Project Platinum: Warriors

Leon Castle

22 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

How did you find the game? I'm sure it's a standard Musou game, but did it play well? I've noticed the SW games have been playing smoother than the DW games lately.

I really liked it, but Koei has me in their iron grip lol. Things ran pretty smooth except when Yukimura deified and showed off his raw abs, then the framerate would dip. I generally preferred playing as DW characters as opposed to the SW characters (except for my boi Ranmaru) but that's just because I'm a bigger DW fan than a SW fan.

The game is indeed rushed in places, reusing stages from older games is to be expected, but they reuse such a low amount of stages so you've see them all pretty fast

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SkeithTheTerror said:

I really liked it, but Koei has me in their iron grip lol. Things ran pretty smooth except when Yukimura deified and showed off his raw abs, then the framerate would dip. I generally preferred playing as DW characters as opposed to the SW characters (except for my boi Ranmaru) but that's just because I'm a bigger DW fan than a SW fan.

The game is indeed rushed in places, reusing stages from older games is to be expected, but they reuse such a low amount of stages so you've see them all pretty fast

lol I hear you on the bold part. xD I'm mainly curious as DW9 played like absolute garbage up until I found a setting in the main menu for putting the game on Action Mode as opposed to the default Movie Mode. It's a bit of a bummer since it plays smoother now but I'm about a day away from the plat. If it plays smooth from the start though I assume it's probably like the SW games.

Haha Yukimura breaking the game. ? Speaking of the characters I wonder how the DW characters play now because I'm a bigger fan of that series as well. I'll have to watch gameplay vids to see if they are like DW8 or if they play like DW9.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, F1nal said:

Done Warriors Orochi 4 for the 17th platinum.

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Time for an update.

Got the plat in Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada and Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires earlier this year (https://psnprofiles.com/viech54?search=warriors), raising my completed games from 9 to 11 and a promotion to Ultimate Warrior.

Updated.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm in your Let's Play, but I think I've moved up a rank here as well:

DW6:E

DW7

DW7:XL

DW7:E

DW8

DW8:XL

DW8:E

DW: Strikeforce

Warriors: Legends of Troy

Berserk: Band of the Hawk

I think that's 10!

Updated.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:03 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Dynasty Warriors 9 makes plat 13. Samurai Warriors 4 Empires will make 14 soon...I hope...

Because you know...I like getting LP and PP mixed up. :facepalm: 

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires coming on in at 14. 

I think there's only 6 more games in the list I can actually plat. :hmm: 

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Because you know...I like getting LP and PP mixed up. :facepalm: 

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires coming on in at 14. 

I think there's only 6 more games in the list I can actually plat. :hmm: 

Updated, just one left before Demon King Rank.

Only 6 games... That's almost all of them, I guess one of them can't plat is DW Next.

11 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Updated, just one left before Demon King Rank.

Only 6 games... That's almost all of them, I guess one of them can't plat is DW Next.

Anything requiring online or the Vita game I can't plat.

I can plat, DW7E, DWG, SWSoS, WO4, All Stars if there's no MP/Online, and Berserk.

Is Strikeforce still obtainable? If it is I might be able to if I decide to. 

14 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Anything requiring online or the Vita game I can't plat.

I can plat, DW7E, DWG, SWSoS, WO4, All Stars if there's no MP/Online, and Berserk.

Is Strikeforce still obtainable? If it is I might be able to if I decide to. 

I know Strikeforce had some online component (making some number of friends through online play?). It was light back in the day, but that game is probably a graveyard now. I still have my copy, though, so at least you'll have one friend. I doubt the server closed - Koei seems to keep them opened in perpetuity.

Also, as an FYI, Strikeforce was one of my favorites. The groovy techno music. The flying bosses. Zhou Yu and his fabulous boots. Awesomeness.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I know I'm not playing at my usual pace, but damn Warriors Orochi 4 feels like it's going to take forever lol. I'm enjoying it as much as expected though. I'm always missing the damn S rank time/kills by so little playing blind lol.

Speaking of...no way in hell the number 1 fastest is legit right? Good portion of it seems auto popped but I remember you could do that with DW8 between the PS3/PS4 and I didn't look that far into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Speaking of...no way in hell the number 1 fastest is legit right? Good portion of it seems auto popped but I remember you could do that with DW8 between the PS3/PS4 and I didn't look that far into it.

It does look like the so-called "number 1" is not legit. Warriors Orochi 4 does have a save data import, with Warriors Orochi 3(all versions) and DW9. WO3 gives Stock EXP to level up characters whlie DW9 only gives DW9 outfits for 5 certain DW girls.

• Like 1

Warriors Orochi 4 makes 15 and an ascension to Demon King.

I very much enjoyed this game despite not being in the mood to play anything. For anyone wondering how tough this game is I'll just recommend the one character I found to completely break the game.

Athena. When you get her EX Sacred Treasure equip it. I suppose the horse doesn't matter but obviously Red Hare is preferable.

Start of any level, with enemies close by I guess not the ones where you have an empty map or have to go searching, use the Charge Magic. Then summon your horse. Then fuck shit up. You can rack up hundreds of kills in some stages within a minute that's how widespread her attacks are and up until around late chapter 4 she pretty much one shots everything but officers if she's a high level. If you control your circles right you can just run around officers and chaos origins and turn them into nothings. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Sagaan said:

Here i want to join as well

Dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends 

Dynasty warriors 8 empires 

Dynasty warriors 9 

Warriors orochi 3 ultimate 

Warriors orochi 4

Samurai warriors 4-2 

Samurai warriors spirits of sanada 

Added.

Btw WO4 will get a Ultimate Version but unlike WO3 it will also come as a Upgrade DLC for Base Game Owners(I wonder if a new WO4 Trophy list is coming out)

WO4U-West_08-30-19.jpg

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-coming-west-in-february-2020

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Btw WO4 will get a Ultimate Version but unlike WO3 it will also come as a Upgrade DLC for Base Game Owners(I wonder if a new WO4 Trophy list is coming out)

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-coming-west-in-february-2020

Hopefully...it will act like Freedom Cry from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag since the article states there will be 2 forms. 

Also, this will really bite if it works like DW8: XL on the PS4 and you need to redo everything in the base game. (I think that's how the PS4 game works at least)

I can't remember if WO4 had a data upload feature either to help things along in Ultimate. :hmm: 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...