Rankineer

What are you reading?

921 posts in this topic

book.jpg

The Night Stalker - Phillip Carlo

Such a damn good book! A definite recommend. Dark, disturbing, heart felt, and much more. It's a story that's not only horrifying however emotional as well.

Novel_Paperback_Cover.jpg

I'm normally not really a fan of reading but this really interests me since I love the game :)

I'm currently reading this (big fan of Twilight):

600full-twilight-twilight-book-1-1.jpg

Finished the all saga and decided to read everything again! After finish it, will start the new book that J.K. Rowling made " The Casual Vacancy"!

I´m a fan of Harry Potter as well, and like I read the 7 books of it, decided to give a try to this one.

I'm normally not really a fan of reading but this really interests me since I love the game :)

I was actually thinking of picking up that book however I was wondering, do I need to have played Bioshock in order to enjoy Rapture? I planned on playing Bioshock when I pick up Infinite but as for now, would you recommend it? I've played Bioshock 2 if that helps?

WTF THERE'S A BOOK?! I'M A HUGE FAN OF THE SERIES BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE! I must get this!

I was actually thinking of picking up that book however I was wondering, do I need to have played Bioshock in order to enjoy Rapture? I planned on playing Bioshock when I pick up Infinite but as for now, would you recommend it? I've played Bioshock 2 if that helps?

The book is about what happens before the first game, so I think it's a good idea to first read the book and then play the first Bioshock game.

tumblr_inline_mizxhkWtCB1qz4rgp.jpg

took a brief break from reading this but started it back up the other day :wub:

NoEasyDayCoverArt.jpg

Very cool book. It has a lot of insight on some of the missions I've heard of, but never knew much about.

tumblr_inline_mizxhkWtCB1qz4rgp.jpg

took a brief break from reading this but started it back up the other day :wub:

Would you recommend the The Girl With The Dragon's Tattoo? I've never seen the movie but that it looked interesting, or should I just skip it and watch the movie?

Would you recommend the The Girl With The Dragon's Tattoo? I've never seen the movie but that it looked interesting, or should I just skip it and watch the movie?

I definitely suggest reading it prior to seeing the movie (depending on which version of the film you will be watching, there is a Swedish & Hollywood/American version). It is a bit of a slow read in the beginning but picks up the pace quickly.  The ending in the Hollywood film adaption is different. Like the twist is more drawn out in the book than the movie. Hope that makes sense.

I just started reading Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

Not one of his legal thrillers, but it is a very good read.

I really am digging Cloud Atlas. I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie, and so far I have some crazy high expectations!

Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell. Has been a good read so far, although I prefer her earlier work.

200px-Inkdeathcover.jpg

I'm currently reading Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke. Must admit it isn't as good as Inkheart or Inkspell. Inkspell and Inkdeath have both been disappointing after the masterpiece of a book that was Inkheart.

Bought "The Hobbit" after watching the movie..

But don't spend much time reading, that needs to change :(

Just finished Inkdeath and have moved onto:

9780552564021_m_f.jpg

Proving a more immersive read then Inkdeath, I gotta say.

im currently reading Bloody Confused.

Its a book about a sports writer who gave up on american sports and went to England to fall in love with football.