This is absolutely ridiculous

Sebulba2000

Everyone commenting here needs to email Rockstar Support and GTA Online Support about the issue. And if they ignore you then send even more messages, maybe even make it a daily routine. They will listen eventually if people keep pressing it, but if people get complacent and give up then R* wins and they have no reason to ever fix the issue. 

• Like 2

Let's be real, you're annoyed about the trophy, not them taking something out of the game.

If they updated it tomorrow to make it so when you attempt to put a bounty out, the trophy popped, you'd be fine and wouldn't care.

You wanna be pissed at Rockstar? Be pissed about the flying bike, be pissed about a fucking Delorean, be pissed about those thing and more being locked behind the online only wall and kept away from the single player only guys who were promised substantial single player DLC to come out literally years ago. Online games change, online games can be fucked with at any time, and no, I'm not defending Rockstar, Rockstar can fuck off really, but this shit is common place, and one of the many reasons I don't go for online games. GTA V on PS3 was a bloody nightmare the last time I was on in, hackers quite literally everywhere, and if that's not bad, they locked on to you from across the map with infinite instant explosives and whatnot. I'm amazed they haven't just shut down GTA Online for last gen at this point, it's a fucking mess, and honestly, them taking out something like this is at least them trying to get rid of one of it's many problems, rather than just leave it as the crazy ass wasteland it has become without so much as a touch up.

• Like 4

Why are people not getting banned for earning RLTW? That's kinda annoying that some can cheat that trophy and get away with it and i will be stuck with 2 trophies missing. There is probably over 200 people with this trophy earned in illegitimate way, maybe admins should say it's ok to cheat it since they also not giving bans for it.

9 minutes ago, harrypotter1997 said:

Why are people not getting banned for earning RLTW? That's kinda annoying that some can cheat that trophy and get away with it and i will be stuck with 2 trophies missing. There is probably over 200 people with this trophy earned in illegitimate way, maybe admins should say it's ok to cheat it since they also not giving bans for it.

In a lot of cases, people can simply say that they had a bounty put on their character before the bounty feature was discontinued. But if you feel so strongly against it, you're free to report those people's trophies. 

10 hours ago, Sergen said:

In a lot of cases, people can simply say that they had a bounty put on their character before the bounty feature was discontinued. But if you feel so strongly against it, you're free to report those people's trophies. 

i thought of that too. But if they really removed the function completely, this shouldnt be even possible that way?

7 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

i thought of that too. But if they really removed the function completely, this shouldnt be even possible that way?

I've never seen someone prove it, but I assume it would have worked because I'm guessing the game still counts old bounties. But even then, a modder could put a bounty on someone and that person could avoid getting any other trophy and claim they had an old bounty. Either way, I don't think the trophy should truly be flaggable but the overall game is fucked up. I don't recommend anyone to keep playing the PS3 version if they want to have fun. The PS4 version is superior in every way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

There goes my 100 percent account option completely out the window.

You might not be able to 100% your entire list, but at least you could do GTA V on PS4 and make up for it. But I warn you that the 100% for GTA V became incredibly difficult with the release of the Doomsday heist. 

Just now, Sergen said:

You might not be able to 100% your entire list, but at least you could do GTA V on PS4 and make up for it. But I warn you that the 100% for GTA V became incredibly difficult with the release of the Doomsday heist. 

When I played years ago it was purely for fun, I didn't become serious about trophies until late 2015.

One of my goals now is to achieve 95 percent completion. Thankfully I can get every Assassins Creed game on my list to 100 percent. Red Dead Redemption and Resogun both have plenty of people to boost with.

But it's a shame that Grand Theft Auto for the PS3 is no longer obtainable legit. I've also noticed the cheater count listed on the leaderboard webpage has skyrocketed recently. I'm going to guess a lot of people have been removed for trying to cheat their way with Grand Theft Auto V, along with other games like Call of Duty: World at War.

There is a program still available that easily allows you to mod and hack trophies on the PS3. Sad that people go to these depths, but thankfully the leaderboards are mostly clean.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

that person could avoid getting any other trophy and claim they had an old bounty

Avoiding other trophies isn’t quite necessary, I think. There should be enough to claim that the bounty was put on second character long ago and then it wasn’t used until recently.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:13 PM, Aexuz said:

I won't be buying a single Rockstar game ever again if they don't fix this trophy...

I still can't believe Rockstar decided to shut down a .blip. feature of the game without a previous warning.

Honestly, I'm with Rockstar on this one.  They sell a service in the form of shark cards. So, essentially the modders are thieves. 

If I made a game myself and a bunch of hackers and cheaters were stealing from my bottom line, I'd personally do everything to screw them over too, including up to just turning the whole online off.

Maybe as a community we should start shunning the hackers/modding/cheaters to the point where they stop, and then developers wouldn't have to resort to things.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Honestly, I'm with Rockstar on this one.  They sell a service in the form of shark cards. So, essentially the modders are thieves. 

If I made a game myself and a bunch of hackers and cheaters were stealing from my bottom line, I'd personally do everything to screw them over too, including up to just turning the whole online off.

Maybe as a community we should start shunning the hackers/modding/cheaters to the point where they stop, and then developers wouldn't have to resort to things.

Its alright if they shut it down but is it ok to do it with a previous warning? What about all the other legit players that didn't have the trophy at that point? I think they should at least give a solution for the ones that still need the trophy and can't get the platinum because of that feature. Is it really that bad for Rockstar to unlock the feature so only NPC's can put a bounty on you?

Doesn't make sense that all trophies for GTAIV are still obtainable but GTAV isn't. No one was expeting a popular game like GTAV having a problem like this so soon.

• Like 1

I've done my part on this and would recommend others do the same...i've hit r* up on twitter and sent a request ticket...the response was that they couldn't comment on the future availability of some features of ps3's gta online...so yep, no resolution in sight but I feel ok knowing I did all I could to let them know I wasn't satisfied that they removed the bounty feature due to hackers but that now only hackers have access to it...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Im with you BUT then they should just give the trophy out for free (for every user), win/win and no more problems.

• Like 1

What's funny about Rockstar removing bounties is that it didn't help them because modders can still put bounties on people for any amount of money with their mod menu. I don't know if Rockstar even officially mentioned removing the bounties, maybe the game just glitched and the bounty feature is unexpectedly discontinued. Either way, it's a trophy that's practically still obtainable because modders put the bounty on people and even then, the trophy was incredibly simple to survive and earn and so many people still frequently earn it. I kind of doubt at this point that there were people who had a bounty before April 2017 that decided it was time to come back to the PS3 version to survive it. 

• Like 2

Wait ... so this is considered hacking while obtaining the RDR online trophies where every single server is hacked as shit is still fine? Makes no sense at all! Like Phil said, the amount of time and effort is completely the same as before ... this is ridiculous.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:54 AM, Phil said:

It's not. People don't have anything else better to do than to worry about stupid shit. It literally takes the same amount of time and effort either way, so saying this trophy is unwanted on the lbs is stupid. Just be honest about your reasons: you don't want anybody else to earn the plat. Selfish, plain and simple.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, derdimi said:

Wait ... so this is considered hacking while obtaining the RDR online trophies where every single server is hacked as shit is still fine? Makes no sense at all!

apparently if it's in the trophy guide it's kosher so it might be ok to pm the author and ask them to say "the only way to obtain this trophy is by looking for a hacker in a public lobby to put a bounty on you and surviving the following 48 minutes", take a screenshot of the guide, archive it, and all is well...otherwise yes, expect a flag here now and to have to eventually hide the game... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

apparently if it's in the trophy guide it's kosher so it might be ok to pm the author and ask them to say "the only way to obtain this trophy is by looking for a hacker in a public lobby to put a bounty on you and surviving the following 48 minutes", take a screenshot of the guide, archive it, and all is well...otherwise yes, expect a flag here now and to have to eventually hide the game... 

12 hours ago, derdimi said:

Wait ... so this is considered hacking while obtaining the RDR online trophies where every single server is hacked as shit is still fine? Makes no sense at all! Like Phil said, the amount of time and effort is completely the same as before ... this is ridiculous.

Yup. It should be put in the guide. Shit, there's even a whole work around to glitching the xp in AvP which uses a proxy server to get around installing the patch which is also been deemed acceptable. Maybe @Sly Ripper could chime in on this. If he agrees with us, he can tell the flag team to start lifting these flags. 

Lets keep in mind that this isn't a CoD situation. Not all the trophies are being popped at once. This is definitely akin to RDR and AvP.

Edited by Phil

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yup. It should be put in the guide. Shit, there's even a whole work around to glitching the xp in AvP which uses a proxy server to get around installing the patch which is also been deemed acceptable. Maybe @Sly Ripper could chime in on this. If he agrees with us, he can tell the flag team to start lifting these flags. 

Lets keep in mind that this isn't a CoD situation. Not all the trophies are being popped at once. This is definitely akin to RDR and AvP.

I mean, Black Ops 2 has a similar problem with an impossible plat. Nobody can get Big Leagues, with the only way being getting it unlocked via modder. What sucks about that is, BO2 is only on PS3, not on PS4, so it's not like people can just switch to the 'superior version' and get the 100%. 3arc/Activi$ion could easily solve the problem, but choose not to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/1/2018 at 7:50 AM, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

I have emailed Rockstar multiple times and they are not helpful regarding "Run Like the Wind" trophy.

I would like to confirm with members of psnprofile. Will you be flagged from psnprofile, if you earn "Run Like The Wind" and "Off the Plane" in 2018?

Nope, all the latest achievers are not getting flagged. You can only hope to get "lucky" in a public lobby.