Kallume

Why is this platinum so rare...

12 posts in this topic

I just started playing yesterday, and I am having a lot of fun. The trophies I see look like their just time consuming but not crazy difficult. After my third 60 minute era, I was at ~2k prosperity on the Medium map. As soon as I learned about the specializations of my villages, it became reasonably straight forward to start popping level 2 developments. 

 

So... why is this game so rare on the platinum?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kallume said:

I just started playing yesterday, and I am having a lot of fun. The trophies I see look like their just time consuming but not crazy difficult. After my third 60 minute era, I was at ~2k prosperity on the Medium map. As soon as I learned about the specializations of my villages, it became reasonably straight forward to start popping level 2 developments. 

 

So... why is this game so rare on the platinum?

Games that aren’t well known tend to have very small completion pertentages, like we are doomed. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It being a port of a three-year-old game that not many people had heard about even then could be one reason.

 

Another being that while it is time consuming, it’s also very involved where it’s constantly requiring your full attention to try and balance its multiple active systems. I had to quit during the tutorial because I couldn’t give it the attention it demanded, and it felt like I was in the tutorial for around an hour. Might be people like me expecting something a bit more pick-up-and-play getting in a little over their heads. I still want to give it its proper chance, however I probably won’t chase its trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Super Glamicom said:

 

Another being that while it is time consuming, it’s also very involved where it’s constantly requiring your full attention to try and balance its multiple active systems. I had to quit during the tutorial because I couldn’t give it the attention it demanded, and it felt like I was in the tutorial for around an hour. Might be people like me expecting something a bit more pick-up-and-play getting in a little over their heads. I still want to give it its proper chance, however I probably won’t chase its trophies.

:l3: pauses the game though. I was in the middle of a 60 mins era, paused and went to make dinner for the family. That being said, a 60 mins era with pauses do cause you to run 1.5-2.5 hours pending how meticulous you are; ergo, I do see your point about not being a "pick-up-and-play" game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this platinum so rare...

 

Trophy achievers divided by game owners equals rarity.

 

That's it. All other reasons are arbitrary. There may be similarities between ultra rare games, but it ultimately comes down to simple math.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why is this platinum so rare...

 

Trophy achievers divided by game owners equals rarity.

 

That's it. All other reasons are arbitrary. There may be similarities between ultra rare games, but it ultimately comes down to simple math.

Oh... not what I meant. I understand the math about the % of rarity. I meant why did the game owners not play or complete Reus. Clearly some peeps bought it, but only 2 completed it. Was that because it was hard, they didn't like the gameplay, the trophies were insane, etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kallume said:

Oh... not what I meant. I understand the math about the % of rarity. I meant why did the game owners not play or complete Reus. Clearly some peeps bought it, but only 2 completed it. Was that because it was hard, they didn't like the gameplay, the trophies were insane, etc.

Pfft, I don't complete games half the time.  I started playing this, then went onto playing something else.  I get back to games eventually, but that can also be another reason that people may not finish it and might be playing other games as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You said it in your OP, it's because it's time consuming. There are a ton of "easy" UR games that are just time consuming. Which makes sense. Most people aren't going to want to grind for hours doing the same thing, when they could be playing a different game. Especially these days when people have ever growing backlogs thanks to things like flash sales and reselling. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now two trophies from plat and I must say that this game isn't for everyone. A 2 hours game can take 4 hours or longer pending your pause usage... time constantly slips away from me. Def going to write a guide on this; especially since it's in the ps store for the holiday sale. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got the game when it released on PC, and then I got it again when it released for PS4, I just got bored and i'm not a trophy hunter or completionist so I didn't care to beat the game. And I most likely will never come back to this game on PS4, i'll go back to Godzilla before I try this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, Soufwar said:

Games that aren’t well known tend to have very small completion pertentages, like we are doomed. 

 

Why? Doesn't that usually mean few people have played the game too? If the game is shit, requires a lot of grinding and effort, that definitely makes the plat more rare.

 

But few achievers, that's where it's at for actually rare trophies. ;) And yes, that's definitely the case for not well known games.

Edited by MMDE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played it for a bit and was for a while the closest one to having the platinum, but I just got bored of doing the same thing over and over again so I stopped x) Will definitely start again sometime though 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.