Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1L09d145.png

Platinum Blades and Dark Corners 40-platinum.png

You have mastered the City of Dunwall and unlocked all Trophies

As some of you may have already noticed, I hold Dishonored very close to my heart and it is one of my absolute all-time favourites. The simple yet engaging redemption story of the Lord Protector, Corvo Attano, has been one of the best gaming experiences I've had yet. And here and now, I can finally add this trophy to my collection. I've played through it a lot in 2014, but only a month ago I decided to give the DLC a go because I thought, why not. And boy, I was not disappointed! Daud's story was an amazing journey which put everything that Jessamine Kaldwins assassin did into perspective. Revisiting Dunwall has never felt better. The extra powers, weapons, lore, background info: it was all top tier quality. It was a bit too short for my liking though, but then again it still is a DLC. I must say I prefer Brigmore Witches over Knife of Dunwall, because I felt like Daud grew more as a character in his second expansion. He went through great lengths to redeem himself, and save the life of our Empress-to-be, Emily Kaldwin.

I must say, I'm usually more a fan of the high chaos route (I hadn't even done a low chaos playthrough until today!) but the way the dynamic city of Dunwall and its remaing inhabitants respond to your actions was great. Less infected by the plague, more characters who survive, new dialogue that opens up, a genuine feeling of accomplishment and skill. And it was even more satisfying because I couldn't be spotted once, or kill a single enemy. Really intense creeping around corners, or looking through keyholes, to then see a guard or Overseer coming your way. You start panicking and try to escape as soon as possible because you know if he spots you, you have to start over a long chunk, depending on how often you save. I've had this happen many times and thus, looking for alternative routes happened more and more and it felt really good. For example, I remember the Lady Boyle party mission, where you could either go full violent, use the rooftops to remain stealthy, or simply use Possession on a fish and enter through the broken sewer gate to enter via the cellar. So many different paths, so much fun. Ah, I wish I could play through it again from scratch, without any memory of my first experience with Dishonored.

The one thing that gave me nightmares though were the Dunwall City Trials. The DLC itself is not that bad to play, I've had some fun with it, but those trophies... Those who have it will immediately know what I'm talking about. Getting 3 stars on every trial wasn't even the hardest bit to me. It were those miscellaneous trophies such as Daredevil, By My Hand Alone, etc. Not to mention the missions that required virtually no skill but more luck than anything, such as Bonfires (random light spawn), Mystery Foe (random note locations and target), etc. But overall, after some decent amount of trial and error, I succeeded in getting them all in a week or so. The DLC itself is varied enough, and offers a bit of everything for each play style. Stealth, action, speed, and yes, even puzzling. But of course, seeing it is still Dishonored, there are a vast amount of ways to do each mission. More than decent addition, but I would have preferred 3 chapters of Daud instead of 2.

I don't know how many of you have actually read this but if you did, thank you! I'm a very happy gamer today and I wish you all the best of luck with your trophy hunting!

• Like 1

04.jpg

Galaga Legions DX

Difficulty: 5,5-6,5/10 (Considering 5 a fairly difficult game, not the 2-3 everybody seems to put in the difficult place in any game, those rating should be for VERY easy games only in my opinion)

Enjoyment: 10

GREAT game, I've fallen in love with it, very good to play in small sessions. The hardest one for me was completing the game on hard, not the time attack mode. Fantastic gameplay, very fun, somee difficult stages and very rewarding, and with the perfect duration for this kind of games. Can't recommend enough, and it's pretty cherap right now, 5€.

• Like 1

L0f0b8c.pngEPILOGUE

So now, Prince of Persia is 100% complete.

You know, I was going to follow up my initial tangent by asking "What's worse than a game that ends on a cliffhanger? Having DLC that follows up and ends up on a cliffhanger of its own".

But I decided not to, one because I really don't like being negative all the time when I post, especially seeing as to how alot of these games I did have fun with (including this one), and two, the ending for the epilogue was actually more satisfying than the original game.

Granted, I do still wish the ending did wrap itself up, and MAYBE tease a sequel. But, unlike the original, this one did feel a little more concrete, as in, the evil is quelled, if only temporary, and though the situation still looks bleak, we still have hope in the form a new goal. A bit different from the "lets undo everything we accomplished and rerelease the evil as the game ends with the its darkness enveloping the entire screen" the original game was pushing.

So yeah, I have gone from 'indifferent to a sequel' to 'yeah, lets see if Ubisoft will finish what they started'. I guess I'll have to wait and see if these rumors of a new PoP are on the ups.

• Like 1

1L1907a5.png

Perfectionist 40-platinum.png

Awarded all trophies.

Kingdoms of Amalur is such a fun, underrated RPG gem. Truly one of the best western RPG's I've played with some very interesting storylines and concepts. The DLC added some great items and environments (Gravehal Keep!) to the core game, but overall their storylines fell a bit flat to me. Still, I bought them on sale for 6 bucks in total and received 20+ hours of content in return, so I wasn't really disappointed. Such a shame the game didn't do too well, because a sequel would have been great. Loved the classes, combat, exploring, feeling of freedom, etc. Just wish some of the glitches would have been patched, and perhaps the inclusion of mounts as running around, looking for Lorestones became very tedious real quick. But overall, very little to complain about.

Difficulty: 4/10 (Hard Mode was challenging but nothing extraordinary if you're used to a certain degree of difficulty)

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

• Like 2

Final Horizon 

final-h.jpg

Enjoyment: 7/10 

Just completed the dark galaxy DLC to get this game to 100% enjoyed the DLC didn't take long and only cost 1.99 (vita), overall i enjoyed this game and the plat/100% is not very difficult 

The Walking Dead: 400 Days

enjoyment 8/10 

Just completed 400 days on The Walking Dead: Season 1, enjoyed the DLC, but it not as good as the main game which is one of my favorite games of all time. 

Just need to pick up the PS4 version of TWD season one because i need a physical copy of this master piece and it also another plat  :)

Edited by swainey97
  • Like 1

Ld83cb8.png

Pac-Man 256

This game isn't very hard, but it is extremely time consuming. Of the 10 trophies, 8 will come pretty easily. The remaining two require a TON of grinding. I don't mind grinds, but the amount required for this game is quite ridiculous! Since this was F2P on mobile, I imagine I know where most of the microtransactions were focused. It was $4.99, which isn't a bad deal. However, it'd be better off to see if this ever goes free on PS+. I did enjoy it initially and the concept is quite interesting, but the grind turned it into a tedious slog that was extremely boring.

• Like 2

Worms%20Crazy%20Golf.jpg

Hasn't synced here yet, but I finally decided to try and finish up this game after sitting at 95% for more than 4 & 1/2 years.  Aside from a few difficult to reach coins, it was really easy - so much so that I should have done it years ago.  Anyway, that's another game completed to 100%, and a lot of fun was had while doing it. :)

• Like 1

L11bc55.png

Doodle Devil (PS3)

Ugh, this game was so not fun to play. I can see that a few people might actually enjoy playing this but I really did not like playing through this. I got this for free from the PS Store two days ago along with Doodle God and Doodle Kingdom but I don't think I'll start with those two anytime soon.

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 1.5/10