What are you reading?

Rankineer

• 2 weeks later...

After having had to focus on lecture books etc, I finally finished up Chronicles of Corum not too long ago! :)

The book(s) were just as expected. Fast paced, sword n sorcery, not all that complicated, just enjoyable to read, enough happening and easy to pick to keep reading in short bursts. It wasn't as good as the first part, but still pretty good. Some parts of the story is definitely better than other parts, the ending wraps up all the lose threads, except for the ending somehow combining really ending the story with wanting there to be more. Lucky for me, I got the following book, which is part of the same multiverse:

51jXyMkJlML._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Basically 4 books, but the books are split into smaller books, usually 3. I doubt I'd be very happy about reading them out of order. This is all of it collected into one book. I've just read like 50 pages now, and barely into the second small book, and while I know who the Eternal Champion from these stories is, I've not been introduced to him before now. The first little book was about two other characters and setting up the world and some of the overarching plot. Unlike most of the other books in this multiverse, this one takes place in a world not too different from the one we live in. So far the books mainly focus on Europe, and countries and cities got either the same or similar name. In this story, Great Britain, they're called something else, but similar in the books, is trying to take over the world. And they're doing it in the most gruesome ways. So far they're succeeding. I can't really go too deep into the plot without spoiling a lot, but I've been introduced to some few characters. I'm not sure about their relevance yet. I do know one of them is the eternal champion, and he's lead a rather successful rebellion, which the Great Britain barely was able to set a stop to. And one of those in control in Great Britain wants to use him to take revenge on this one person who protect a certain place, which would be to destroy the place the person protect, but also use this person to advice, negotiate, tactics, knowledge etc, and take this person's daughter as wife. So we'll see what will happen. :o I know the Runestaff is a legendary item of some kind of power. :P

Also, I'm currently listening to the audio book Infidel read by the author Ayaan Hirsi Ali, which is 14 discs, and I'm at like disc 12 or something atm. Pretty interesting.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished:

Andrzej_Sapkowski_-_The_Last_Wish.jpg

Never really played The Witcher games so I'm new to the universe and this books is probably the best introduction to it. It's a collection of short stories made in to a pretty good book. Had fun throughout reading it. I intend to read all the books before starting to play the games.

Currently reading:

9780099518471.jpg

I've had the book for about 6 years now and every time I started reading the first two chapters, I was discouraged as the words and descriptions in general were hard to comprehend for me as I'm not a native English speaker. This time I decided to push through it and I'm at chapter 7 and it gets pretty easier, despite still having some hard words for me to understand.

• Like 2

Reading? I wish. I have a condition called "Visual Snow" that makes reading books difficult because the words are so small and are all cramped together and the "Snow" makes it very difficult to see the words. The last book i tried to read was "Mr. Mercedes" by Stephen King.

Edited by maneceel96