What are you reading?

Rankineer

The last book I read all the way through was The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. One of those books that keeps you reading, I really liked how he progressed the story and such, though it bothers me that *some* of the characters in the end seemed to have fallen from the face of the earth, but maybe not having closure in its entirety is a good thing? Hm. Anyway, I really liked it. I've since picked up a couple more of Murakami's books, I started reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, but I put it down for a while (partly due to my copy getting messed up eh) in exchange for starting Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimmage (which I'm enjoying more than 'Hard-Boiled' anyway). I'm enjoying it. Going to try collecting all of his books (I'm partway there) and reading them when I have free time, I really do enjoy his writing. 

Also picked up The Sympathizer  by Viet Thanh Nguyen. Hoping to read it soon, it sounds interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wayward Pines Trilogy

waywardpines_zpsgsm3tq1p.jpg

I started reading a ton using the Kindle app and the price started to hit me. So, the deals page has really been my best friend. This has thankfully introduced me to the Wayward Pines trilogy. I ripped through the first two books and hopefully the third is just as good. Haven't decided if I'm gonna check out the show based on the books, never really sure about adaptations.

p.s. @hugglebunn-e love the Broodhollow avatar and sig.

27 minutes ago, Rach said:

Just been to the library to pick up my next months worth of reading

Animal Farm by George Orwell (I have read this before but it was some years ago)

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Slaugterhouse 5 is a great book

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 3:25 PM, RachP13 said:

Just been to the library to pick up my next months worth of reading

Animal Farm by George Orwell (I have read this before but it was some years ago)

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Vonnegut is one of my favorites.  If you like Slaughterhouse you should give Cat's Cradle a read, it's really good.  

On 4/18/2017 at 3:11 PM, marvelboy10 said:

You should read Steinbeck's East of Eden.  It's a real good read. 

Final Fantasy XIII-2 -Fragments After-.

It's a pain in the ass to read it on my phone since the book wasn't released worldwide and thus I have to read an unofficial translation online but still, it covers everything I wanted to know in Fragments Before so... I won't complain. 

1 minute ago, Aya Saibara said:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 -Fragments After-.

It's a pain in the ass to read it on my phone since the book wasn't released worldwide and thus I have to read an unofficial translation online but still, it covers everything I wanted to know in Fragments Before so... I won't complain. 

Thats the only reason i have a big phone lol i download the epub version of a book and after finishing them i go and buy them when i have the chance. i would be ruined if i bought them first. its not the best of practices...and i always buy them afterwards

2 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

Thats the only reason i have a big phone lol i download the epub version of a book and after finishing them i go and buy them when i have the chance. i would be ruined if i bought them first. its not the best of practices...and i always buy them afterwards

I HATE reading on screens, there's nothing better than the feeling of the sheets of a book ♡

But I kinda understand what you mean. Unfortunately, I always buy books when the cover looks good to me and in most cases, I end up disappointed haha. 

• Like 1

For anyone who may be interested: In my interweb travels, I stumbled upon a site that allows the free downloading of public domain media, including retro computer games, e-books, audiobooks, podcasts, etc. The site is Archive.org. The Librivox audiobook section is enough to die for if you are interested in classic (I'm not talking 1980 classic...more like 1920-1950 classic) Sci-Fi authors. I've found a TON of stories that were originally released in magazines that you'll never find in the real world recreated into audiofiles free for downloading. 

For those of you with i-Pods, you just have to click the Librivox Apple Audiobook link and it will shoot it right to your i-Tunes...no fuss...no muss...no messy cleanup on aisle 3. 

They also have a section where you can d/l newer copywrite-still-active books (limit 5 at a time) just like a regular library, once again free of charge.

Check it out if you are interested...and happy reading!