Project Platinum: Warriors

Leon Castle

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Congrats on the plat!

Berserk has arguably the most annoying end boss of any musou game I’ve ever played. Seriously, Femto sucks. And the fact that you have to descend 100 floors into the abyss and beat him, with EVERY character, will test your patience.

Thanks. :D

So...I guess I'm gonna wait a while for this game then. I'm assuming there's no checkpoints on the way to 100?

Now I desperately hope my brother likes the game so we can split that part of the game lmfao.

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Thanks. :D

So...I guess I'm gonna wait a while for this game then. I'm assuming there's no checkpoints on the way to 100?

Now I desperately hope my brother likes the game so we can split that part of the game lmfao.

there are checkpoints. It might even be every 5 floors.

But while Berserk is more fun to play than All-Stars, it still has annoyances. You won’t do crap in the post-game until you get Hawks of Light, which are rare drops from hard enemies. Unlocking accessories, horses, and images requires beating certain stages with certain characters. You won’t need too much of a guide, but you’ll need to be careful about choices you make in the abyss.

Happily, Berserk Guts is really strong. I ended up going 140 floors with him to get the necessary accessories.

Long story short...it’s a musou game with a musou plat.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:54 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6559-warriors-all-stars/Avatar_Of_Battle

Stupid game makes 16. Berserk will be next since I already have it. Hopefully my bro likes it a lot more than All-Stars so we can play together.

Updated.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, starcrunch061 said:

there are checkpoints. It might even be every 5 floors.

But while Berserk is more fun to play than All-Stars, it still has annoyances. You won’t do crap in the post-game until you get Hawks of Light, which are rare drops from hard enemies. Unlocking accessories, horses, and images requires beating certain stages with certain characters. You won’t need too much of a guide, but you’ll need to be careful about choices you make in the abyss.

Happily, Berserk Guts is really strong. I ended up going 140 floors with him to get the necessary accessories.

Long story short...it’s a musou game with a musou plat.

Lol endless eclipse mode is no joke once you get to floors 80+. Femto is stupidly designed too. His first 2 health bars aren't an issue but when he hits red all of his attacks are meant to push you back. I wasted like 4 frenzies just trying to get close enough to hit him a couple times. I didn't even mind his defense being off the charts but getting close to him is the issue.

I can't imagine how irritating it's going to be even on Easy with the other characters. My go to method was running around on the Skeleton Knight's Horse until the frenzy bar filled.

I didn't focus much on good accessories so much as enhancing the 3 I've been using. There are better ones I just don't feel like going through the process of switching stats over.

• Like 1

(Berserk)

I haven't used Wyald, Zodd, or Shierke but I can't see them being as difficult to use as Judeau. He's sorta like Zhang He when it comes to a wild and shitty move set, and definitely going to be the last character I bring to floor 100. However, to keep things from getting stale faster I think I'll do 20 floors for each person. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for Judeau I'll have the gold to just pay his way to level 99. I've already gotten a majority of the items except those acquired with specific characters in endless eclipse so I don't think I actually need the gold for anything.

Casca is pretty average. Griffith is not great but his single :triangle: attack can take chunks from minibosses and bosses. Serpico has a very nice move set in my opinion. Shouldn't have an issue with these guys.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 3:31 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

(Berserk)

I haven't used Wyald, Zodd, or Shierke but I can't see them being as difficult to use as Judeau.

Wyald may be a test of patience. Not terrible due to strength and durability but woof...he's slower than Guts.

Who the fuck play tested Zodd? He swings his weapon as if it were a paperclip while on horseback, but on the ground? You'd think that thing weighed more than a planet. And he dual wields faster in the :triangle: combos with the sword and axe than he does just holding the sword. :S

Shierke is unfortunately just good. Her speed being as bad as it is keeps her from being great. On the plus side she's incredible on horseback and her AoE is the most fun to use of all the characters. Later on though mobs will eat this little girl. The time to cast her combos is too much and against bosses that can interrupt you she's gonna be doing a lot of running away for frenzy charging.

So all in all...Judeau is ass compared to the other characters. It's not even close he's just the worst.

EDIT:

I've now reached the point where everything left deals with endless eclipse. Yay? Should've been a trophy for getting all 8 characters to level 99 because I feel like it's gonna be required for those last 5 floors lol.

EDIT2:

I was so...so...wrong...I'm pretty sure Casca is worse than Judeau. She sucks on the horse since she's slow. Her special is way worse I just didn't realize it on Easy lol. Her charge hits are for shit just like Judeau's though, but her standalone :triangle: does good damage like Griffith's. She's slower on normal attacks and it's the only place she can do well if you're in Frenzy. Judeau is so fast enemies generally don't have a chance to hit him but Casca? I got knocked into a 10 second air raid by a mob of spear wielding enemies. Nearly fucking died because of it despite her defense being the best thing about her.

Guts and Griffith both done for EE now I'm just working on getting everyone to floor 81 while doing all the missions along the way for the 90% horse reward. Hopefully be done in the next 2-3 days depending on how much I play...

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Leon Castle Just to let you know the OP needs to be updated. The total amount of games is 23 not 22.

Also, another stupid game makes 17 lol.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5875-berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk/Avatar_Of_Battle

Updated and fixed.

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

Dynasty Warriors 7

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 9

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (not sure if it counts)

Samurai Warriors 4

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Added. The OP shows what games that count and Gundam don't count.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

A few days ago I finally got platinum on Samurai Warriors 2 Empires HD.

This game was the most painful yet. Took me over 7 years...

That makes Musou Platinum no 52.

Of the non-localized you have only Dynasty Warriors: Online left.

4 minutes ago, Nameless600 said:

Should have 10 (Ultimate Warrior Status)

DW: 6 Empires (First platinum I ever got!!)

DW: 7

DW: 7XL

DW: 7 Empires

DW: 9

DW: Strikeforce

WO: 3

WO: 4

Warriors Legends of Troy

DW Gundam 3

Gundam W only counts for Gundam PP(it's closed now though)

On 2/25/2021 at 5:29 AM, enaysoft said:

It's probably now known as Dynasty Warriors: Offline since the servers closed long ago. :/

So Dynasty Warriors Online's JP servers(Both PC and PS3) are closed now? I only found info about Dynasty Warriors Online's NA servers being closed.

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

So Dynasty Warriors Online's JP servers(Both PC and PS3) are closed now? I only found info about Dynasty Warriors Online's NA servers being closed.

I don't know for sure, but looking at the trophy list and seeing that nobody has earned a trophy in 2 years, I think we can say the servers are not up at the moment.

Now the PP is up to date and has a new Special Award for clearing Persona x Warriors game Persona 5 Strikers and Western Warrior is updated to only count all Unlocalized Warriors but DW Online so anyone that meet the requirement is now given it.

So today I finally got platinum for Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends HD.

Like Empires this game was pretty painful but in a different way. Since each character has 2 secret weapons instead of one, it's like there are double the characters,

Plus I had to grind every single character to a high level and get a decent weapon with each character too before I started going for a weapon. Most were level 20-30 but needed to be at least level 50 (better to be 60-70) No spending cash to upgrade your characters..

Enemies are like bullet sponges on this game and block often, sometimes you can be fighting one officer for 2-3 minutes, and often you spend 15 mins on a stage before for some reason not unlocking the weapon, it's not clear sometimes on this game why or when you fail to do something. They certainly improved the UI and game system a lot in the newer Samurai Warriors games. My save data was about 270 hours.

Well anyway, that makes Musou Platinum no 53. Over 100 hours just for the all weapons trophy.. Samurai Warriors 2 is a fantastic game though, it has ages very well and 60fps on PS3 makes it feel better to play than even base PS4 Warriors Orochi 4.

Completing it just makes me more worried about how Samurai Warriors 5 will turn out since it's an end of an era now, 15 years with all the characters and movesets but now it's all being scrapped.

I fear it is going to be a Dynasty Warriors 6...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Completing it just makes me more worried about how Samurai Warriors 5 will turn out since it's an end of an era now, 15 years with all the characters and movesets but now it's all being scrapped.

I fear it is going to be a Dynasty Warriors 6...

It's main focus is Nobunaga Oda and Mitsuhide Akechi and the game's story ends at Honnōji.

it has less characters then Dynasty Warriors 6's 41 characters but unlike DW6 there's new characters

27 characters with 25 being old or new characters (Nobunaga Oda,Mitsuhide Akechi,Nō,Ieyasu Tokugawa,Hideyoshi Hashiba,Yoshimoto Imagawa and Katsuie Shibata)

samurai-warriors-5-characters.jpg

If anything SW5 has a better reason to cut characters then DW6 did. But the cut characters might show up in DLC or other SW5 games that covers the Toyotomi and Tokugawa reigns.

Who knows maybe they go back to their old movesets then they grow to the age they were in the SW 1-4 games.

We find out how SW5 is then it comes out in summer.