Let's Build a Game Collection (RPG, Racing, Fighting)

German_Atheist

Just now, Piano Reeves said:

I actually have no clue about the Persona franchise so any help will be appreciated. I also added Venetica. I platted the original version just a few days ago, but I only "have" it via PS Plus.

Ultimax is the direct sequel storywise so you definitely want to play arena first(but be warned it's one of the hardest plats out there) 

3 minutes ago, Starlight Dreams said:

MOTORSTORM MOTHERFUCKER

Has no trophies, motherfucker! Read the fucking text!

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Ultimax is the direct sequel storywise so you definitely want to play arena first(but be warned it's one of the hardest plats out there) 

I'm not aiming for platting the stuff. Many games cannot be platted anymore anyway due to dead servers.

Edited by Piano Reeves

1 minute ago, Piano Reeves said:

Has no trophies, motherfucker! Read the fucking text!

I'm not aiming for platting the stuff. Many games cannot be platted anymore anyway due to dead servers.

Also ultimate ninja storm 2 and 3, generations is kinda a summary of 1 and 2 but it leaves out quite a bit story bits, still worth playing as it has new side stories and characters 

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Also ultimate ninja storm 2 and 3, generations is kinda a summary of 1 and 2 but it leaves out quite a bit story bits, still worth playing as it has new side stories and characters 

Would you consider Generations to be an update or a real new game? With update I mean stuff like the different versions of Street Fighter IV.

5 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

Would you consider Generations to be an update or a real new game? With update I mean stuff like the different versions of Street Fighter IV.

Gameplay wise, I'll just link from the wiki

"While carrying several elements previously seen in the previous installments, such as playing the story mode and online tournaments, the game sees several new features and changes and 72 characters and 15 support only characters. The battle system has been modified for faster gameplay.[9] The game now implements a new status meter that limits the amount of techniques required to avoid the opponent's moves.[10] One of the new additions to the game is the "Beast Mode", also known as "Awakening Mode", in which a character transforms into a beast with stronger attacks should they be about to be defeated. For example, Part II Naruto Uzumaki changes into his Tailed Beast Chakra Mode that enhances his abilities, while Part II Sasuke Uchiha summons Susanoo, a massive ethereal warrior that aids him in combat.[11][12] Players are also able to use real collectible cards to unlock new content and gain advantages in the fights.[13]

The story mode covers both Part I and Part II from the series, respectively featuring the younger and older incarnations from the series' characters.[14] The role-playing game elements from Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2's story mode were removed in favor of consecutive battles, thus reducing the time spent during the mode.[15] Although it mainly focuses on Naruto Uzumaki's adventures based on the series, it features new sidestories led by other supporting characters that expand their backgrounds.[10][15] New animated cutscenes are used for the story mode.,[16][17] the game includes the debut of the new Kage, the strongest ninjas from the Naruto series, introduced in Part II, as well as Kakashi Hatake's team during his childhood.[18] Assistant character are exclusively teaming up with playable characters such as Fu and Torune who are teamed up with Danzo Shimura.[19]"

if you don't really care about the story, then you should just go with revolution as it was the final UNS game released for the ps3, otherwise play generations for the summary of UNS1 since you don't want to play anything without trophies, and play 2, 3, and revolution

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

if you don't really care about the story, then you should just go with revolution as it was the final UNS game released for the ps3, otherwise play generations for the summary of UNS1 since you don't want to play anything without trophies, and play 2, 3, and revolution

Well, this is more about building a collection. I picked my three favorite genres and aim for getting all Western releases for it. I actually don't really think about playing the unknown stuff yet. First I'll have to figure out which games actually exist. This is why I made this thread. :) However, three Naruto games are on the list now. I'll look deeper into it when I'm taking care of them. ;)

Here are some I think you should consider adding that you don't have on your list yet: 

Fighting

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes 

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: AllStar Battle 

Racing

Ridge Racer Unbounded 

Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine 

Ferrari Challenge 

RPG

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

Here are some I think you should consider adding that you don't have on your list yet: 

Fighting

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes 

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: AllStar Battle 

Racing

Ridge Racer Unbounded 

Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine 

Ferrari Challenge 

RPG

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is not a fighting game. It's a hack and slash. Rune Factory is already on the list. The rest was added with the exception of Ridge Racer. I already thought about this game but I'm not sure much it is affected by the dead servers.

3 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is not a fighting game. It's a hack and slash. Rune Factory is already on the list. The rest was added with the exception of Ridge Racer. I already thought about this game but I'm not sure much it is affected by the dead servers.

My bad about Rune Factory, it's a different name here in NA. I would still give Ridge Racer a go. You can enjoy the offline mode just fine even without the online. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

My bad about Rune Factory, it's a different name here in NA. I would still give Ridge Racer a go. You can enjoy the offline mode just fine even without the online. 

It's more like I will deny games that were made for online play only. Remember MAG? This game was released both digitally and physically and it's unplayable now because it's online only and the servers have been closed by Sony many years ago. Those are the games I want to avoid. But if Ridge Racer has a normal single player mode it will be of course added.

Edited by Piano Reeves

2 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

It's more like I will deny games that made for online play only. Remember MAG? This game was released both digitally and physically and it's unplayable now because it's online only and the servers have been closed by Sony many years ago. Those are the games I want to avoid. But if Ridge Racer has a normal single player mode it will be of course added.

Looks like it does based on the most recent player:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1394-ridge-racer-unbounded

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Piano Reeves said:

There are but also some games that are download only. Legasista was only released physically in Japan. I already own Lightning Returns, see the pic in the first post. ;)

This collection is totally overpriced. I can get ME 2+3 for 4 € each.

It may be overpriced, but it is the only way to get ME 1 on physical disc

wow, this list you've made is perfect...we have the exact opposite interest in games...i'll try to remember to bring this up next time I'm browsing games at the local shop...avoid these...haha...i'm only half serious (apparently I have to write this now)...wouldn't avoid a good game just because of how it's categorized but in general don't like the genres you've listed...

i'm sure they've been mentioned but burnout paradise and wipeout hd for racing...both cheap I think...no idea about fighting games...also no idea what RPG even means anymore... 

29 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

It may be overpriced, but it is the only way to get ME 1 on physical disc

It's on disc?! I always thought it was included as a download code. Well, this changes everything. Thanks for the heads up.

7 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i'm sure they've been mentioned but burnout paradise and wipeout hd for racing...both cheap I think...no idea about fighting games...also no idea what RPG even means anymore... 

Has Wipeout HD been released on disc? I own it digitally as a part of the "welcome back" package from 2011. RPG means Role Playing Game, as stated in the first post. ;)

1 minute ago, Piano Reeves said:

It's on disc?! I always thought it was included as a download code. Well, this changes everything. Thanks for the heads up.

Has Wipeout HD been released on disc? I own it digitally as a part of the "welcome back" package from 2011. RPG means Role Playing Game, as stated in the first post. ;)

Yep it's been released on disc as well. Bundled with Fury.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

Has Wipeout HD been released on disc?

RPG means Role Playing Game, as stated in the first post. ;)

oops, I forgot you wanted disc...was thinking of the games I've played and got distracted from the whole point of the thread...i may have seen it in the bargain bin but no idea really...recently the Eb games I go to got rid of the ps3 section and all them are now in a bargain bin...i'll have a look next time I'm there...

edit: just read above...yes, that would be the one I thought I had seen...ninjas only appear to the ones who are bad at reading, aye?... 

I understand what RPG means but I think the definition has broadened since I was a kid...so no idea what would qualify anymore is what I meant...so many subgenres it would seem...i also have no idea what most of them even mean...as in which games would qualify for them either...

Edited by ProfBambam55

1 hour ago, Piano Reeves said:

Yes, the trilogy has ME1 on disc. I bought the NA version this year (although I thought I'd get the UK version, as it was advertised as such), all three games were on separate discs.

• Like 1

I took a look in my own collection and I have disc versions of two games I do not see in your list yet:

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (offline platinum yay!)

106913TestDriveFerrariLegends.jpg

Supercar Challenge (like Ferrari Challenge, but different):

107098_front.jpg

And no bike racing games like MotoGP 13 / 14/ etc?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

And no bike racing games like MotoGP 13 / 14/ etc?

Racers of all kinds. Karts, cars, motorcycles, gliders. Realistic, arcade, fun racers and science-fiction. Anything goes as long it can be considered a real racing game.

Look what I just found on Amazon:

51ukonredwli1a9k6iut0.jpg

Edited by Piano Reeves

Cool. didn't know that combo existed.

Wikipedia might be a good place to look up more games for the list. There is a very handy list of PS3 games on disc which includes information about regions it was distributed and if the game has trophies. Well, you probably know it :) And of course it will still be handy if you know something about the games themselves, because who would think that "Alarm für Cobra 11" was actually a racing game.

Comparing that list to yours, this is what I found regarding racing games:

• Alarm für Cobra 11: Das Syndikat
  • Alarm für Cobra 11: Undercover
  • Ben 10: Galactic Racing
  • Cars Race-o-Rama
  • Cars Mater-National Championship
  • Cars 3: Driven to Win
  • Cars 2: The video game
  • Crash time 4: The Syndicate
  • Crash Time 5
  • DreamWorks Super Star Kartz
  • El Chavo Kart
  • Fast and Furious: Showdown
  • GRID Autosport
  • Hot Wheels World's Best Driver
  • MotoGP 14
  • MotoGP 15
  • Motorcycle Club
  • MUD FIM Motocross World Championship
  • MXGP The Official Motocross Videogame
  • MX vs ATV: Alive
  • MX vs ATV: Reflex
  • MX vs ATV: Supercross
  • Ride
  • Ridge Racer Unbounded
  • SBK-08: Superbike World Championship
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Truck Racer
  • World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
  • WRC: FIA World Rally Championship

You might want to check this list yourself, because I am not sure the list on wikipedia is 100% correct. It has "Absolute Supercars" as a game without trophies there, which I don't think is correct. And I also found "WRC: powerslide" on the Wikipedia list but AFAIK that's a digital only game so I didn't include it here.

Well anyway, good luck! I have no idea what kind of madness drove you into selling off your whole collection, but I'm sure it will be fun putting this new one together :)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1