Whoops! Hidden on disc DLC found in Battlefront II

You

2 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I still find all of this drama towards EA pretty fucking amusing.

I've no love for EA after years of sucking up and killing game companies that I loved.

I laughed when I read a user called Kaijudomage on youtube, that said

"Good to see EA's attempt of drilling to the center of the Earth is still on schedule. "

LOL.

Bugs on release, bad PR, awful game design, locked content, gambling. It seems EA are trying to tick all the boxes. Is there anything they haven't screwed up yet which other games have? I'm trying to think.

• Like 1

"We don't want to violate the Star Wars canon" meanwhile you can play as Kylo Ren fighting alongside Darth Maul and Battle Droids and Luke Skywalker and Rey fighting with Clone Troopers. If anything that just comes off as a real flimsy excuse that wasn't even thought out to hide their real intentions. Just because you can customize characters doesn't mean it's going to shatter the delicate lore. It's a video game for crying out loud, and one heavily multi-player focused so it's not like the battles in the multi-player are going to matter to the overall story.

Every other week it's something new with this game and every time I see something about it the more I feel like I dodged a bullet. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least one or two other controversies before the end of the year with many more following until the one year anniversary. It's nice to see all of EA's bullshit catch up to them, and the thing that kicked it off was pissing off Reddit.

Spoiler

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Really, how difficult would it be for DICE to just increase the amount of XP and credits you receive at the end of matches, and/or reduce the cost of crates? I'm not a developer, but would it really be that complicated?

Apparently, yes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7gk67n/are_you_fucking_kidding_me_this_is_honestly/

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7gl7j1/was_sent_an_email_from_ea_to_take_part_in_one_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7gr0qc/first_look_at_the_the_replacement/

https://www.astutegaming.com/single-post/EASPORTSUFC3BETA

• Like 1

It's like watching an 18 wheel truck with no brakes speeding down the highway, swerving to avoid crashing yet hitting every car it passes. Brutal, tragic even, yet I can't stop watching . . .

Btw, I think a pink and black Darth Vader would be sick. Like Bret Hart with a light saber ?

• Like 2

Just because something was found on the disc doesn't automatically mean it's future DLC. Sometimes when devs decide to take something out of a game, it's easier to just hide it, rather than cut it out and try to patchwork the hole together.

There's literally hundreds of examples of this. Just recently a bunch of stuff was found in Bloodborne, no new dlc coming for that lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Just because something was found on the disc doesn't automatically mean it's future DLC. Sometimes when devs decide to take something out of a game, it's easier to just hide it, rather than cut it out and try to patchwork the hole together.

This case in question though.

EA said yesterday that loot boxes were implemented instead of character customisation to prevent things like Pink Darth Vader to not ruin the canon. Even if it's DLC or not, hackers have shown that feature is ALREADY in there, unfinished or not.

EA are just compulsive liars and by their words, loot boxes are official canon.

For years I've argued against people wishing the bankruptcy of Ubisoft simply because they bring out an Assassin's Creed game every year. I've always said that simply because you do not enjoy a game or franchise, that doesn't mean you should wish bankruptcy on a company.

Well, it ends now.

I wisk EA would go bankrupt in the most embarrassing way possible. They're singlehandedly keeping the Star Wars videogame franchise from blossoming while now is the best time ever to bring out dozens of different types of Star Wars games.

Fuck you, EA, with all your greed and lies.

You were supposed to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!

7 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i think chick gamers would dig playing as a pink vader, i wouldnt mind seeing it

Chick gamers? I'm a male and I would mind a pink or purple Vader... Hell, I'd play a pink Boba Fett!

1 hour ago, luckyluscombe said:

Oh no not more issues. I'll probably still pick this up at some point but it will be on the cheap in a year or so.

Make sure to buy it used so EA doesn't get a cent from you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, luckyluscombe said:

Oh no not more issues. I'll probably still pick this up at some point but it will be on the cheap in a year or so.

It's not "issues" with the game, per se. It's that the CFO was lying to us, again. "We can't do cosmetic item loot boxes because canon" was a total lie - they totally could and they have, they just haven't turned the cosmetics on in-game yet! 

The truth that the CFO didn't say is "monetising player power in games is much more profitable than monetising cosmetic items, and randomising player power via loot boxes is much more profitable on top of that too"!

If you do buy it, I would urge you to buy used and do your best to ignore the marketplace. Waiting will also mean that their free DLC will be out too, so you'll get a more complete experience. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This case in question though.

EA said yesterday that loot boxes were implemented instead of character customisation to prevent things like Pink Darth Vader to not ruin the canon. Even if it's DLC or not, hackers have shown that feature is ALREADY in there, unfinished or not.

EA are just compulsive liars and by their words, loot boxes are official canon.

Actually, they said they originally planned on including customizations instead of progression, but that Disney said only if the customizations would be canon so they scrapped the idea. The remnants of that being in the files all but confirms that statement. If anything, it proves they weren't lying.

Edited by KingGuy420

9 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Actually, they said they originally planned on including customizations instead of progression, but that Disney said only if the customizations would be canon so they scrapped the idea. The remnants of that being in the files all but confirms that statement. If anything, it proves they weren't lying.

I can find one post about the first battlefront (2015) but nothing about this with the current one. Do you have any source?