• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% #29 NBA 2K19 The Prelude (PS4)

L883d18.png

Date Achieved:  31 August 2018

100% Completion: ~40-41% atm

Enjoyment: 4.5/10

Heey a new year, a new basketball prelude.

So atleast the story ain't this year as cringe worthy as previous year.

But the glitches are way worse then I remembered, alot of stuttering, characters walking into other characters and it's still ugly.

And also why does my chinese made character don't know chinese sigh.

• Like 1

XppP1oN.png

I bought this since it looked similar to The Station which I played a while back and generally enjoyed. The gameplay is mostly the same in that you walk around and interact with objects to solve puzzles and get places but the similarity ends there. 

The premise is you've abandoned your hometown where crime and poverty are prevalent, and head North searching for asylum and a better life in the hope that one day, you can reunite with your sister who you've left behind in the South. It feels very much like a commentary on the struggle of real world refugees. The point is empathised that getting to the North wasn't easy, our protagonist needed to cross a long, hot desert to get here and when he does reach his destination, he has no idea what to do and he's all alone. It feels deliberately abstract and confusing which was a nice touch. 

During the game you'll find your flat, filled with roomies in various states of despair that's brought across visually rather than through dialogue. You'll get yourself a job and experience a brief transformation from a bleak, dystopian, soulless city to running through a colorful labyrinth while synth-pop pounds in the background. Leaving work and heading back to the city actually feels like a major comedown after that. 

There's a handful of puzzles to solve too in order to gain asylum, but nothing difficult. The game admits itself that it's short before it begins and therefore no save files are present which is unique at least. I think unique is the best way to describe this game overall, or at least it's unique in the the way the game chooses to go about delivering it's theme. 

I feel like this would be a hit or miss for most players. The point the game tries to make through the letters you send your sister and complete lack of direction may well fly over the head of some players who don't want to look that deeply into the meaning, for those who do grasp it, it'll at the very least give you something to think about once the game is over which is never a bad thing. 

Overall...

+ Good cyberpunk atmosphere

+ Has a point to make and makes it well

+ Lack of save files forces your attention and focus

+ Easy enough that it can serve as a quick boost to your trophy hunting stats

+ Low price negates the length of the game

- Twitchy first person view

- Could've used some more activities and items to interact with

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 2

L097f89.png

Super Kids Racing 100% (30 minutes, 29 seconds)

Even by the pathetically low standards of its developer, this game is awful. I couldn't figure out how to play anything but the first track. I think it's impossible to lose a race unless you simply stop - you run about 2x-3x as fast as any of your competitors. Your car looks like it glides on the road.

I picked this up for $.99 at the most recent sale, and it's not even worth that. I find it hilarious that this is in a sale called "Playstation Picks". What moron picked this piece of crap?

• Like 1

Sd3a943.png
All 19 Trophies
7th September 2018  Completed in 5 years, 6 months

30 (0.15%)100% COMPLETED

16Safb88b.png G.O.A.T 
Complete all Challenge levels to Platinum standard

0.19%
ULTRA RARE40-silver.png

Never thought that I would get 100% on this but I was trying to get some of them to make my trophy stats look better and all of a sudden I only had GOAT left and decided at least try it... and Voila

• Like 2

drVjoaF.png

Inside

I feel like this is fairly well known so I'll keep it short. As far as puzzle platform games go this is probably the best I've played in recent memory. The premise is you're a young boy, who appears to either be on the run, or maybe even mounting a rescue mission, the story is completely open to your own interpretation. Standing between you and your destination are a series of puzzles that can be solved by pushing boxes around to create platforms, evading guards, finding ways to activate buttons and more. 

As you move throughout the world you'll pass through forests, factories, mines and underwater sections. As much as I loved the environment and scenery I'm not a huge fan of underwater sections in games (I blame Sonic and SMNT) and there was a bit too much of that for my liking. Also, while the puzzles are clever and well designed, nothing was too challenging which left me a little disappointed though that could be a good point for some people.

Although it's possible to 100% the game before the end, I highly recommend you stick with it until the ending. It's weird, awesome and fun all at once. I didn't know what the hell to make of the ending but it does leave the entire game open to so many different theories about what's going on. Like my previous 100% North, it left me thinking about the game after I had finished it, it's great when games pull that off. 

If you're not interested in any of the above and just want a few quick trophies go right ahead. With a guide and without breaks the game can be finished in around 2 hours depending on how fast you are, give or take a few minutes either way. 

+ Generally great level design

+ Excellent visuals and atmosphere

+ Memorable ending

- Loses some momentum midway through

- Expensively priced (15.99 on UK store) for a short game, try to get it on sale instead

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 3

spacer.pngFor some reason, I can't post the image of this game, which is just fine by me.

The Unknown City: Episode 1

Speaking of things like "hit detection", "hit boxes" or even "recoil" is pointless in a shooting game this bad. Jumping does nothing...unless you brush up against an obstacle, in which case your character leaps tall buildings. I got caught up on the environment over and over...despite the fact that often, there was no environment to get caught up on. Enemies do random damage to you. You can fire hundreds of bullets into an enemy and not kill it, but if you pause after each shot, no enemy takes more than 10 shots to kill. Let's not forget the "voicework" (which is nothing more than the computerized voices you hear when you read back text on a computer). 

As a turd cherry on this feces cake, after picking up the final piece of the golden gun, a cut scene ensued, and I was attacked by a monster during the cutscene. When I spawned for chapter 4, I had -320% health, and died immediately. I never actually finished the game. I think I saw some red monster on a roof - maybe that was the Demon Lord?

Without hyperbole, I think this might be the worst game I've ever played.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

Lf18afd.png

Mahjong World Contest (EU)

Difficulty: 3/10

Current rarity: 29.59%

I was hoping this would be similar to my first Mahjong game, with a relaxed play style, and simply clearing boards to obtain trophies, but no.  Each level has three challenges: one is always to clear all golden tiles, and the other two are either to clear the board in a certain amount of time, earn a certain amount of points, or clear the board in a certain amount of moves.  The later levels are difficult to achieve three stars (one for each challenge), but thankfully the first two boards are fairly easy, once you get a handle on the controls.  Also thankfully, you only have to earn a three-star rating on 30 of 120 levels to earn the trickiest trophy.  No complaints, though, once I accepted the game for what it is.  I purchased a bundle of two, so I'll be playing at least one more Mahjong game.  But not for a while.

• Like 2

100% game #120 Unmechanical Extended (ps3)

completed in 1 day and 4 hours

completion rate 20.89% uncommon

would of had this earlier but naps, real life things can cut into gaming time and i got stuck on the TV puzzle so i lost time off that. i hate that tv puzzle so much :(. at least i won't have to tackle the other platform yet so the next game will be jak and daxter for the vita.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3692-rory-mcilroy-pga-tour/ProjectWNC

Absolute pain in the rear end this game!

The night challenges were buggy as hell, I'd complete one course and move on to the next (there's only 3 by the way) and half way through that course i'd see all my progress was lost on the previous course! These courses were about 60 challenges each. Pissed off central! Happened on more than 1 occasion too!