Rare games difficult to obtain?

Yuukiyun

Just for clarification; I'm not talking about trophies here, but about the games themselves.
Please only include games that have been obtained by at least one person.

Games I can think of:

- NBA Elite 11 -- Never officially released. Just review/early copies of the game exist.

- Solbrain: Knight of Darkness -- Pulled from PSN Store because of plagiarism.

1000 Top Rated comes to mind. One of the easiest games out there with a platinum. It was on the PSN Store for a day then it got pulled.

Only way to get the game now is to gameshare with someone, which is against the rules of these forums. There may be a chance the game can be brought back to the Store with a name change. Shovel Knight changed it's name to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove so it's definitely possible.

X-Men and The Simpsons Arcade Game are PSN games that are delisted. I wouldn't say they are rare but the only way to get them is to gameshare them just like 1000 Top Rated.

There's definitely a good amount of games not a lot of people have. But I feel many of them aren't really much to write home about. Solbrain is definitely a game that is probably literally impossible to 100 percent, due to a couple trophies being overly ridiculous to get just due to how broken the game is.

I would say any LRG game just because they list them for ridiculous prices :P and Afro samurai 2 revenge of kuma volume 1 which got delisted 

as for the simpsons arcade  that can be bought on Hong Kong store like a few other games that have been delisted everywhere 

I don't know if the game is that rare, but when i still used my PS3 a lot i really wanted to play World of Outlaws Sprint Cars. At that time my local game shop sold it for €45 euro's or so because stock was always limited. Now i'm still a bit interested because i'm a massive race fan and i like to watch these kind of races on youtube. But where i live ( The Netherlands) the game is close to impossible to get for a normal price. The only website that sells them sells it for €65 including send costs, which is very expensive for a 7 year old game. If someone knows where i can get this for a bit of a normal price then let me know

Use this website: https://www.pricecharting.com/

Go to PS3 or PS4 section, then change the filter from Price: Highest to Low

Then look at any game that isn't a Collector/Limited edition or a piece of hardware, then you will know what's rare or becoming rare.

Of the top of my head...

PS3 = 3d Dot Game Heroes, Afrika.

PS4 = Divinity: Original Sin and Gravity Rush Remastered.

13 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Pretty much any retail exclusive limited edition. Fallout 3 Survival Edition, Last of Us Post Pandemic.

And of course, Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition. Only 200 made for giveaways, couldn't be bought. Few sold for well over 2 grand.

Ah...

/hugs statue,

Oww! Ellie's rifle went into my eye!

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...