• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1f4af.png #60 - Trials Fusion 1f4af.png

L8c21c2.png

1f4af.png #80 - Trials Rising 1f4af.png

L258f3b.png

1f4af.png #84 - Trials of the Blood Dragon 1f4af.png

Leb22e0.png

For whatever reason, I didn't post any of these till now, but I'm happy to say that I 100% completed all the trials games. For anyone interested in trying these, I'd suggest playing either Fusion or Rising first. The barrier to entry is higher for each of these games, but I feel like they are better put together and have a much more rewarding learning curve. If trophies specifically are the issue, I'd play Rising first as achieving the plat/100% is far easier imo than Fusion, as Rising has very little tied to completing objectives compared to Fusion. Blood Dragon was a cool concept, but the far less technical bike riding combined with the on foot and gun play sections just didn't feel as satisfying as the other games.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lfc51d7.png

100% Don't Die, Mr. Robot!

2.19% - Ultra Rare

I mostly played this during dead times at work to kill the time :P and I had a lot of fun with it. Along with Rogue Aces and Spy Chameleon, that I completed recently, that's a very good game I highly recommend to play on the go on the Vita.

The hardest Trophy in the game is quite challenging and requires you to get a Platinum medal in each of the 50 levels: it seems very hard at first, but once you get used to the game and understand which character to use for each level, it becomes very doable. Some levels, however, were harder than the others and took me hours of attempts. I think that overall it took me 25-30 hours to get the 100%, but it's highly skill dependant.

Also, I noticed how the number of people who got the hardest Trophy is the same number of people who got 100% of the game: 624. It is actually perfectly possible to earn said Trophy and miss the 100% because of some other miscellaneous Trophy, but apparently not a single person has done so. :o

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

Wild Guns Reloaded

Difficulty-6/10

Time-18hrs

Solid remaster of a retro classic.

Probably one of the best ost I’ve ever listened too with a unique art style(think wild Wild West with will smith, but super weeb)

Only real problem is, you have to beat the game at least 16 times, and 12 of those runs must be no continue runs as well.

One on hard, once on normal and once on easy(cus no difficulty stacking for some reason ?)

Then one last run to unlock that characters final color, so that’s 4 runs across 3 difficulty’s with 4 different characters?

Games not really that hard, so that makes playing it that many times not much of a problem, once you clear your 1st no continue run, you’ll be fine for the rest.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 3

L8c23e0.png

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

100%
1 week, 2 days, 14 hours

Did it all without the autopop from PS4, wanted to replay the game plus DLC. And the i would use autopop for the New Game Plus.

But then I did that one too because my PS4 game is in storage.

Also caught the flu halfway though and lost three game days because of that.

But finally pulled though and just finished the New Game Plus today! ?

• Like 3

Sonic Adventure 2

L8e33e9.png

Difficulty 5/10

Enjoyment 8/10 

One of the best 3D Sonic games. I started this game in 2012 and decided to finish it after 9 years my biggest gap yet. The only hard part is achieving all A ranks on every stage. The hardest stage was the final stage. The Hard Mode for Knuckles/Rouge stages wasn't really hard. In fact, it just made it easy.

• Like 3

The Last Tinker: City of Color

La0665f.png

Finished as far of MidnightDragon's Spring 2022 challenge.

Sound design with this one is amazing. The music is much more involved than I was expecting and not a bad track to be found. Obvious amount of care went into placement and theme. Combat is a bit dull and in some places drawn out, but not what I'd call terrible. Only real issue is the visuals. Generally vibrant and pretty, but this comes at the cost of being able to see where the hell I am. Piercing white attacks on a piercing white background wasn't a great idea.

• Like 3

#429: Splatterhouse

L589bcf.png

Difficulty: 4/10

Excitement Rating: 7/10

A rare PS3 game that has become expensive, and is disc only.

Here's a short story on obtaining the game. I had this game in my sights for a few years, but couldn't quite get around to it. One website I visited not too long ago now lists Splatterhouse as a rare PS3 game, which accounts to its $60 - 80 pricetag on eBay. It is even worse on Amazon. Copies go from $110 used to sometimes over $150 for a mint PS3 physical copy. I settled for the cheapest price I can find. A disc only copy which left out the original box cover and manual, for $60. Free shipping, fast delivery from a random person I bought from on eBay.

Between X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Splatterhouse, I spent a lot of money on both. For any casual, this is practically throwing money away, but as a dedicated gamer, and somewhat of a collector myself, I wanted to pick up these two titles before they would increase in price.

The actual game.... not so fantastic. This is a reboot of the classic Splatterhouse titles that were around in the 16-bit era of gaming. The 2010 reboot does some things right, and some not so good.

Splatterhouse 2010 was one of a handful of games that tried to cash in on the God of War craze. Dante's Inferno, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Splatterhouse all tried to emulate the God of War formula. God of War is obviously the superior game and franchise, much like Dark Souls is the superior game of the Soulsborne titles. Game developers thereby tried to copy the formula as we've already seen with Dark Souls, but they fail to completely emulate the experience. Splatterhouse is one of those games that simply borrowed heavily from one that came before it.

This isn't all that bad a game by any stretch. Plot is simple and straightforward. Controls are standard. The big appeal is taking enemies limbs off and goring them to death. There is lots of blood and gore, and when done right, it's highly satisfying. Hack and slash this is.

Two things really won me over. The metal soundtrack (which had some bangin hits), and Jim Cummings. He is the voice of the mask, and thereby provides colorful commentary as you're smashing enemies to pieces. Anyone who grew up in the 1990s and loved Disney like I did has probably listened to or heard of Jim Cummings. He is an old veteran of the voice acting profession, with his unique delivery. It was great to hear him curse and use 'Fuck', as he's done too many children programs that restricted him to just keeping things PG.

The arenas kept me busy for a little bit. Nothing too challenging apart from one particular arena, and even then it just takes a bit of practice to earn that S rank.

An enjoyable game, and one that doesn't overstay its welcome.

• Like 4