So I was banned... - The end of a trophy hunter (Crisis Averted!)

ab4h4r4k1

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm sorry. Didn't know that was a joke since everyone else was being honest. I guess I can't be honest about someone getting banned. It definitely sucks.

On the internet you meet anyone and everyone.

you can definitely be honest...notice how no one said your reasoning was bull$hit?...to me whether we say it's cuz you had a banana for breakfast, didn't get laid last night, joined an mmo, your dad is a cop it's all just bull$hit hypothesis...ok, so some may sound smarter than others but no one really knows...so I made a joke about this and cut to the chase with the p.s. statement...can't do much without contacting Sony seems to be the concensus here, no? ...definitely sucks and a good chance to learn about possibly abstract Sony laws...hence, keep us updated when you find out...i hate typing on my phone...i thought my original post was a lot better than having to explain all this... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

you can definitely be honest...notice how no one said your reasoning was bull$hit?...to me whether we say it's cuz you had a banana for breakfast, didn't get laid last night, joined an mmo, your dad is a cop it's all just bull$hit hypothesis...so I made a joke and cut to the chase with the p.s. statement...can't do much without contacting Sony seems to be the concensus us here, no? ...definitely sucks and a good chance to learn about possibly abstract Sony laws...hence, keep us updated when you find out...i hate typing on my phone...i thought my original post was a lot better than having to explain all this... 

I don't take sarcasm too well.

Nothing more I can say on this thread. To the TC, good luck. You can always start a new account if things don't go your way.

• Like 3

I would ring Sony and find out, they usually ask for an Email to clarify that you're the owner of the account. 

I've been banned once for an unpaid game I charged back on my Credit Card. I got banned for it, but I got unbanned as soon as I paid for the game again, that was two years ago so It might of changed. Hope I helped. 

Look, I wouldn't wanna lose all my digital games and shit, but if this happened to me and they didn't get back to me with one of the best apologies of all time, I wouldn't be spending a single cent on PlayStation ever again and I'd be jumping over full time to Xbox and Switch.

Sincerely hope this gets resolved for you, shit like this is a good justification for the paranoia some people have about digital purchases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

I just hope you bought your stuff physically.

Here is the thing: since I bought FF14: ARR, I barely bought anything new. And my only physical games on the PS4 are Uncharted 4, Tales of Berseria and Persona 5.

7 hours ago, Katt said:

Maybe you could give us more details of your last actions in the past month.

1- What did you purchase?

2- How did you purchase? web or console store?

3- Exactly when was your last purchase?

4- Where do you get your PSN codes?  in stores or resellers?

5- You didn't manipulate your console firmwares... right?

1 and 2: Fate Extella, on the Vita PS Store.

3: Excluding the PS+ games, it was Fate Extella on October 13 and Ys Origins on August 3, both for Vita. And before that, Stormblood on June 23. I have all the emails from everythng I bought.

4- I buy them at stores, then input them using the PS4 PS store.

5- No. I always feared this kind of thing would leave me with a very expensive brick. And since I can just buy the games I want, there is really no need to do this.

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Since you mentioned FFXIV, a false-reporting could be possible. People on Overwatch make false reports on players all the time, and I'm pretty sure it's still common in other MP games like Call of Duty. Did you do any PvP and beat a bunch of people? Some kid could have gotten salty or someone mistook you for someone else and reported you and Sony just didn't really look into it that well.

I began PvP very recently and I am bad at it. I have more losses than victories. And I  keep my thoughts to myself, even in the most absurd situations.

7 hours ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

I can't imagine that'd be a 'nice fresh feeling' for him

You are right. If it is indeed a perma ban, there will be no coming back for me. I will sell my PS4 and get a PC gamer (already looking into it). Good thing my PS+ subscription would expire in January and that I did not spend too much since June.

Anyway, I have to wait until 12pm to call Costumer Service here. And I dont know if this account will still be here by the time I call them - when it auto synch with the PSN server, while this ban is in effect, I may be "banned" here as well.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

58 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Here is the thing: since I bought FF14: ARR, I barely bought anything new. And my only physical games on the PS4 are Uncharted 4, Tales of Berseria and Persona 5.

1 and 2: Fate Extella, on the Vita PS Store.

3: Excluding the PS+ games, it was Fate Extella on October 13 and Ys Origins on August 3, both for Vita. And before that, Stormblood on June 23. I have all the emails from everythng I bought.

4- I buy them at stores, then input them using the PS4 PS store.

5- No. I always feared this kind of thing would leave me with a very expensive brick. And since I can just buy the games I want, there is really no need to do this.

I began PvP very recently and I am bad at it. I have more losses than victories. And I  keep my thoughts to myself, even in the most absurd situations.

You are right. If it is indeed a perma ban, there will be no coming back for me. I will sell my PS4 and get a PC gamer (already looking into it). Good thing my PS+ subscription would expire in January and that I did not spend too much since June.

Anyway, I have to wait until 12pm to call Costumer Service here. And I dont know if this account will still be here by the time I call them - when it auto synch with the PSN server, while this ban is in effect, I may be "banned" here as well.

This is why you buy most of your games physically.Only buy digitally only games digitally.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Seems to be that your account somehow got into debt. How that happens if you only use prepaid cards, i do not know though...

PS: took me about 5 seconds on google to find this...

Which is what I said in my post. Debt.

6 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

it's your psn id...very offensive...lifetime ban is no surprise...

p.s. definitely worth making the phone call...plz update us with your status when you find out what's going on...supercurious here...

As a fellow sarcasm and irony user, I did understand the joke and chuckled ?

Best of luck to you dude, hope you get your account back if you didn't do anything bad, specially since your games are almost all digital (and they call me paranoid for buying physical copies...)

Edited by HardXDXtraga
internet thinks it's being funny
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

This is so cruel. You are one trophy away from getting the FFXIV Plat. Then this happens to you. FUCK!

Wouldn't it have been more cruel to ban him after getting the FFXIV plat? :awesome:

I hope you'll be back on your feet soon, @ab4h4r4k1. Just keep contacting those vacuous rapscallions!!!

Online games can get you banned for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Let's say you queue for a dungeon in FF XIV and some dude on your party uses some kind of cheat that you don't know of, everyone in the party acn get banned for it because they can take it as if you were with that guu on purpose.

Its extremelly stupid but it has happened to trophy hunters before. They would go into a room with a hacker popping trophies that would count for everyone so they would all end up banned for it.

Either that or, as it is usual with a lot of people who are banned "for no reason", you are not telling the whole story.

52 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Status update: after talking to Sony's Support Center, it seems my account was banned for security reasons. Guy said that in 24 hours I will receive an e-mail to redefine my password and all will be normal again. Now I have to wait and see if I will stay Sony - which I have been since the PS1 in 1997 - or if I will join the PC side of gaming.

Thanks for the attention, support, doubts and jokes. I will let you know the end of this, hopefully soon and for the best.

Glad to hear! 

I'm mad curious what they considered security reasons? Like they thought someone else was using your ps account? Like what credit cards do if they have a doubt? 

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend 2-step verification, if anything ever gives me a choice I use it. 

Stay Playstation! >< lol

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Status update: after talking to Sony's Support Center, it seems my account was banned for security reasons. Guy said that in 24 hours I will receive an e-mail to redefine my password and all will be normal again. Now I have to wait and see if I will stay Sony - which I have been since the PS1 in 1997 - or if I will join the PC side of gaming.

Thanks for the attention, support, doubts and jokes. I will let you know the end of this, hopefully soon and for the best.

6 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Glad to hear! 

I'm mad curious what they considered security reasons? Like they thought someone else was using your ps account? Like what credit cards do if they have a doubt? 

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend 2-step verification, if anything ever gives me a choice I use it. 

Stay Playstation! >< lol

Could be someone tried to get into your account by guessing your password, and after a certain number of unsuccessful login attempts they suspend the account so the person trying to get in cant go on... just guessing, though!

5 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Could be someone tried to get into your account by guessing your password, and after a certain number of unsuccessful login attempts they suspend the account so the person trying to get in cant go on... just guessing, though!

Maybe, that's why I use a fresh email address with my PSN account and only with my PSN account.
It's a tip I strongly recommend, and that way avoid hacking attempts.

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Good luck. You can be banned on PSN for the stupidest possible reasons. Sometimes it's not even your fault. Since they started using Akamai's Prolexic services anything can get you banned, specially if you don't have a fixed IP. Sometimes fixed IP is even worse, if you can't get another.

BTW they'll probably lie blatantly over reasons, most probably if it's a dumb move on their side.

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Look, I wouldn't wanna lose all my digital games and shit, but if this happened to me and they didn't get back to me with one of the best apologies of all time, I wouldn't be spending a single cent on PlayStation ever again and I'd be jumping over full time to Xbox and Switch.

Sony apologizing to any PSN user / paying customer is something impossible. Only for public marketing reasons and even then...

Edited by cris3f