Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

15 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

100% #127

First downloaded this in January 2015, played 3 or 4 rounds then got sidetracked and totally forgot about it.

Then I saw the posts about the servers shutting down and decided to give it a crack... finished it at 12:42 am on the 24th, somehow managing to get #28 on the fastest achievers, lol

That awesome man! It's really fun game. It's really unfortunate that studio shut down year ago. Would have loved more games from this studio!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L09e2e0.png

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Current completion percentage: 34.88%

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 2/10

As far as walking sims go, I didn't enjoy this one as much as Gone Home or Everybody's Gone to the Rapture; that is, until I listened to the director's commentary.  (There's a related trophy.)  Interesting stuff went into making this game, and some of the details regarding the landscape would have been lost on me without the commentary.  It's also considered the pioneer of the walking sim genre, which I didn't know.  Good stuff.

• Like 2

King Oddball on Vita is my latest non-platinum 100%. What a fun little game that was! Although having to play all levels a total of 3 times was maybe a bit too much of a good thing, so I am not too sure if I want to repeat it on the PS4 any time soon.

I have also started Furmins, another recent PS+ Vita game. That one has been fun as well so far and it looks to be a lot shorter.

• Like 1

L40da97.png

Tokyo Jungle

This simple, arcade game was decent. The concept of it is interesting, surviving as different animals to hunt, mate, hide from prey. I had a more enjoyable time playing as hunting animals, though I wish there was a more inuitive system of checking where food was instead of pausing it to check food locations every couple minutes. The “combat” was clunky and frustrating at times, especially in the later stories with boss animals. Stealth, a necessity when hiding from prey, was executed very poorly, specifically during the story missions. The trophies for 100% weren’t to difficult as you can save scum if you were going for the “Can Do Creature” trophy and surviving for 100 years (100 min in real time) is easy with the robot characters. 

Score: 7/10

100% Difficulty: 4/10

• Like 1

L34749d.png

Never got around to playing this when it came out, even though I bought it... heh. The servers closing made me pick it up so I could do 100%. Even though they're still up a few days [so far] after the announced date. *shrug*

It's... a mixed bag for me. I would love this, if not for some inherent design problems. Like the inability to move the screen at all. You can't see enemies you approach, and often times you get spotted just walking through a door. And there's nothing you can do about it since it's procedurally generated. The difficulties all felt like normal's later levels. So it wasn't really too bad difficulty wise, but it was tedious due to the problems with the game. The little red indicator to show you where enemies are facing didn't really help fix the problems at all. They often overlap so you can't even really tell anyway.

If they just let you look around with the right stick, or alternatively and arguably better option would've been to just keep the camera positioned in the angle it is when you enter cover. You can still walk on a 2D plane, but then you could always aim properly in 3 dimensions as necessary to kill enemies.

The amount of things they screw you over for in this game are pretty ridiculous. It's really hard to be stealthy in it since it punishes you for it. You need to find the terminals to make progress, but you don't even hack them as a proper spy would you smash them. Which makes enemies alert to you being there, which means you can't leave the room without lowering your meter thing which basically acts as extra lives if you die. So you're forced to take care of enemies, since they never lose interest in you.

I just don't get why the game was designed how it was. Maybe if the camera problems were fixed, and the controls. Often times I wouldn't roll out of cover properly or even enter it. And animations for things last so long that you end up getting tracked by cameras [which decreases your meter thing insanely fast]. It's just annoying honestly.

Could've been great, but it wasn't. Got a funny glitch though.

• Like 2

MonsterBag

L75f354.png

I find it amusing I've gotten 100% in two games back to back that have similar title structures. Two words, no space, capital letter on the second. Second word is 3 letters.

Anyway, this was super cute. I got it ages ago, can't remember if I bought it or got it from PS+ lol. But, I'm happy to finally get around to it. It was good. It reminded me of Murasaki Baby in many ways. Great visuals and animation, I really enjoyed the music. And I really enjoyed the story, it was sweet.

It has interesting puzzles, though I felt some of the controls were wonky like turning something with a circular motion. Felt a bit unresponsive compared to what I was doing. A few of the trophies took a bit more effort than I was expecting, but I managed to do it after understanding what the guide was talking about. took a fair few tries though. But it was relatively easy anyway.

• Like 1

L173194.png

This game was pretty fun, but it can get really annoying. If you've seen my status updates on it then you know that already. But, basically some of the levels require some ridiculous precision to do properly. And it gets really tedious to do the same level for 20-30 minutes when you know the solution but it just doesn't want to work. It really needed more leeway in these levels. I'd say it was about 5 or so total in the whole game. There are also levels with little paddles that shoot your Furmins around (or objects like balls). And those can get annoying for the candies, or in World 8 just really annoying in general. In World 8 you've got low gravity and a few of the levels required you to just fling yourself around until you hit the goal and/or got the candies. Doing the time trials and getting candy on those was really frustrating.

I think if they just let you zoom in it wouldn't have been so bad in those few levels. I did most levels without the need of a guide for speed or the candies, but some of them stumped me. And at least one made me feel dumb for not thinking of the solution. lol

• Like 2

On 6-6-2018 at 6:32 PM, Elvick_ said:

This game was pretty fun, but it can get really annoying

Heck yes. I just completed it too. Overall it was pretty fun, but my word some of those levels were just insanely annoying. The last level in the bonus world was an awful way to finish, because trying to position the final jump pad took me a good half hour or so. My thick fingers on a sensitive touch screen is not a great combination.

• Like 1

100% Nioh. It is a fun game. The beginning was rough, getting to know the game and everything that kills you easily was a.. learning experience ?but once you recognise the attack patterns of the enemies it isn't too hard to get the platinum and the 100%. Some bosses and most enemies have forward strikes that you can dodge by dodging forward. Which automatically leads to being behind the back of the enemy and you can exploit that tremendously with a simple kingo set. Yes, you need to forge, reforge and soul match your armor constantly. To avoid soul matching costs being too high, I usually replaced my armor pieces with found ones or forge some at the beginning of a new playthrough. Also using Suzaku with moment talismans staggers most bosses with ease, allowing you to do a lot of damage before the boss can do something.  With the ethereal armor pieces i got from way of the nioh difficulty (also kingo set),  I literally flew through all of the missions on way of the demon which was needed for the hardest trophies. Never tried dark souls before or bloodborne before so I can't say anything about comparing those to nioh. Most opinions are about the fact that the games are quite similar and hard. Let's see about that after I am done with Bloodborne ?

• Like 1

L12bad9.png

Enjoyment - ???/10
Difficulty - 3/10

Let me explain why it's difficult for me to give this an actual enjoyment rating.... it made me feel a lot of twisted emotions. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
The game itself is great. Nothing is terribly challenging, unless you're really bad at rhythm games, then there will be one trophy which might elude you: Healing Hero. But even if you're mediocre at rhythm games, you'll be fine. You may also miss a couple collectibles here and there, but the game offers chapter select after you're finished with the story, so nothing is truly missable.
They do some really fun things with classical music in this game as well, at least with the taxicab parts. That was quite enjoyable.
History was always my least favorite subject in school, so my knowledge of any historical event is probably lacking compared to most people, but I feel like I learned a lot with this game. The historical facts (which you need to at least open for a few seconds each for a trophy) and the tidbits tied to the historical items were very informative.

Also, any game that lets you pet a dog automatically gets points.

• Like 2

Lf135bb.png

Knock-Knock

Enjoyment - 2.5

Difficulty - 4.0

After having this sit at 4% for the last 1.5 years, I finally finished it thanks to using it for Camp Wannalottplat.
When I first played it, I had no idea what was going on. The game gives basically no instruction apart from how to navigate the woods, open doors, turn on lights, and hide. It gives you no indication on how you actually advance the game or what the general goal is. This is why the difficulty is higher than it should be and the enjoyment is so low. I'd prefer to have a game like Final Fantasy XIII where the first couple hours feel like a tutorial than no instruction whatsoever on a game where it's not intuitive what you're supposed to be doing.
That aside, actually had a bit of patience to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing. And then it was pretty simple. Still not very enjoyable though.
I think if you're the kind of person that likes atmospheric horror and jump scares (I'm not), this might be a more enjoyable game.... if you can actually figure out WTF is going on.

• Like 1