Rankineer

What are you reading?

1,025 posts in this topic

So I finished The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born and Annihilation a while back. I have read The Gunslinger Born a couple of times and it is just as good of a read the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time as it was the first. Amazing art and companion read to the regular series.

Annihilation, must be said, is one of the best books I have read this year. Super spooky, very original piece.

I read Southern Bastards Book One the other week. Really felt like the South. So good.

Ev6Opby.jpg

I also just finished The Rithmatist, super good YA and Brandon Sanderson really nails the magic system. 

IE6S4Uq.jpg

I am about to start Dracula The Un-Dead for Halloween.

RxMwKMi.jpg

I'm reading a non-fictional book called "The Glass Castle" for my college class assignment. 

Reading this on and off:                                                  And this for a relaxing read (the original, not the remake :spank: ):

2b572f3ec3262ca42750cb1e0ca8a47c.jpg             X-Men-X-Tinction-Agenda-TPB-1992-Marvel-

The Deed of Paksenarrion, which is the story of how the main character goes from being the daughter of a sheepfarmer who runs away from home to escape an arranged marriage, to being a private in a company of honorable mercenaries, to being a full-fledged paladin who helps a kingdom find their lost king. The fun part is that in this world, paladins are usually trained and chosen from candidate pools drawn from knightly and religious orders, where the candidate is presented at a vigil and the patron god grants the powers of a paladin there. For some reason though, it seems like some unknown god looked down one day and said, "Yeah, you're a paladin" to some random sheepfarmer's daughter born in the middle of nowhere. So during her mercenary career, she starts exhibiting the powers normally allotted to a paladin, then when these little incidents get brought to light to people that have an understanding of what's going on but just don't understand why it's happening that way, these people are saying "Um hmm..." and exchanging knowing looks to each other while the main character is understandably confused. The whole book is her basically Forrest Gumping her way into being a renowned hero, although the story is far less comedic than it sounds.

Sapkowski_TowerofSwallows-TP.jpg

I did not play any of the games, but if they are as remotely good as the books, they are definitely worth the time!

Just finished:

22308067.jpg?w=500

Old School Trek book. B)

And just started:

Last_Train_from_Perdition_by_Robert_McCa

:)

Gustave Le Bon - The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind (1895)

If you wanna know why you're doing what you're doing, go and check this highly influential book. Fuck your fantasy bullshit and educate yourself.

thecrowsruamj.png

Figure by the time I'm done with books 1 and 2 I'll be able to get my hands on the third entry.

dawning.jpg

And now back to one of my favorite literature sagas:

8ba70d23b1048dfc1875a959969b24ba.jpg

The 26th book of the Legend of Drizzt Do'Urden series. Which I do recommend for any and all fans of this literary genre.

1200x630bf.jpg

I don't usually read books by Youtubers but I think Hannah Hart is awesome. :D

harry potter and the cursed child, i'm only at the beginning though

ready_player_one_cover-image1.jpg

Dystopian Sci-Fi...has heavy VR MMORPG gaming technology as the theme...along with the 80s retro gaming/movie/book motif. Very well written and highly recommended. Rumor has it that Spielberg is going to direct the movie adaptation. 

200px-The_Day_of_the_Tempest_1.jpg and then I'll move on to 92876.jpg

Then these.

5128AQQP2ML.jpg51PYGTP3QGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51YXJ7B19WL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And since I bought the last 3 books I needed...these.

51ju53mUu9L._SX292_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg515f3FT4w9L._AC_UL320_SR194,320_.jpg51Pw4G-aRML._SX299_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg699122.jpg

Weaveworld by Clive Barker. Loved his other book Imajica, so far loving this as well.

15700467.jpg

Anna dressed in blood - halfway through it, not too bad! Nice to actually have a lead guy for once!

Weaveworld by Clive Barker. Loved his other book Imajica, so far loving this as well.

15700467.jpg

Try The Great and Secret Show next.

Lord of the Flies - William Golding

f86a60c28e03f475b7e6ea74f4ac0f10.jpg

R.A. Salvatore's The Companions

515jwovI15L._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The 27th book of Drizzt Do'Urden's Saga is being surprising every new chapter.