What are you reading?

Rankineer

Working through Ready Player One, and on breaks from that I'm reading Princess of Wands by John Ringo. It's about a bunch of people from different religions who are in a foundation that fights demons and the occult all over the States. It's pretty good actuslly, didn't know what it was about when I picked it up. I have read another series by Ringo that I really enjoyed so just grabbed this off the library shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently reading A Dance with Dragons. I like it, as I did with A Feast for Crows, but I must admit that I find the first three books of the series even better. They were filled with action, plot twists, weddings going sour here and there. With the fourth and the fifth the pace is slower, it's not about understanding the Seven Kingdoms as a whole (with a peek into the throne and the North), but individual kingdoms of the realm. So there has to be loads of explanations again. And it was quite dull to read the entire fourth book without even the slightest visit to Jon's or Daenerys' perspectives. All in all I love the universe of the series, and I still find AFFC and ADWD to be very good books.

51KmX0tdoZL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is last book on the series then he has a 2nd series set a few centuries later I'm gonna start even though hes only 2 books in. This author is more of an amateur and it reads like its target audience was more for junior high but its not terrible, just "ok". I've read better books. (kindle)

51%2Bft8eg88L._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

Barely started this but I have much higher hopes. Its a bit more realistic and less fantasy. (kindle)

Also have the art of war, rhetoric (kindle) and dostoyevsky "the brothers" started (book). 

514xLAgUAuL._SX277_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have a newfound interest in Tarkin as a character because of this book. Love the fact they go in to the relationship between Vader and Tarkin, so you can understand why Tarkin was able to order Vader in A New Hope. Not to mention how much detail is in this book, it's a pretty fun read for a Star Wars fan.

The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde.

Funny book, I'd recommend it if you're into comedy and the detective genre. Sadly I haven't read The Big Over Easy (previous book in the series) yet.

Finally got around to picking up The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde of course.

6628.jpg

Really liking this one so far too, some of the references that were in the second one are starting to make a little more sense now (you could still read the second one prior to this one if you wanted though). Still recommend this to anyone into comedy, detective stuff, or hell even if you're a big fan of nursery rhymes. If you're someone that liked The Wolf Among Us then you'll probably like this. Similar premise, though far less gritty than TWAU, the mystery in these books are also far more interesting. :)