What are you reading?

Rankineer

I'm currently reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. So far it's beautifully written and powerful with a mythic backdrop; so it's like a Neil Gaiman story is what I'm getting at.

On the audiobook front I got Loamhedge by Brian Jacques going for when a game gets a bit too grindy and I need additional distraction.

The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series (Book Three: Change)

9781616555658.jpg

Excellent value, as always. Do wish they'd put a bit more in-universe backstory as they did with the Avatar and the first Korra artbooks, but still.

dlugi_mars.jpg

not so funny (to be blunt, they not funny at all) like other books from Pratchett, but... interesting. it miss this... spark, which makes those books (Long Mars is last from trilogy) just interesting. i bought them beacuse im fan of Terry and i want almost all of his books. i recommend to read, but dont buy, just borrow. its "one read book" - not like other books from Terry Pratchett.

Edited by A_KlR_A

Just finished Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch. Compared to the first two book in his Gentlemen Bastards series I felt it was a bit of a disappointment.

not so funny (to be blunt, they not funny at all) like other books from Pratchett, but... interesting. it miss this... spark, which makes those books (Long Mars is last from trilogy) just interesting. i bought them beacuse im fan of Terry and i want almost all of his books. i recommend to read, but dont buy, just borrow. its "one read book" - not like other books from Terry Pratchett.

It's good to hear that The Long Mars is worth at least one read, I can't imagine a Pratchett book I wouldn't like. I'm doing The Last Continent by him right now and it's really funny.

0099458322.01._SY200_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

My love of Murakami's books continues to grow. Strange and beautiful all in one lovely, bizarre package. And a man who can converse with cats. WITH CATS! A MAN CONVERSING WITH CATS!! If this doesn't make you want to read it then you might as well just give up on books now, go into a dark room and wait for death.

Edited by AndyLish79
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9780785154174.jpg

The only Ultimate book still worth it. Even though I possess every single TPB ever released in the Ultimate Universe, the quality's been slowly (and not so slowly) going downhill on all titles except for this one (and its previous incarnations/predecessors).

It recently ended as a result of Battleworld. On the one hand, I'm sad to see a title that's been handled magnificently go away just because of Marvel's undying thirst for large scale crossover events. On the other, I'm glad that it did reach a conclusion - first, because every story needs an ending; second, because otherwise, it'd keep going forever and eventually change writer and lose steam, same as all other Marvel titles.

And to think it's been handled by the same author for 15 years, which is (virtually?) unheard of in Marvel history.

I'm re-reasons 'House of Chains' which is book 4 in The Malazan Book of the Fallen. One of my two favorite series by an amazing author named Stephen Erikson. It's a 10 book series in a world dreamed up by Erikson and his college roommate Isn C Esslemont, who also rights books set in the same world that complement the main series. It's the definition of epic fantasy. A rich, deep world, extremely well developed characters and a diverse magic system. There are lots of important characters and each book might have 5-6 "main" participants, but these vary widely from book to book.

I strongly recommend this series to anyone interested in the fantasy genre.

The first book is called 'Gardens of the Moon'