So I was banned... - The end of a trophy hunter (Crisis Averted!)

ab4h4r4k1

Got home from work, eager to continue playing FF14: ARR when I see the message "Access to Playstation Network by this account has been banned due to violations of the Playstation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement (WS-37368-7)" on my TV screen.

Did I get an e-mail saying why I was banned? No.

Do I know what got me banned? No.

And since I played it fine in the morning, went back to work and in the evening I was banned, how could I even do something to be banned?

If this situation is not solved, this will be the end of my trophy hunting. And by the things I looked in net, it will probably not be solved.

On one hand, it will be good cause I will never worry again about getting or not 100% in any game.

On the other hand, I know I worked hard to get some of those trophies and they will be missed. It was a fake sense of accomplishment, but accomplishment nonetheless.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Is it Perm Ban ? Maybe it's like 7 day ban for like message containing lot's of nasty words ?

My PS4 says its perma ban. My PS VITA says it is suspended or banned. Dont know which one to believe, but right now I'm pretty down by this.

4 minutes ago, Parker said:

Have you contacted Sony for clarification?

Parker

Their costumer service here is only until 10pm, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Still, I am not with high hopes.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

You are the only one that uses your account as well?

Yeah. And since I was working, I have no idea what could have been the problem.

4 minutes ago, Parker said:

Have you contacted Sony for clarification?

Parker

I second this, you will always get farther on the phone than just waiting or wondering. 

I have not heard of many bans from Playstation period, so you either were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or you did something you're not mentioning. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

so you either were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or you did something you're not mentioning.

Like I said, working. So unless one of my students is Sony's CEO son and he did not like today's test review, I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Did you message someone witch some strong language ? Is it your first ban ?

Nope. Today was one of the days that I did not even talk to my friends in FF14:ARR. I just logged in, did my daily quests, daily crafts and logged off to work.

EDIT: And yes, it is my 1st ban.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

6 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Like I said, working. So unless one of my students is Sony's CEO son and he did not like today's test review, I have no idea.

Nope. Today was one of the days that I did not even talk to my friends in FF14:ARR. I just logged in, did my daily quests, daily crafts and logged off to work.

It's not about today. Someone could reported you 2 weeks ago and today you were banned. I called some team killing kid a pussy in the message and got 7 days for that lmao R6SIEGE

Edited by bezdomnekoty
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

It's not about today. Someone could reported you 2 weeks ago and today you were banned. I called some team killing kid a pussy in the message and got 7 days for that lmao R6SIEGE

This ^^^^^

It's not going to be immediate

4 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

It's not about today. Someone could reported you 2 weeks ago and today you were banned.

I only talk to people in FF14 and even there I pay attention to what I write. No "idiots" or something similiar. I worked hard to make my character good, so I will not risk a ban there.

And no messages, no chat group in PS4. I like to focus on what I'm playing.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I got a perma ban once. Stupid Sony took 3 months to process a payment from something I bought on psn. I had closed that account due to fraud in that 3 months. When they decided to finally process the payment, it was denied. Hence the ban. I never got an email about it either. I found out the same way you did. I had to call them. I had to mail them the payment after cordially calling them fuck tards for waiting so long. 

I digress. In the end, obviously, they lifted the ban. So there's hope for you.

That sucks, I was almost in a similar situation but I caught it early. Those situations can be tricky 

10 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Have you had any issues with payments recently, or charged anything back?  Do you use PayPal with your account?

Nope. No paypal, no credit card. I always use the psn cards. Last game I bought for PS4 was Stormblood, and for the Vita Fate Extella.

I found two recent happy endings:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6ly8bj/account_banned_for_no_reason_ws373687_psn_error/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/5m1frh/playstation_4_ban_ws373687_what_it_means/

So, it could take some time but it's not the end of the world. Your best bet is call support by phone as they told you.

Maybe you could give us more details of your last actions in the past month.

• What did you purchase?
  • How did you purchase? web or console store?
  • Exactly when was your last purchase?
  • Where do you get your PSN codes?  in stores or resellers?
  • You didn't manipulate your console firmwares... right?

This situation really sucks, man. Good luck.

Edited by Katt

I can't imagine that'd be a 'nice fresh feeling' for him, Asvinia.. I mean, after spending so much time & money (especially if he bought digital) that's gonna hurt.

I hope they at least give you a proper explanation when you do call/email and it gets sorted quickly if turns out to be a mistake or something. Good luck with this.

• Like 1

Since you mentioned FFXIV, a false-reporting could be possible. People on Overwatch make false reports on players all the time, and I'm pretty sure it's still common in other MP games like Call of Duty. Did you do any PvP and beat a bunch of people? Some kid could have gotten salty or someone mistook you for someone else and reported you and Sony just didn't really look into it that well.

But that's the only thing I can think of outside of payments that others are bringing up, and I'm not too familiar with how that works.

You're going to have to fight Sony with this one. That's all I can say on this matter.

Obviously it's bullshit because after looking at your account I don't see any questionable time stamps or anything that suggests you should be banned over something.

Reminds me when I had to talk to Blizzard after they banned my World of Warcraft account because someone hacked it to gold farm. Took a series of back and forth messages before they finally decided to lift the ban and give me back the account, which I spent hundreds of hours on to develop my characters to getting decent gear and stat progression.

Life isn't fair.

5 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

it's your psn id...very offensive...lifetime ban is no surprise...

That's pretty bullshit to be honest.

I understand someone with a name like ISuckBallz getting banned, because that is an actual part of the human body. Or a name like HispanicHater because that implies racism.

But Ac3Ninja?

I'm pretty certain AceNinja was taken a long time ago. I don't mind names with numbers in them.

Definitely nothing offensive about Ac3Ninja. The ban is probably someone reporting the account on Final Fantasy XIV. It's not uncommon to get reported on in MMOs.