What are you reading?

Rankineer

Just finished volume 2 of A Silent Voice (a manga) - Really good. Gotta pick up the other 5 at some point.

Also, starting Hollow City, the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, hopefully it's as good as the first, then I gotta pick up the 3rd and final book too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished A Song for No Man's Land. Good, but not as self contained as I would have liked. Right when the story felt like it was really get going it was over, so I guess I will eventually pick up the next book.

About to start:

lXhzx7G.jpg

Dark Night: A True Batman Story.

dark-night-true-batman-story-novel-paul-

It's kind of an autobiography made into a graphic novel of Paul Dini, the guy who I think writes the best Batman stories, and he also wrote the story for the Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games. It tells a story about how Batman helped him recover from a really dark period of his life. Really enlightening and uplifting, though it can get very depressing in the middle section. A must read for all Batman fans, or if you love the Arkham games, you won't want to miss this book.

Just finished John Irving's A Widow for One Year, which was a great book. My first experience with Irving, and I have already ordered The World According to Garp and Hotel New Hampshire. I also read through Joel Dicker's The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, which I did not like that much. At first I thought that there might've been something wrong about the Norwegian translation, but after reading some reviews on goodreads and Amazon I realized that people reading it in English and Spanish also felt the same (it was written in French, as Dicker is Swiss). The dialogue just felt weird, quite sit-com-like at times, with, for example.  the Jewish mother always complaining about no daughter-in-law in about every conversation, no matter the topic the conversation started from. And there were perhaps a bit too many red herrings in the end? This isn't necessarily a bad book, but I'm just so disappointed considering the widespread acclaim the book received - I had expected, well, a better book. 

I'm also waiting for Shutter Island (Dennis Lehane) and 2666 (Roberto Bolaño). So many books and so little time.

• 2 weeks later...

Mistborn : Secret Histories by Brandon Sanderson. It's an addendum to the main Mistborn trilogy.

I recently finished Calamity by the same author. It's the 3rd book in The Reckoned trilogy, about normal people developing super powers. The series is technically young adult fiction and is really good.

• Like 1