Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

completed game #134 Home (ps4)

finished in 5 hours and 5 minutes

completion rate 21.35%

onto black mirror (ps4). then i will have to find something to use for my backlog.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

Le0c901.png

Another World

100%, All 13 Trophies.

I did not know what to expect from this game. I wanted to reduce my backlog and thought I start with some of the older free psplus games I never bothered to play. First impression was that this game was shit. Nonsensical mechanics, nothing is explained, shitty checkpoint system, terrible controls, and of course you die in one hit, preferbly the instant you switch screens. I thought to myself who programmed this shit, but then I found out that this game is an anniversary edition from the very early 90s, meaning this game is freaking older than me even. So with this game coming from an age when games ranged between 10-30 minutes if you knew them, were artifically prolonged and it was a time before people had game design figured out in any way, I knew it would save me a lot of time to just not bother too much with it and look into a guide. With the guy who made the video saying that this game takes hours to get done if you haven't played it before because what you have to do is often devoid of any logic, not to mention the controls and often not working shield mechanic, I knew i made the right decision.

I can't recommend this game to many people. It is ancient and it shows in every way. I got it for free and it had the decency to be short enough so I do not regret playing it, but for me this game is nostalgia gone wrong. Chances are that only the most hardcore of early 90s game fans will find this enjoyable, especially without a guide because the game is basically all trial and error from start to finish.

• Like 2

100% game #136 Plants Vs Zombies (ps3)

completed in 4 years and 8 months

completion rate 7.38%

took the whole day. followed draco's cobless build #2 and with some luck and enough spikes i just conquerored 41 flags, going back to lego marvel avengers (ps3) in the morning.

• Like 1

L49d9ec.png

Grow Home

100%, all 19 Trophies.

Well this was a fun little game. You play a little robot that grows a planet plant higher and higher, connecting it with floating islands and making your way up to your ship. You explore the tiny islands, some small caves, scan creatures and make your plant grow until it blooms near your ship. You can collect crystals to become more mobile and make moving around a hell of a lot easier. It was a pleasant experience and I completely forgot the time while playing it. It was a short game, prolonged slightly by a few grind trophies, but nothing problematic. The only downside are the controls and the fact that the leaf you glide with is pretty shit, making some locations difficult to reach. There was a trophy called Brundle Meep, you got that one by going into the teleporter while holding a meep, a sheep like creature. The ai voice talking with you also warned you not to use the teleporter while a fly was in it with you because it would make things "complicated". That was a nice little reference to a great movie. I got the game for free back then with psplus, but it is rather cheap in the store and I would have considered it a good buy in any case despite its short length because it was something new to me.

• Like 1

100% #45: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Difficulty: 2/10

L441bda.png

I don't particularly like Far Cry games but I really wanted to do this one in particular because I love the 80s style/atmosphere. The game was pretty fun and the OST is just pure gold damn! I definitely recommend it, also you don't need to have played Far Cry 3, since it's a stand-alone expansion, just in case you're wondering.

Nothing much to say about the trophies, just play the story and then do the secondary stuff. Really easy. 

Now it's time to play Kingdom Hearts II, I planned its plat to be my 3.500 trophy for the milestone, so let's go!  :D 

• Like 2

L592b00.png

it was alright. I like the artstyle, the story was pretty silly but it amused me. Gameplay would be fine, if they had designated a button to each weapon rather than cycling through them. Some levels were huge difficulty bumps. The stupid drunks in the game were especially annoying as you aren’t supposed to hit them or they hit you with beer. And it does a lot of damage. Combine that with knights who you can only damage with the spear and seas of enemies that block your slow ass spear and it gets annoying after awhile. 

49 glitched on me, my retry let me just beat the dragon to finish with 3 stars. When you’re supposed to fight two of the previous bosses in the game in the mission. One of which is the most annoying to beat, a troll. Thank goodness as getting above 50% health would’ve been a nightmare. 

Repetitive, but some fun to be had. Best played in small bursts. 

• Like 1

100% game #137 Gnomes Garden 2 (ps4)

completed in 22 hours and 58 minutes

completion rate 32.68%

time to aim for the sky in getting some leaderboard ranks, probably wont gain too much but it's a start.

Edited by kingdrake2

L0ef248.png

Since I didn't fast forward my settings at all it took longer than needed, but it was interesting to see how many patches would come out in the time I started to the time I finished. There's not a lot to do in the game, so it's a bit of a snooze. I do find some of the dialog amusing, and I love the way the water looks. It's really stylized and pretty. And I also like the ground textures, also highly stylized textures. It's got a nice visual flair. I waffle on the character design, I did end up with the blue/red skin of the playable lizard and like it more than the bland green default.

It was free, so can't complain too much and they did fix the issue I was having with quests literally within 24 hours of having started the game. After that it was pretty much smooth sailing for me. (and they fixed other glitches people mentioned too).

One thing this game has over every other 'sim' (or farming) game I've been playing lately, even the much better games (Farm Together <3) is that you can angle things. So you can place a chair at an angle. So you get more placement freedom which is nice. I guess Deiland did let you place just about anywhere, but it was really cumbersome to actually accomplish. Still true compared to Farm Together and Castaway Paradise (the most comparable game, since both of them are basically Animal Crossing).

I think there's potential for it to not be so meh, hopefully they stick through the early access and add more compelling things to do. And for those who think the fish minigame in this is bad you should see Deiland's fishing minigame.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3

L900032.png

LEGO Dimensions on the PS4

Ldbdc81.png

The Simpsons Level Pack

La703b5.png

Back to the Future Level Pack

L365a04.png

Portal Level Pack

Lfb7a99.png

Doctor Who Level Pack

L83b4e5.png

Ghostbusters Level Pack

L883528.png

Midway Arcade Level Pack

L35bb8c.png

Adventure Time Level Pack

La185c4.png

Ghostbusters (2016) Story Pack

Lc2ec73.png

Mission: Impossible Level Pack

L1db41f.png

Fantastic Beasts Story Pack

Le33c33.png

Sonic Level Pack

L1509dd.png

The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack

Ldf3da8.png

Goonies Level Pack

100%
4 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes

Making me the second fastest 100% for the PS4. ?

• Like 1

100% game #139 Gnomes Garden: New Home (ps4)

completed in 2 days and 11 hours

completion rate 23.73%

game is utter insanity, constant retry's. plenty of times where it comes close to the teeth of finishing. feels like the japan version of super mario bros 2 but with this game.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

Got Shadow of the Tomb Raider back to 100% when I finally finished the latest DLC by getting the score and time attack trophies. I really didn't like this tomb and I had been putting off getting those trophies but in the end they weren't that bad. Got the score attack one easily on the first attempt and time attack on the second attempt.

• Like 1

L2e8509.png

FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES DLC TROPHY PACK 2

This pack had only one trophy, which is kind of a pity. I like Comrades' gameplay and would've liked to get more new stuff in it.

I think that defeating Kenny Crow was significantly easier than downing the dastardly bastardly duo of Ardyn and Ravus in the last trophy pack. That said, I'm not sure how drawn-out the battle would end up being if I did it offline with AI members; now I beat the crow online with two real players.

Lad2af2.png

FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE ARDYN

This DLC was short, as could be expected, but the gameplay was pretty nice. Ardyn was quite overpowered, though!

When I started the game, I thought I wouldn't be getting the overall A+ rank on my first try, but that's just what happened (I played my first round on Easy). It was pretty satisfying  to see all those A+s filling the chart with no As or Bs in the mix, because frankly, I thought I took quite a lot of damage at times. Maybe the fun yellow safety helmet I wore throughout the campaign helped! Seriously, that headgear made the weighty scenes humorous. Is it bad to say that that silly hat was my favourite thing in this DLC? Haha!

Online, I saw people talking about it how Flesh Fortifiers and Muscle Stimulants are of a great help, but I couldn't find any (bar one of each that could be picked up in the beginning when you weren't in the city yet). Where do people collect these things? x'D Not that it matters anymore, I just wonder.

Anyway, with this DLC I guess the FFXV will finally wrap up for good. Bye bye, Fifteen, it was nice to play you.

• Like 2