Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Congrats man, great work. Im atm on Level IV in Score Attack, and damn that game is kicking my ass:D

Cheers and good luck to you. Level I will become your best friend, when going for "Insane - No Pick Ups" ... urghh

I've got a couple to share that I've finished in the last few days

OZHxm3B.png

Assassin's Creed Origins

What I said in the platinum thread still stands after finishing the DLC, so click HERE if you're interested in reading what I have to say about Origins. 

HDmyWJA.png

The Station

You know when you spend 200 hours playing one game and want to take it easy before you throw yourself into the next one? This was my taking it easy game. It was a really bizarre experience, it started off so well and threw around some big ideas. What if we discovered a sentient alien race? Would it be a good idea to contact them? What would we learn? What if they were hostile? Could we defend ourselves? 

Unfortunately, the game choose to answer none of those questions. Instead what we get is what's essentially a walking sim/puzzle game around a space station in orbit around an alien planet. We're given some background into the events of the last 17 days that the ships been there, along with what happened to the crew. Unfortunately the audio logs from the crew are seconds long and give little reason to care about their fates. As for the ending, it felt rushed and was all too predictable. The problem with the narrative is, there just isn't enough information and context to be interested in it. 

The games best point is the atmosphere it creates, it's very moody and foreboding and might even give you a couple of scares. Visually, it's pretty but not spectacular but they did do a good job of creating a sci-fi environment. 

Overall, not a bad game but not good either, it's incredibly short and promises more than it can deliver. For me it served its purpose as a breather in between two lengthy games so if that's what you're looking for, or want some easy quick trophies go for it. I'd recommend waiting until it's on sale, for the playtime you get it's worth no more than £3 (around $5) tops. I'm really hoping it gets a prequel one day, the bones of a decent story are there if the devs are willing to put some thought into the narrative.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 5/10 

• Like 1

CounterSpy

L34749d.png

I don't know why I keep playing games that need you to use stealth and/or a tactical approach, I'm so bad at them since my approach to games is normally more "Leerooooooooy Jenkins" (I promise I don't do it in multiplayer though....)

So when I started this game, I thought "I'll never manage to 100% this", given I was dying horribly all the time, and every level took like 6 or 7 restarts for me to complete.  Which isn't because the game is hard, only because I'm bad.  And that was at the starting level, and there were two more difficulties to go.

But as it turns out, harder difficulties aren't actually that much harder.  And the game is actually a lot easier if you go for the approach of "go in, get what you can, kill if needed", rather than "go in, kill them all, get all the things".  So many encounters that could be avoided with a stealth approach I just died in because I was like "shoot the explodey things and take out a couple, then keep shooting until I die or they do, whichever is first (normally me)".

If you're more tactical in your approach to games than I am, you'll probably find this game fairly easy, and can do the 100% within a day, as even though you need to complete it on each of the three difficulties, none of them are very long, and can be done in about an hour each if you aren't stupid about your approach and need to keep restarting.  One thing though - use Formulas.  I didn't realise how much benefit they were until I'd finished my Normal playthrough.  It's more important to have them than to buy all the Weapons (which, you shouldn't buy them all, only the three you'll use (plus the default)), especially on later difficulties when you will absolutely need Precision Aim if nothing else.

Gameplay (and how bad I am at it) aside, I thought this was a very stylish and unique game, and am happy to have played it.  It's got a kind of old Bond movie feel to it, and I really enjoyed the game itself when I wasn't being stupid at it.  If you want 100% in it though, you'll need to start before June 1st (2018), as there's a trophy that requires an online connection (the trophy itself is really easy).  Everything except that one trophy can be done offline though.

Edited by Kristycism
forgot game title
  • Like 3

La511ee.png

Another indie from a few people that like to think they're smarter than they are. Most people that got through high school could explain how we perceive colours via the cones in our eyeballs picking up different wavelengths of light. But nah, best make a game and try to sound all philosophical. Game was meh, just happy to have another one off the log.

• Like 1