard to completionist/ plat and what I'd recommend saving for the bottom of the pile (especially if you plan on playing all of the games and want to clear as many as you can in an effective manner are Persona 5 (90+ hours), FFX (150+ Hours), Dark Souls (very hard game), The Witcher 3 (100+ hours), MGS Phantom pain (150 hours), Destiny (100+ hours), Dragon Age (100 hours), The Elder Scroll V. Skyrim (100+ hours). However, these long ones are all some of the best and highest rated PS4 games. 

Average games that aren't too short but not super long 100 hour games that I'd put in the middle of the pile would be FFXV, X-2, Tomb raider games, Horizon Dawn Zero, both Gravity rush games, Borderlands 2 and ME Andromete.  

Crash Bandicoot is very skill dependent, and Lumo is short but kind of a challenge. Nioh is another fairly long one. 

I'm not too sure about the rest of the games, although Ratchet and Clank is supposed to be an easy one. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, I have a long list and don't know what game to play, so I count all the games I want to play, lets say 50 and then get a number generator and then number it chooses between 1-50 I will play and plat, this helps decision making.

I struggled with the same issue.  So, I decided to put an automated enabler in to place.  It has helped me out a great deal.  For each title I own, I have its various attributes identified (to include, among other things, platform, % complete, whether it has an attainable platinum, difficulty, time estimate, trophy points achievable, online trophies, my $ investment, and my interest level.  I used these data items to generate a priority function that ultimately ranks all of my incomplete games in an order from 1..N.

I don't hold myself as a slave to the order of the list (for example, I'm currently playing #18 on my list because it is what I want to play right now), but it has helped so much in advising me what to play.  It's also easy enough to filter that list to get the priority order for PS4 games only, PS3 games only, VITA games only, games in-work, games not yet started, games under 8 hours, etc, etc.

I'd be happy to help get you set up using the same approach if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't love a backlog! Thought mine was bad, but yours makes me feel productive.

Anyway, my recommendations:

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - Brilliant addition to the series. Must play if you like AC.

- Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection - Where it all began. AC 2 is phenomenal, the others are good too.

- Batman: Arkham Knight - I really enjoyed this.

- Borderlands 2 - So much to do, really fun to play through in co-op.

- Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - Self Explanatory.

- Destiny - Get's a lot of hate and I can understand why. But I've found it addictive and the raids are something special to run through.

- Fallout 4 - Self Explanatory.

- GTA V - Self Explanatory.

- Gravity Rush - Really creative game, give this a go.

- MGSV: The Phantom Pain - Strong game for the most part. Lengthy plat but a fun one,

- Table Top Racing: World Tour - Really fun game. Quick one to knock off your backlog.

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Really enjoyed it myself, very polished game. So much depth and playability.

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Not far through this myself, but high ratings everywhere.

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Self Explanatory.

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Self Explanatory.

- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Self Explanatory.

- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Self Explanatory.

- Watch Dogs 2 - Really loved the atmosphere of this game. Gameplay is fine, but the ambience/soundtrack are killer.

• 2 months later...