Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

FLOW (PS3)

L3bf137.png

Enjoyment:   7/10

Difficulty:     3/10

The trophy guide says you can complete this game in about 3 to 6 hours but it only took me 9 years and 2 weeks. I bought this game around the same time as Flower and though I loved the latter, I thought this game was just okay… Cue me not playing it for years and then forgetting about it. That is until 2021 when I started cleaning up my PS3 backlog. I was afraid the game would be deleted from the store so it was finally time to complete it. That and I needed a light game after finishing the massive grind that is Black Ops 2.

And this time, I really liked it. In Flow, you control the character with the Sixaxis and you basically eat food and go down layers until you get to the end where you unlock a new character and do it again. If you get hit by an enemy you get put back to the previous layer. It’s a simple concept and a simple game. The levels are relatively short and the game is meant to be very relaxing and the music most of all succeeds in this aspect. Seriously, look it up, it’s incredibly zen ?.

I think the mistake I made the first time was wanting to rush through it. On this occasion I took my time with the game and enjoyed it much more. I just went for the trophies one at a time and most can be gotten in about twenty minutes. Doing it this way, it really is a relaxing game.

Almost all trophies ask you to complete a campaign in a certain way, for example in a certain time or without eating anything. Because of the trophy rarity, I was afraid this would be a difficult game, but I got all trophies within my first few tries. The trophy for eating all of the advanced creatures without eating any food can be difficulty but you just have to be careful and take it slow. There is an excellent guide in the comments from Superbuu3 which I used throughout the game :highfive:.

All in all, for a game I didn’t enjoy when I first played it, I was surprised by how much I liked it when playing it now. It’s a fun relaxing game to play between the more dedicated and intense games you’re going for.

Edited by Boomshanks
  • Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch Dogs®: Legion - Bloodline
Completion was earned on 11th Aug 2021

Time - 10h
Difficulty - 1/10

Holy Mick Foley. That was one of the best DLC's I've ever played and I didn't play much DLC's. Glad to see that Aiden's story wasn't buried back in '14. Finally understanding his mind after Jackson's sister passing is frightening yet so interesting. Everyone who is planning to buy WD Legion, should take also season pass for that DLC.

Edited by Baranov_925
  • Like 1

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition.

I've played it before actually, at a time when trophies were the last thing on my mind so it took like half a year and I didn't 100% it. This time I did and while it was mostly fun in one way or another... This has got to be the most overrated game I've ever played. I loved the writing. Literally loved it, in polish especially. I'm polish and the amount of references, subtle cultural nods, the things that only polish people would understand, the way they're written and voice acted is incredible. The first time I've played it, I've played it in English and while I'm sure there were some things in the English version that I might have missed or misunderstood, this is the only game I've played that's simply inferior in English. Unfortunately, when the the writing ends, the gameplay begins and that's when the magic dies. Combat is... Fine, I guess? Just an uninspired loop of dodge and attack, even on death march difficulty. I don't even mind that. What I mind is the structure of both main and side quests. You accept a quest in one way or another. You go to a location. You follow the red trail. You kill the enemy. Want a twist? The trail of the red monster footprints leads you to a red trail of human footprints. Unless he used perfume or drank some wine. If he did, you get a trail of red mist. This would've been  fine for a 20h game, but in a game of this scope, it gets old very quickly. I really like that the writers took the time and effort to write a fun and compelling story for each and every side quest, but it feels like their efforts were ruined by whoever was in charge of game design. By the time I started the first dlc, I was so tired of the game that it became a chore. Then it was time for the 2nd dlc. I didn't like the story, knights, virtues and shining armors are not my cup of tea... But there's Regis. Loved his personality, his voice, his relationship with Geralt. Guess what color were his footprints, when he disappeared during a very charming and dlc-saving-for-me final scene. If the gameplay is mediocre, at least it shouldn't interfere with great writing. I'm sure people who are more into this kind of fantasy setting than me have a vastly different opinion and can overlook more of the game's flaws but honestly, calling this a masterpiece or the game of the generation is a stretch, to say the least. 

What I would call it is a Ubisoft level open world game with much better writing that should've been much shorter to not overstay its welcome. 

• Like 2

Ladd715.png

100% Control

6.50% - Very Rare

This is a very unique and fascinating game, I spent roughly six months playing it and I think this makes it one of my most important games from 2021. I absolutely loved the unique setting and gameplay of this game, and I enjoyed the combat system: the two DLCs were also basically as good as the base game.

However... It's just me, unless the game is obviously not oriented in that direction (Such as Fall Guys), the story and the characters are the first thing I care about in a videogame: I got emotional over videogame stories and characters countless times, and I adored it every time it happened. Under that point of view, Control is just not there. I actually tried to be interested in the story and what the game was about, but I just gave up after few sessions: to me, it looked like the characters were talking in way that they had just smoked weed, everytime I was watching a cutscene in order to understand what was going on... I was more confused than earlier. So at a certain point I just gave up and skipped every cutscene, and simply enjoyed Control for its gameplay. Reading collectables descriptions and the missions list didn't help neither.

Another issue I had is the map: it is totally terrible and I can't count the number of times I had to rely on YouTube guides in order to know where I had to go. This map issue is not such a big deal as the story, but it ruined my overall enjoyment of the game. I still loved the time I spent with Control, as I said I think it's a very unique game and with its six months 100% journey surely highlights my 2021. Had the story been more enjoyable/easier to understand, Control would surely be one of my most favourite games of all time, but it isn't. It's a shame considering how much I enjoyed the gameplay, but I'm just a "story driven guy" ??‍♀️

In few days I will finally start playing Horizon Zero Dawn, I hope I will enjoy it ? And knowing myself, I doubt I will 100% it before the end of the year lol

• Like 3

Journey

13Lcf890d.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 10/10

Replayability: 10/10

Wow.  I mean, Wow.  What an awesome game that is unique and a class of it's own.  Besides meeting some really nice people, the entire gameplay was fantastic.  Soundtrack was top notch.  I would definitely replay this game just to help others or just to glide hearing the wind beneath my cloak.  Highly recommended.

• Like 3

Fez

Five years on, Fez is a stunning puzzle platformer with one of the best  soundtracks in games | PC Gamer

Difficulty: 4/10

Enjoyment: 10/10

FANTASTIC GAME!  Was on the brink of insanity with this puzzle game, but it was worth every #*(#*(#* comment, hours and staying up at night trying to figure this one out.  Worth it, highly recommend it.  As far as puzzle games go, enjoyed it a lot more than The Witness.  This one actually had a nice storyline to go with it.  Highly recommend it.

• Like 2

I just got the 100% in Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown.  Though I like what I've experienced previously of Virtua Fighter as a franchise this version was a bit of a chore due to the awful trophy list which consists almost entirely of online trophies.  There's one trophy for example for playing 1200 matches. I chipped away at it slowly trying to play a bit every day.  It took me about 2 and a half months to finish with about 43 hours play time.  This was playing the matches properly though as opposed to just letting people beat me so that added to my total time.  Would have been faster of course had I just have stood there and taken a loss.  I ended up with a "Defender" rank incidentally in ranked after my total 600 matches there.  I did resort to boosting for the tournament/league match trophy however as that mode was tough to get into otherwise.  

Glad to get the whole thing done and dusted now as fighting online isn't something I particularly enjoy even in small doses so there was way too much required here for my liking.  Nice to have what's currently an ultra rare 100% though.  Speaking of which this game has nearly completely taken over my top 5 rarest trophies here on my site stats.  Not sure how I feel about that but I guess I should take it as a positive.    

• Like 2

Guns Up - 100% Completion, including DLC packs!

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4124-guns-up/StygianWolf4 

I started this game in November 2016, and never got round to finishing it, but I'm so glad I did because this game was hella fun! 

Badge Of Honour was the last trophy I needed so I had to wait for the season to end, and I had all other trophies before then. The game is free to play but I did spend a bit of money to get gold for more munitions or perks to speed things up. Either way, another incomplete game done! 

25338005543_8b43a32963_b.jpg

• Like 3

Latest 100%: Mafia II

L0be085.png

Earned the plat for this way back in 2014 but I've finally finished off both sets of DLC trophies. Overall they were satisfying to play but I wasn't a fan of how the missions are all timed in an arcade style which kind of spoilt the immersion a bit when compared with playing the excellent main story.

I had to leave my PS3 on overnight twice to get the infamous Explorer trophy :blink: (what were the devs thinking?).

These DLC's have long since been delisted so I believe the only way of playing them now is by grabbing the Director's Cut version of the game, also know as the Platinum/Essentials/Greatest Hits labelled version depending on which region you live in.

• Like 3

L67183a.png

Anodyne

Yes, the trophies are glitched in an odd manner. No, that absolutely positively need not deter from playing the game, as there is an amazing trophy guide available right here on this site and a video walkthrough that when followed dutifully holds your hand on the path to earning every trophy in one single playthrough. 

Anodyne is something else: it's an RPG but it's short, its mechanics are simple but encourage some out-of-the-box thinking here and there, the tilesets of ingame maps are also simple yet vibrant and harmonic but speeding through the game like a super hyper squirrel, there may not always be enough time to give credit for all that where credit is clearly due. When I wasn't smacking things with my broom left and right, I had my eyes glued to the tablet with the instructive speedrun video. 

The game is on PSNow right now; what's holding you back?

Edited by Fenrirfeather
link to game added
  • Like 3

Le4d2e6.png

hBlSjbK.png

Challenge mode DLC difficulty - 4/10

Other DLC trophies - 3/10

Since the servers are shutting down on September 16, it was a good time to finish the DLC. Aside from the Challenge Mode, the DLC trophies were easy to obtain in a lobby with other players I met on Discord.

There was some tricky parts in Challenge mode but nothing too hard.

I didn't really like the MP. Farewell to a great single player game I enjoyed back in 2012.

• Like 2

L5b5373.png

This is a spiritual successor to Retro City Rampage. It has a more SNES/Genesis feel to it, but it plays similarly. There are a couple differences. You are playing an aging CEO trying to rebuild his corporate empire by any means necessary (mostly by dubious means) while having to adjust to the times. He is assisted by his son and fixer, who are also playable. You can switch between them, but for the most part, they play exactly the same and little need to outside of when it's required by the story. It's a parody of how the corporate world works and exploits us. It still has the GTA vibes of the first game. I would advise buying up and upgrading some properties and do so regularly to minimize the postgame grind. The story is quite amusing and the scenery, music, and destructible environments are  a nice touch. There are some challenges. Most of them are pretty easy, but a couple may take a few tries. Still, if you enjoyed Retro City Rampage, you'll likely enjoy this. I will be playing this again on PS5...whenever that is.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

L832fad.png

For a game that was made by a horrible organization such as PETA, this game wasn't as bad as I expected. That being said, it's still not that good. The only good thing is it's free. The gameplay is very boring and repetitive, it's obviously full of PETA's bullshit propaganda, and it crashed on me several times. That being said, this game was more a means to an end. A bit ironic kittens are the heroes since PETA thinks we shouldn't have pets.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

super stardust hd

Pretty much you're in a spaceship shooting asteroids and such. Its a very quick game only 5 planets its a very fun game at least. The hardest trophy for me was extra ships optional- survive 7minutes without dying. Just lots of stuff on the screen at certain points making this trophy difficult. I highly recommend giving this game a try :) 

• Like 1

Back to the Future - Episode 2: Get Tannen

Md957d1.png

Back to the Future - Episode 3: Citizen Brown

Mdde2a6.png

Back to the Future - Episode 4: Double Visions

Mcd7b22.png

Back to the Future - Episode 5: OUTATIME

M8406b5.png

It was a lot of fun, I never watched the movies and now I want to see them. this game is a little different from other Telltale works, because most of the events take place in the same town. the gameplay is a little confusing, but it's fun, a relaxed experience and with well-written eps for the most part, I recommend it ?