This is absolutely ridiculous

Sebulba2000

11 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

If a hacker put a bounty on you, why is it your fault? 

It's not, but it's not a legitimate trophy timestamp and it's unwanted on the leaderboards, so those users are asked to hide the game to be eligible for the leaderboards again.

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

It's not, but it's not a legitimate trophy timestamp and it's unwanted on the leaderboards, so those users are asked to hide the game to be eligible for the leaderboards again.

I see, its still a terrible thing to do from Rockstar’s part. They should’ve kept it going for as long as the PS3 is going, the game has a strong player base (maybe not like current gen but still) its GTA, even 4 is still played like mad. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 4:27 PM, Sebulba2000 said:

Yep, you've guessed, I'm another one of these guys, who are mad at Rockstar for locking the bounties on the last gen version. I don't see any point why disable it on the PS3/X360, but leave it on PC, Xbox One and PS4 (I'm not suggesting they should also, but I think you get my point). This makes the platinum impossible due to one minor trophy which is "Run Like The Wind". Imagine you've worked so hard for the plat, but this little trophy just stops you from getting it. The thing that's even more ridiculous it's that GTA IV's plat is still 100% possible, while GTA V's isn't. I really hope they won't leave it like this... I mean they're Rockstar, not EA, right? On the second hand, the PS3's lifespan is ending, so It's really hard to tell if it'll return or not.

They disabled them on last gen as hackers were using the bounty system to make millions of dollars

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, I_Hunt_Trophies_ said:

I don’t know if this will work but sometimes when you steal a car the npc in the car will place a bounty on you. Like I said I don’t know if this works and if it does it’s pretty luck based as well.

People have been testing that method for months and no one could verify it works anymore, so at this point, it's just assumed that it doesn't.

21 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

They disabled them on last gen as hackers were using the bounty system to make millions of dollars

Yeah, I know. But why leave it on next gen then? Not saying they should fully shut it down, but why disable it on last gen, but leave it enabled on new gen?

21 hours ago, Froopy said:

This makes me kick myself because I never got it in the PS3 verison. :[

Same here, man. I never actually went online on the PS3 version, played for a little bit and moved on to other games, then completed it and done some trophies in the single player and moving to the other games again. And so, I found out this has been shut down, so I know how it feels, let's just hope it will come back

2 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Yeah, I know. But why leave it on next gen then? Not saying they should fully shut it down, but why disable it on last gen, but leave it enabled on new gen?

Same here, man. I never actually went online on the PS3 version, played for a little bit and moved on to other games, then completed it and done some trophies in the single player and moving to the other games again. And so, I found out this has been shut down, so I know how it feels, let's just hope it will come back

Because there's no hackers on current gen

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Phil said:

It's not. People don't have anything else better to do than to worry about stupid shit. It literally takes the same amount of time and effort either way, so saying this trophy is unwanted on the lbs is stupid. Just be honest about your reasons: you don't want anybody else to earn the plat. Selfish, plain and simple.

Agreed

9 hours ago, Phil said:

It's not. People don't have anything else better to do than to worry about stupid shit. It literally takes the same amount of time and effort either way, so saying this trophy is unwanted on the lbs is stupid. Just be honest about your reasons: you don't want anybody else to earn the plat. Selfish, plain and simple.

Its not like in this trophy you’re hacking the game for gameplay advantages or hacking it for trophy popping like say borderlands and the autopops or demon’s souls hack to pop boss trophies, this trophy doesn’t take any skill, the online is still up and everything is fine, finding a hacker to put a bounty on your head for other people to cash in on it is not really that bad, like you said people are just gonna get mad because they dont want anyone to pop the plat anymore. 

• Like 2

couldn't agree more with a few posts above.  people exploit uncharted brutal or bioshock hardest difficulties and think nothing of it because its part of the game.  however, since this technically isn't part unless a hacker places it on you, its the wrong thing to do.  pretty poor logic, especially since you would go about earning it the normal way.  people just need something to cry about, that is the normalcy of these times.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

couldn't agree more with a few posts above.  people exploit uncharted brutal or bioshock hardest difficulties and think nothing of it because its part of the game.  however, since this technically isn't part unless a hacker places it on you, its the wrong thing to do.  pretty poor logic, especially since you would go about earning it the normal way.  people just need something to cry about, that is the normalcy of these times.

Using technical malfunctions also called bugs or glitch is not the same as hacking a game to receive something. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No one getting the trophies lately is hacking the game, ffs.

For any gamer, trophy hunter, completionist or not, to defend Rockstar on their lazy decision not to fix this problem is absurd. They are still making millions off the last gen version of the game and there's still a huge player base. To anybody, not necessarily in this thread, unaware, there's many countries around the world where people can't afford to get new gen so they're playing huge online games like this constantly.

To just leave hackers on a game, last gen or not, ruining it for everyone else is just plain stupid by Rockstar. They're not just on last gen anyway, they're mainly on PC. The issue for them is to either fix this problem with the bounties or shut the hackers out completely, they've chosen to do neither and have abandoned the game while collecting the profits. They abandoned Red Dead Redemption early on and have allowed this to be overrun with hackers as well. Eventually the hackers will be coming to this gen and what then will Rockstar do?

• Like 2

I won't be buying a single Rockstar game ever again if they don't fix this trophy (goodbye Red Dead Redemption). In the other hand if Rockstar decides to fix this I promise I will get GTAV again for PS4 get the plat and 100%. Mark my words.

I still can't believe  Rockstar decided to shut down a fucking feature of the game without a previous warning. The bounty feature was disable because of the hackers so the most ironic thing here is the hackers are the only ones that can get the trophy now. Rockstar made the most stupid decision ever with this one. This only hurts legit trophy hunters and no one else.

• Like 3

On 04/12/2017 at 2:54 AM, Phil said:

i've never seen anything more true

On 04/12/2017 at 1:52 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Because there's no hackers on current gen

you do get modding on ps4 offline, and you can get modded things through transferred accounts, and from their you can have tons of money to place on a bounty.