What are you reading?

Rankineer

IMG-2391.jpg

First published in 1920. It's an anthology that follows a reincarnation theme of several recurring souls across different civilisations of eras past. The prose is pretty, the details are surprisingly on point to the cultures of those times (it's impressive when you mind that there was no internet back then for research) and the author has a good grasp on metaphysics and ritualistic mythology.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey

Any Wattpad readers on here? I've got something I'd love to share with you. 

So there's this talented friend of mine, whom with honor, I call one of the greatest individuals at what he does. His stories are nothing short of works of art. The little details in them are well-crafted. The tone used, aspects that parallel the theme of each story, and not to mention, the cover art. 

He recently published his first book:

Tymm0R9.png

https://www.wattpad.com/1177860955-bridging-the-gap-a-note-from-the-author 

His Profile:

kTB4eAv.png

https://www.wattpad.com/user/lordslyyy

Other stories:

uugL592.png

3AT7EKU.png

Ud7PgCA.png

Below is by far my favourite, because it just happens to resonate so well with every bit of my living entity. The cover art is a masterpiece too.

Qdmzlnq.png

https://www.wattpad.com/1213929681-''-c-o-m-e-d-o-w-n-''

Please take some time and check out his work. He'd also appreciate it if you leave a comment. You may follow him as well!  

• 1 month later...

OVERLORD ( Light Novell by Kugane Maryama )

If anyone is a fan of Fantasy & MMO's and love Villain protagonists like i do than you will love this novell to the maximum! This is hands down the best Novell i have ever read.

517QMiCGKtL.jpg

Edited by Arzoden
  • Like 1

Currently making my way through the The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Right now on book three, The Wastelands.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, torchicgal said:

Currently re-reading Firestarter by Stephen King. I read it in middle school and really enjoyed it, and there's an upcoming movie coming out (a remake, obvi) that I'm really hoping is faithful to the book.

12376078-L.jpg

As a S.K. fan I was looking forward to checking out the Firestarter remake, a lot of the reviews though were downing it pretty bad and saying that unfortunately, it isn't that faithful to the book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There has been an increase in expressed interest for a dedicated space for readers. There have been a few Lets Reads or other community events, but like any event they have a duration before they are buried topics. I hope to see this more as a continuing conversation about what we are reading and maybe we can get some good recommendations along the way. 

For me, Reading has been a pastime since I was in Highschool. I found The Hobbit in the school library and after that it was Zahn's Thrawn trilogy and the DragonLance series. I have had highs and lows in my reading but usually get atleast 20 books a year. One year, I completed the 100 book challenge for Library Thing. Most years, it is never that much, especially in most recent years where I game more. But now I want to find more balance and read more along with other hobbies. 

This place isnt just for me it is for all readers and all genres. The books do not need to be gaming related, although there are some really good ones out there. It can be any type of book, including graphic novels, even though some people cringe at the concept. I only ask no VN's since they are a game. Those can be discussed on the appropriate page. 

So for my last read it was

Slaying the Dragon: A Secret History of…

I have been playing this game for many years. I sort if knew how the events took place, but I did not really understand just how much the company was mismanaged into the ground. Started by gamers, who got rich quick but got greedy but also did not know how to run a company. Turned over then to a woman who knew sort of how to run a business but was more interested in her own ventures and not what the customer wanted. Add in then a toxic work culture, and too much debt and you have a disaster in the making. I am glad Wizard gave the franchise a second life even if people hated 4th edition. An amusing read and for a business BA a study in how a successful company can fail. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Allstory_noplat said:

I hope to see this more as a continuing conversation about what we are reading

There is one thread like that in the Media Room section. You didn't mention it here, so I assume you didn't know about it. Not that it's hard to miss, it's half-dead ?.

25 minutes ago, Slava said:

There is one thread like that in the Media Room section. You didn't mention it here, so I assume you didn't know about it. Not that it's hard to miss, it's half-dead 1f601.png.

I thought I knew all the reading threads. Although that seems to be no conversation involved, from what I read in the last few pages. so I am hoping to make this a bit better. 

• 1 month later...