What are you reading?

Rankineer

WceGgDUNlCA8RPHOz66AbHHs4RI12Vqg+OoBRGBr

Yeah okay, it's aimed at young teens but hey, so is Harry Potter and people love that lol

Since there's a new season of Warriors and they've released a new series called Bravelands, I'm reading through all their books for the ultimate catch up. Still have 5 special editions, 4 series, all the novellas and all the manga for Warriors and all of the books for Seekers and Survivors to go. Yay.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:03 AM, Hampy64 said:

9780451459879.jpg

Book number 6 in Jim Butcher's "The Dresdan Files". Great series so far. Apparently the 11th onwards books get good beyond belief. 

I'll get there one day lol

Yes. Yes they indeed do get reeeeeeal good. ?  I just pre-ordered the second short story collection that's coming out this June.

511aaq++PcL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oh...just finished the Akira manga.

51KCpbzSPwL._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is from the guy that wrote most of the lore for Destiny 1 Grimoire.

The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson

“Dickinson’s debut, the start of a trilogy set in an impressively well-crafted fantasy world, is assured and impressive….Readers will share every one of Baru’s strong, suppressed emotions. Dickinson’s worldbuilding is ambitious and his language deviously subtle; both are seductive in their complexity. He combines social engineering, economic trickery, and coldhearted pseudoscientific theories to weave a compelling, utterly surprising narrative that keeps readers guessing until the end.” –Publishers Weekly (starred review)

https://www.amazon.com/Traitor-Baru-Cormorant-Masquerade/dp/0765380730/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524248312&sr=8-3&keywords=the+traitor+baru

On 06/02/2018 at 0:06 PM, PSXtreme_ said:

When you are done with that...try this one...

Thanks for the recommend....added to my wishlist....just finished up a few and my stash is starting to run low and its stressing me out ?

I recently read:

51EdpDalwtL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg   51XoLNr3v4L._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Dark Matter was the fastest I've read a book in a while....couldn't put it down

The One was more of a slow burner initially, but hooked me right in once it started getting dark and twisted

and literally just started on:

9780670919963.jpg

Only a few pages into this but I'm getting a good vibe and think I'll enjoy

Edited by brownskin81
typo
  • Like 1

Image result for empire of man series

Have just worked thru the 1st 3 books in the series....currently reading the last one (We Few) and will be finished by Friday. EXCELLENT series...Ready for Prime Time Television and a much better Space Opera Story than Star Wars EVER was...

HIGHLY recommended!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Image result for empire of man series

Have just worked thru the 1st 3 books in the series....currently reading the last one (We Few) and will be finished by Friday. EXCELLENT series...Ready for Prime Time Television and a much better Space Opera Story than Star Wars EVER was...

HIGHLY recommended!!!!

DAMN!!! Boys I love this art *_*!

I am reading....this! I enjoy reading the romans :) After this i'll go back to reading Seneca.

7a041728aaa76818798ac9a697371b76--stack-

• Like 2

Hitler: Volume I: Ascent 1889–1939 by Volker Ulrich

510jZPxKZ6L.jpg

A really interesting read, which gives you new insights about the political figure of Hitler, his rise to power and his methods of leadership. The author is given you a lot of details about Hitler's life from his childhood to the eve of the Second World War against the politics of the times, and manages therefore to unveil the man behind the public persona.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valinor90 said:

Hitler: Volume I: Ascent 1889–1939 by Volker Ulrich

510jZPxKZ6L.jpg

A really interesting read, which gives you new insights about the political figure of Hitler, his rise to power and his methods of leadership. The author is given you a lot of details about Hitler's life from his childhood to the eve of the Second World War against the politics of the times, and manages therefore to unveil the man behind the public persona.

I just read this and it's one of the best biographies I have read. I can't wait for the sequel. Ullrich covers every aspect of Hitler's life and dispels many myths. I agree with him that to just call Hitler a monster is an easy out. There were reasons why he gained absolute power and we need to understand how and why it happened. My favorite quote in the book is that Hitler gave "legitimacy to lying," which reminds me of a world leader who uses Twitter these days...

• Like 1

I'm currently reading Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King. Reading every book by him. Starting with his short story novels then I'll be moving on to his real novels afterward.

I'll be reading Funhouse by Stacey Marriott after that. I read her first two books and they were fantastic. She's an indie/self-published author. Check her out! (Her books are really cheap (0.99-3.99) but are only in E-Book format only)

So i've been using Thriftbooks to get books way cheaper (this is for paperback/hardback readers). Yes they are used but all but one (I bought it in acceptable condition and it was the only bad acceptable book i've ever gotten. The rest of the 50+ novels ive bought from the site have been in basically like-new condition) as stated in parenthesis was not in great condition. 

But I have a 15% off coupon for anyone wanting to get books cheaper and figured I'd share it here. Not only will it give you 15% off it'll send me one as well :)

Coupon Code:

D834EA481

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Secret World of Oil by Ken Silverstein

41SUfl0vHGL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Really interesting look behind the scenes of one of the world's most crucial industry. Silverstein also investigates traders, fixers, American law firms, lobbyists and PR agencies that protect and whitewash the petroleum dictatorships. Especially when he gets these normally secretive people to talk open, you as a reader realize how shady these trading processes really are. 

• Like 2