Let's Build a Game Collection (RPG, Racing, Fighting)

German_Atheist

16 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Alarm für Cobra 11

Well anyway, good luck! I have no idea what kind of madness drove you into selling off your whole collection, but I'm sure it will be fun putting this new one together :)

Making space in preparation for moving to a new apartment. I also sold hundreds of CDs. The good thing is that now I can aim directly at the best versions, especially GotY ones. So, I'm not too sad. ;)

Alarm für Cobra 11, well, omg. This is a crappy German TV show. I always thought the games were only released on PC.
Thanks for the list. This'll help a lot. :)

Edited by Piano Reeves

as someone who has dabbled in this but, for now, has no job...this shit is expensive, like I had a list just like yours and browsed ebay and game.co.uk (which have buy 3 for 2 used) all the time to see a good deal and man, it will cost you a ton xD
also I always aimed at special editions or limited editions, no bundles and no "essentials"

Edited by Leo Leopold Leon III

6 minutes ago, Leo Leopold Leon III said:

as someone who has dabbled in this but, for now, has no job...this shit is expensive, like I had a list just like yours and browsed ebay and game.co.uk (which have buy 3 for 2 used) all the time to see a good deal and man, it will cost you a ton xD
also I always aimed at special editions or limited editions, no bundles and no "essentials"

I will buy the most stuff used. That's why I'd never go for special editions as online codes are pretty much always used. An example:
Mass Effect 2: new on Amazon.de for 19,99 € (23,79 $, 17,62 £)

Mass Effect 2: used on rebuy.de for 2,99 € (3,56 $, 2,64 £)

I don't know how prices are in Europe, but man, here in the States, best time to be collecting PS3 games, so cheap now.

I would focus on getting the "Games/Series that Defined PS3" stuff:

Bioshock, Assassins creed, Uncharted, Infamous, Souls, Last of Us, Tales of Xillia etc.

Then focus on the HD collections, like PS2 games that got trophy treatment, like God of War, Ratchet, Jak, etc.

Then focus on underrated gems like Dragon's Crown, Dragon's Dogma, Deadly Premonition, Trails of Cold Steel, and others.

Then you can do weeaboo trash and COD LOL jk (sorta...)

Edited by Primeape

4 hours ago, Primeape said:

Bioshock, Assassins creed, Uncharted, Infamous, Souls, Last of Us, Tales of Xillia etc.

Then you can do weeaboo trash and COD LOL jk (sorta...)

It's quite obvious that you didn't even read the first post. :facepalm:

8wstl2tfbu8b.jpg

5 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Only difference is I'm happy with my decision to trade my cartridges for Everdrives, my PSP games for roms, and PS4 stuff for those convenient tiles. Thats because unlike yourself, I didnt sell my PS2 or PS3 collections - I left those (and my nintendo Wii U/3DS) games alone. :)

I don't regret selling my SNES and N64 stuff at all. I actually had some sort of a retro kick a few years ago and bought some stuff (see spoiler). But it turned out that games without trophies don't motivate me anymore. Kinda sad but that's how it is now.

Spoiler

3f456badg3ab78tg7fjs5.jpg

Edited by Piano Reeves

From the top of my head: Hunt down Folklore.

Yeah, it doesn't have trophies, but...

Dew it. Dew it, dew it, dew it. -eye twitch-

So far RPG bases are covered rather well.

I can't help you with racing or fighting games, as I rarely play these. As for RPG and misc that aren't in that list...

Alice: Madness Returns

Asura's Wrath

Catherine

Deadly Premonition

Silent Hill Downpour

Zone of the Enders: HD Collection

1 hour ago, NetEntity said:

Alice: Madness Returns -> platformer

Asura's Wrath -> hack 'n' slash

Catherine -> visual novel/puzzle

Deadly Premonition -> survival horror

Silent Hill Downpour -> survival horror

Zone of the Enders: HD Collection -> hack 'n' slash. I already own the first one on PS3

None of these games can be considered RPG in any way. See annotations above.

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Why not adding Mass Effect 1 to your list too? also if you like fallout you may want to consider adding The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and V: Skyrim to your list, unless you plane to play Skyrim on the PS4, in that case just Oblivion

You should at least read the first post in this thread. ?

9 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

None of these games can be considered RPG in any way. See annotations above.

You should at least read the first post in this thread. 1f611.png

1 hour ago, NetEntity said:

As for RPG and misc that aren't in that list...

You should read posts carefully too, I guess. And I shouldn't have wrongly adviced as well.

In the end, my input isn't important.

Edited by NetEntity

• 2 weeks later...