Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L7b0a1f.png

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (PS3)

It was my first time playing this game and I was honestly kinda impressed, especially since it's a 22 year old game. I'm sure the remaster helped its graphics a lot, but it played surprisingly well too. Not sure why it didn't get that good of reviews, I didn't have any major issues with it aside from one freeze. Glad I claimed it on PS+ however long ago that was since it's not even on the Store anymore. Guess there's the PS4 version, though.

• Like 4

100% #43: Azkend 2

La25fa2.png

Pleasant match-3 puzzle game, I'm not a big fan of this kind of games but I still enjoyed it.

100% is pretty easy, once taken the hand is just a matter of patience.
The trophies are a varied mix of things, you have to get at least 40 medals in the levels (originally you had to get all of them, and there it would be tough, because the advanced levels are way more hard), and other things.
The hardest trophy for most people is "Exact-o-Matcher", but actually I got it without too much effort.

And for 2018 I'm done. See you again in 2019! ?

• Like 2

Le57482.png

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

73L30d81e.png

1000000%

Finally finished, after waiting a year; screw Nicalis for neglecting the console versions so terribly. In spite of some really questionable design choices, like the random floor curses, Isaac remains one of my favorite games ever, and would make my list of "desert island" games for certain. Still, I took the last trophy's advice, and forced myself to uninstall it nowthe final DLC will probably never release on PS4 at this rate, and I've got to play my enormous backlog eventually.

• Like 2

Ldc80be.png

I'm a child. This was a bit too childish for me though. Not the theme or the show, but just the game itself. I'm about to over analyze a game for little kids, so buckle up or scroll on. The entire concept of a "child's game" is ridiculous to me. I didn't grow up on hand holding this severe, I grew up on games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros, games with failure.

You can make more accessible games for children that are still fun for everyone. This game doesn't really do that. There's nothing enherently wrong about the game. It's a 2D platformer, with gameplay that serves the purpose. But it's so simplistic that it doesn't even allow you to walk off a ledge and do a double jump, to be fair they referred to this as "jump higher" not a double jump... but still. So you can't get to a platform directly below you by walking off the above ledge and jumping into it. Okay fine. But, they also don't let you die. There's no consequence. You walk from point a to point b. With some jumps between.

A game that I kept thinking of how they should have done it was Kirby's Epic Yarn. That game is accessible to all, there's no progression punishment for dying. You fall in a pit, you get right back out. The only punishment is that you lose your gems [or whatever they were; it's been awhile]. This made people complain it was "too easy", but for me it was fun. Sure it was easy, but if you thought that game was easy play this and you'll understand why Epic Yarn is a good game. I wouldn't call this bad, but it's what would definitely qualify as a "baby game".

There's a specific part in, I believe it was the final level, there's two platforms on trees to jump on. There's a pit below them. And there's a board to prevent you from falling in the pit. So you could just walk across the gap instead of jump. When I saw this, I thought... "I wonder if they designed this with some hazards and had to cover them up?" Because there are also moments where you call a friend for help [Skye 100% of the time; the pink girl dog :P] and she'll fly over in her helicopter and drop a log on a gap. A gap that you can easily double jump across. You can literally jump over the log she places. Was that what  happened here? Did they intend you to jump it and then someone said, "no no, this is for babies."? It seems that way. There's also parts where you pull up a platform so you can jump on a ledge, but you could just double jump it as well. If you try you are forced to fall in the pit, then automatically are stuck in place so you can choose the correct option to progress. In a very Dora the Explorer fashion. But, on the plus side with this, after it introduces you to something the first time and tells you what it does [thus tells you what to pick] it then asks you "which should you choose to progress". Which respects a child's intelligence, which is a bit refreshing to be honest.

The level design is almost entirely linear. Some of the later levels really added some verticality to the, "second path". But it didn't really make it any less boring to go through. The main issue with the boredom stems from the deafening silence. You hear nothing while playing. The dogs don't make noises when they jump, nothing. But you do hear this little boy endlessly droning on. He talks so often that he often cut himself off to tell you more about how you should collect all the treats. I had to mute him, because it's just so annoying. But I actually wanted to know the setup for the levels, so had to keep subtitles on. And those in gameplay will obstruct your view. :| Makes looking out for the treats more tedious than need be.

There's the essence of something I'd love, the inner child would love. The way the dogs climb ladders is adorable, the doggy paddle underwater is cute. The dogs are cute as hell. It's a game I could've loved, had it been more like the publishers other games. On their site they said they want to make good "family" games... nobody in a family is going to like this other than the 3 year old, and even then they may prefer a better game if they are given it instead.

I just don't see why a game "for kids" has to be so drastically dumbed down. There are sections with mazes for two of the dogs [one uses his nose to 'get through' the other his ears] and if you dn't use their ability, the game instructs you how to do so over and over. These mazes are simple. I've played more complex mazes on a cereal box. I'm serious, and I was good at mazes as a very little kid. I loved those things in fact. So if it were 5 year old me, I'd be telling you to shut up too.

There's a lot going on as far as the ability pool goes, I think the best parts of the game are the swimming, flying and snowboarding sections. All of which are on rails, the 'hazards' [birds, clouds, fish, seaweed, snowmen, trees, etc] don't really do anything but slow you down if you hit them. Which doesn't matter, it's not like there's a timer. In flying and swimming, you move up and down. In snowboarding you just jump over things. But those were the most exciting parts. And the last swimming section actually had moving treats and a badge, which was shocking. So you could maybe not get all 200 treats and have to replay something. o:

It's just kind of disappointing after the other games I played from the same publisher. Two of which were from this same developer. And those were games you can say are "for kids" too. (Ben 10, Adventure Time, Hotel Transylvania 3) and all those offered more depth than this does. And while the excuse of "it's just for little kids" can excuse the way it's designed... why can't it have had a bit more going on? It would have been more fun for those kids who play it too. It didn't need to be insanely hard or frustrating, just give something. Regulate Skye to pull dogs out of a pit if you fall in them and she can take you to the other side of said pit if they really want to be that forgiving with it. Kids deserve good games too. Again, I wouldn't say this is bad per say... but it is very much what it is; a child's game. But it's time to redefine what that means, damn it. Just because something is aimed at kids doesn't mean it has to be devoid of substance.

All that said... I did like it somewhat. But it was a bit hard going without voices, since it's just so silent otherwise. But with the voices on, that kid just talks too much. If he reacted to how you played then it would make sense. If you found all 200 treats in the first level, disable his every 5 treat statement about collecting all the treats... something. But I think I've talked about this game enough.

• Like 2

#120 - 100%

L37529a.png

100% on 2nd January 2019
(11 months, 3 weeks, 2 days)

I would like to thanks "*********Legend" for reminding me that I have this game in my backlog and @BIGBLOCKCHEVYGUY for helping in all multiplayer trophies. :yay: "PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate" may be challenging in every boss battle but it start to feel repetitive when I reach level 4 and not to mention I hate the collectibles save system. :( 

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate Platinum Video...sort of :giggle:
Spoiler

• Like 1