Why is this platinum so rare...

Kallume

I just started playing yesterday, and I am having a lot of fun. The trophies I see look like their just time consuming but not crazy difficult. After my third 60 minute era, I was at ~2k prosperity on the Medium map. As soon as I learned about the specializations of my villages, it became reasonably straight forward to start popping level 2 developments. 

So... why is this game so rare on the platinum?

15 minutes ago, Kallume said:

I just started playing yesterday, and I am having a lot of fun. The trophies I see look like their just time consuming but not crazy difficult. After my third 60 minute era, I was at ~2k prosperity on the Medium map. As soon as I learned about the specializations of my villages, it became reasonably straight forward to start popping level 2 developments. 

So... why is this game so rare on the platinum?

Games that aren’t well known tend to have very small completion pertentages, like we are doomed. 

• Like 1

It being a port of a three-year-old game that not many people had heard about even then could be one reason.

Another being that while it is time consuming, it’s also very involved where it’s constantly requiring your full attention to try and balance its multiple active systems. I had to quit during the tutorial because I couldn’t give it the attention it demanded, and it felt like I was in the tutorial for around an hour. Might be people like me expecting something a bit more pick-up-and-play getting in a little over their heads. I still want to give it its proper chance, however I probably won’t chase its trophies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super Glamicom said:

Another being that while it is time consuming, it’s also very involved where it’s constantly requiring your full attention to try and balance its multiple active systems. I had to quit during the tutorial because I couldn’t give it the attention it demanded, and it felt like I was in the tutorial for around an hour. Might be people like me expecting something a bit more pick-up-and-play getting in a little over their heads. I still want to give it its proper chance, however I probably won’t chase its trophies.

:l3: pauses the game though. I was in the middle of a 60 mins era, paused and went to make dinner for the family. That being said, a 60 mins era with pauses do cause you to run 1.5-2.5 hours pending how meticulous you are; ergo, I do see your point about not being a "pick-up-and-play" game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why is this platinum so rare...

Trophy achievers divided by game owners equals rarity.

That's it. All other reasons are arbitrary. There may be similarities between ultra rare games, but it ultimately comes down to simple math.

Oh... not what I meant. I understand the math about the % of rarity. I meant why did the game owners not play or complete Reus. Clearly some peeps bought it, but only 2 completed it. Was that because it was hard, they didn't like the gameplay, the trophies were insane, etc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kallume said:

Oh... not what I meant. I understand the math about the % of rarity. I meant why did the game owners not play or complete Reus. Clearly some peeps bought it, but only 2 completed it. Was that because it was hard, they didn't like the gameplay, the trophies were insane, etc.

Pfft, I don't complete games half the time.  I started playing this, then went onto playing something else.  I get back to games eventually, but that can also be another reason that people may not finish it and might be playing other games as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Now two trophies from plat and I must say that this game isn't for everyone. A 2 hours game can take 4 hours or longer pending your pause usage... time constantly slips away from me. Def going to write a guide on this; especially since it's in the ps store for the holiday sale. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I actually got the game when it released on PC, and then I got it again when it released for PS4, I just got bored and i'm not a trophy hunter or completionist so I didn't care to beat the game. And I most likely will never come back to this game on PS4, i'll go back to Godzilla before I try this.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, Soufwar said:

Games that aren’t well known tend to have very small completion pertentages, like we are doomed. 

Why? Doesn't that usually mean few people have played the game too? If the game is shit, requires a lot of grinding and effort, that definitely makes the plat more rare.

But few achievers, that's where it's at for actually rare trophies. ;) And yes, that's definitely the case for not well known games.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2