PS VR Free Trial (NA)

Mesopithecus

I was wondering if anyone else has had an email from Sony promoting a free trial to PS VR?  I received the below in my inbox today (code redacted)

I doubt I will claim it as VR gives me motion sickness, but thought it was an interesting promotion.

xsVRRhw.png

Also found some information about this at Gamespot: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-will-send-you-a-ps4-psvr-headset-and-skyrim-t/1100-6455336/

45 minutes ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

Oh, that's cool.

At first I was like, 'what the heck? How are they gonna trial VR?' Then I read "you'll need to provide Sony with a credit card number, which will be charged $300 if you don't return it after the 14 days." lol

Isn't that a bit less than it costs in the store? Or did you guys get great deals last week too?

7 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Isn't that a bit less than it costs in the store? Or did you guys get great deals last week too?

Yeah it costs $450 normally according to that post on gamespot, so that's a pretty good deal. Can't remember what/if anything was on sale last week on the NA store though.

3 minutes ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

Yeah it costs $450 normally according to that post on gamespot, so that's a pretty good deal. Can't remember what/if anything was on sale last week on the NA store though.

Might be they expect some people to keep this set and give them the $300. After all, they don't have to pay stores a percentage this way and they have not much use for a used headset except for E3 demo booths and the likes.

Skyrim hasn't been on sale for sure, but I've seen/heard the headset go on good sales in several countries; bought mine for €160 (regular price €400) and I know @Super-Fly Spider-Guy bought his in Australia for a great deal as well.

4 hours ago, Cubone said:

Might be they expect some people to keep this set and give them the $300. After all, they don't have to pay stores a percentage this way and they have not much use for a used headset except for E3 demo booths and the likes.

Skyrim hasn't been on sale for sure, but I've seen/heard the headset go on good sales in several countries; bought mine for €160 (regular price €400) and I know @Super-Fly Spider-Guy bought his in Australia for a great deal as well.

Everyone who stills sells games here had a good deal, in the end I got the best one out by only about 10 bucks. Skyrim was a pack-in at at least 3 different stores, so it's definitely gonna be on sale sooner than later, having already attained pack-in status apparently, at least here.