Netflix’s Frontier Official Discussion Thread

Remilia Scarlet

Discuss the historical Netflix drama Frontier here. Please tag all spoilers appropriately.

Gotta say, I’m really enjoying Chesterfield’s arc. I wasn’t too sure about him at first but his character development has been fantastic. His passion for his duty to the Crown and his desire to make Fort James safer and a better place to live are commendable.

• 2 weeks later...

For me Frontier is a very interesting show as the setting of eastern Canada during the late 1700's have rarely been showed in main stream media, and I am really glad their involving the fur trade.

That said thought, the execution of the show could have been better as many of the character are stereotypical characters like the Selfless egotistical English ruler with his ruthless 2nd in command general, the cold calculating American, the drunken Irishmens, the young naive mains protagonist trying to find true love, and of course its not a Canadian show is there isn't an obvious Quebecois. And lets face it Jason Momoa basically replaying his role of Kal Drogo from GOT.

So far I've only seen Season 1, but I do hope it gets better by season 2.

Edited by Pershing24