I Must be Terrible

Trugo314

NOOOOOOO! You can do it! I bet if you went back now and tried, you could do it in less than 10 attempts. Sometimes you just need a clear head. I didn't get frustrated because I was share playing the game with a friend (I was the only one playing, but he could see the whole fight) and we were having a good time.

On 13-12-2017 at 4:12 AM, Trugo314 said:

Haaaaahahaha after 57 attempts and a wasted afternoon I gave up haaahahahahaaha

Try the archer armor set. You probably got the full set if you did some exploring/killing in the level.

This was the point in the game that I realised I was carrying armor that was way to heavy for my level. My dodges where too slow and didn't go far enough. And my attacks and blocks drained too much ki.

The archer armor also gives protection to paralyze, which she likes to throw at you. You´re not immune, but it should help a little.

Finally, don´t be affraid to block her attacks rather than dodging everything. As long as you can keep your ki up (remember to use ki pulse) her attacks shouldn't drain too much while blocking. Learn her patterns (she telegraphs most moves quite obviously) and punish her whenever you can.

Edited by Ric

On 12/14/2017 at 5:28 PM, Ric said:

Try the archer armor set. You probably got the full set if you did some exploring/killing in the level.

This was the point in the game that I realised I was carrying armor that was way to heavy for my level. My dodges where too slow and didn't go far enough. And my attacks and blocks drained too much ki.

The archer armor also gives protection to paralyze, which she likes to throw at you. You´re not immune, but it should help a little.

Finally, don´t be affraid to block her attacks rather than dodging everything. As long as you can keep your ki up (remember to use ki pulse) her attacks shouldn't drain too much while blocking. Learn her patterns (she telegraphs most moves quite obviously) and punish her whenever you can.

I just don't think I'm cut out for this game. In Dark Souls you can think about your moves and be a little more careful and use shields, which is what I'm used to. I'm awful at timing dodges and trying to relearn a souls game without a shield. 

5 hours ago, Trugo314 said:

I just don't think I'm cut out for this game. In Dark Souls you can think about your moves and be a little more careful and use shields, which is what I'm used to. I'm awful at timing dodges and trying to relearn a souls game without a shield. 

Fair enough.

If you can get through a couple more bosses and invest at least 10 points in magic, you can get the onmyo magic skill "sloth talisman" (2nd skill on the 2nd row of the onmyo tree). The first tier of this skill enables you to make 2 of them, and there are 3 skills for a total of 6 talismans (you will need to do more dojo missions and get more magic points for the higher tiers). You add them to your inventory by preparing jutsu for onmyo once you've learned the skill.

Casting this on an enemy will slow them a lot. Also works on bosses. Makes dodging a lot easier.

Just in case you want to give it another go sometime :).