Should this be played with a guide?

A guide can spoil things for you however what I did when playing the Class Trials was to have a guide next to me, I would pick my answer then if it was wrong I would reload my game and look at the guide for the right answer. That way I would only look at one answer at a time and it wouldn’t spoil anything for me.

I played both stories without a guide. I then went back in using chapter select and the skip button to clean up the few missable trophies in the main stories. Don't spoil the stories for yourself by using a guide for the main games.

I would recommend a guide for School and Island modes respectively, just so you know what the hell is going on really, and to be able to max out the friendship links efficiently, as has been said above. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
"Osland mode"... seriously... face palm
  • Like 1

If this is your first time playing the game... Like other visual novel games, I suggest that you stay away from the guide while playing the story mode so that you could enjoy the despair experience esp. for the first game - THH. The second game has a collectible trophy though so if you are not willing to replay entire chapters and want to finish it quickly, you can check a guide for the collectibles - you would probably be spoiled though. The only downside I see in playing blindly is you would probably be unsure what to do next when investigating(well I end up checking all rooms everytime) and would end up doing some trial and error in Class Trial(on the meat bone? meat on the bone? bone on the meat? <_<)

After clearing the story mode. Feel free to use guide as much as you want to clean up stuffs asap(esp. in Dangan 2)