So I was banned... - The end of a trophy hunter (Crisis Averted!)

ab4h4r4k1

23 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Dude, even I didn't get it. Thought you were serious and said to myself ah that is a possibility(I didn't know his psnid). 

A lot of emotion is lost in text, so it happens. 

so apparently this is discussion worthy so let's have at it...first off, thanks for not having the instinct of saying this is bull$hit...my life story in this thread: I read the op...follow on a little bit...see people theorizing...no one really knows why the ban...whole bunch of random theories...tc seems like an honest hard-working person...sony CEO's son not liking his test review shows they also have a sense of humour imo (did you guys also take that one seriously?)...my instinct is to say "no way this guy has an offensive id...i like him"...make a joke about it...like you I have no idea what the id even is at this point in time...checking people's profiles and stuff like that really not my thing...now there are two ways to approach this..."this is bull$hit" followed by douchey overanalysis (the emotion is pretty clear in this case, no?) or simply ask "what is offensive about this person's id?" followed by somewhat relevant analysis at this point...do you see the difference?...as I said a joke turned into a drama...and that concludes my douchey overanalysis of a completely irrelevant point to this person's situation...thanks...

edit :  "seen 4 movies today" ...damn, i recommend a comedy...

p.s. I feel bad for your situation...this thread is bump worthy imo...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Status Update: this time, I used the online chat service since I did not get any email and over the phone was not getting me through to any attendant.

My request will take 1-2 days to be finalized. Maybe tomorrow, but most probably on Monday. I hope tomorrow. ?

And yes, it was banned. But more like a "kind of suspension" for security reasons (which I have no idea what they are) according to the attendant.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

On 11/30/2017 at 4:42 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

This - you can be reported long after the actual message you sent.

Back in the heydays of Call of Duty, when you received abusive messages it never made sense to report them right away, as they would likely only get a week long ban.

Instead, you could save them for months, then send the report a couple days before the next CoD was released - that way the agressor would be more likely to be banned at a time most inconvenient to them (and most beneficial to the non-abusive playerbase they would be attacking).

Image result for evilest thing i can imagine

Holy shit, that is terrible but hilarious. That is the exact reason I don't reply to hate mail on PSN, though. If I have to warn or ban people here they will often send me threats or hatemail to my PSN and I've always thought it was to attempt to get a rise out of me so they could then report me to Sony and then get me banned. 

Parker

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

But more like a "kind of suspension" for security reasons (which I have no idea what they are) according to the attendant.

I am going to assume their systems detected a lot of failed log-in attempts.  Apple and others ban accounts for that reason to protect the account too so it wouldn't be unique to Sony.  I have got myself locked out of my Apple account and a few others by forgetting passwords, guessing at them multiple times and being too stubborn to reset them ?  Just seems that Sony are a bit slower at lifting the ban and seem a little less prepared to handle it.  Either that or being in Brazil could be slowing down the process due to being a smaller market.  On top of changing your password and enabling 2 step verification I would change the e-mail linked to your account too.  

I would also check your e-mail at https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Edited by Hayabusa85

5 minutes ago, Parker said:

Image result for evilest thing i can imagine

Holy shit, that is terrible but hilarious. That is the exact reason I don't reply to hate mail on PSN, though. If I have to warn or ban people here they will often send me threats or hatemail to my PSN and I've always thought it was to attempt to get a rise out of me so they could then report me to Sony and then get me banned. 

Parker

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I never respond to any kind of hate speech or agressive messaging and always just block the person immediately - but I saved their messages for the best report time. Takes 2 mins to work out the creep’s favorite franchise and figure out the best report time, then it’s just a quick ‘Hey Siri, set a calendar reminder for X date...’ 

Just my little version of a public service!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Status Update: this time, I used the online chat service since I did not get any email and over the phone was not getting me through to any attendant.

My request will take 1-2 days to be finalized. Maybe tomorrow, but most probably on Monday. I hope tomorrow. 1f610.png

And yes, it was banned. But more like a "kind of suspension" for security reasons (which I have no idea what they are) according to the attendant.

i'm telling you man, terrorism...did you say anything with the word "bomb" in it or "explosive" like "I can't seem to ever get the damn explosive rifle in rdr" or "gta iv is the bomb" or "f**king terrorist" while playing sniper 3...sony has eyes and ears everywhere...tread with caution...

recommendation : Sony customer service can be pretty 50/50...keep calling and hope you get the "ok, so I just lifted your suspension" rep...start your case with "hello, I have turrets...f**k, $hit, b1tch, balls...so I noticed...f**k, a$$...that I can't use my psn...motherf**kers, [email protected]"...etc...before anyone jumps on the "not funny to make fun of people with turrets" just calm down...skip this post...continue breathing... 

• Like 1

Reading this thread has made me pro-hard copy for the future. Even if I have to pay a little more.

I remember once when I had this psycho drama with some guy (I knew him irl) who threatened to report my account to get it banned, all because I unfriended him on PSN. As clean as I knew my account was, I didn't take any chances and straight up blocked him.

Edited by Eraezr

On 11/30/2017 at 1:05 AM, bezdomnekoty said:

Did you message someone witch some strong language ? Is it your first ban ?

They don't seem to have very clear rules about that. I reported someone harassing me out of nowhere (even said in the report that we didn't even play any of the same games) and got I guess a minor warning for false reporting.

Edit: Congrats OP, really glad you got your account back! Did they give you any clues as to what the reasoning was?

Edited by Charizarzar

16 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Edit: Congrats OP, really glad you got your account back! Did they give you any clues as to what the reasoning was?

No idea and they didnt give me any info about that. Gotta be triple careful from now on.

9 minutes ago, TKdovahkiin said:

And Sony is not such a BIG BAD MONSTER after all

No, they are not. But they have to review the use of some terms. "Banned" and "Suspended" have different weights on the mind of a gamer.

5 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

start your case with "hello, I have turrets...f**k, $hit, b1tch, balls...so I noticed...f**k, a$$...that I can't use my psn...motherf**kers, [email protected]"...etc...before anyone jumps on the "not funny to make fun of people with turrets" just calm down...skip this post...continue breathing... 

I laughed way harder than I should've.

• Like 1

I always like seeing stories like these turn out nicely. Based on my own experiences the people working in customer support will often genuinely want to help you but Sony has had a long lasting issue with automated systems swinging the banhammer around like it’s nothing. There should probably be some additional systems in place to prevent this from happening to long-time players. Maybe manually check all bans issued on accounts older than a year or something like that.

33 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

No idea and they didnt give me any info about that. Gotta be triple careful from now on.

No, they are not. But they have to review the use of some terms. "Banned" and "Suspended" have different weights on the mind of a gamer.

Probably should have used the word "locked".

4 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Final Status Update:

It is with great pleasure that I tell all of you that my problem was solved - and faster than I imagined!

great news...good to see things work out...if I had to read of another day of movies I was gonna shed a tear...f**k it, may as well admit it, I'm crying now...tears of joy...$hit, f**k, b@lls...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

It is with great pleasure that I tell all of you that my problem was solved - and faster than I imagined!

It's good to see it worked out in the end. Congrats to that, I hope you don't have to experience this again.

And I got reminded to not buy games digitally if it can be avoided for this particular reason. Sony bans people who did nothing wrong at all. That they spent a lot of money on PSN or generally to buy games on Sony's hardware means absolutely nothing... Great way to treat their customers...

Edited by viech54

This is my biggest fear when it comes to buying digital games, whether it's through PS Store, Steam, or anywhere else. A good friend of mine went through something similar with his Steam account; banned without any notice or explanation. It took Valve almost two months to give him his account back and he had to email them/call them almost on daily basis. What happened? Banned due to suspicious activity was their only response. It's pretty much bs reply and if there was anything legit about it, they wouldn't give him his account back.

I hope this gets solved quickly. I wish you luck