Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

Contra Collection  ? %

Lff7430.png

- While I didn't grow up playing Contra it's a franchise I fell in love with after playing Harcorp for the Genesis, this collection is pretty amazing with some amazing classics, I had a lot of fun getting all the endings in Hardcorp but also a miserable time in Contra 3, the top down sections are horrible and turning the camera around truly made me nauseous, who thought that would be a good idea is beyond me, trophy wise it's super simple just beat each game and get a few endings, there's a save game state build in so that can mitigate the difficulty of some games, this is certainly a game I won't even delete so I can go back to it since it's so easy to pick up and play.

• Like 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before sharing my newest 100%, I would like to make a little advertisment: there is currently an AMA featuring me until January 17, so if you'd like to ask me any question, go on and do it! :)

Now that this out of the way...

L98999f.png

100% Gravity Rush

4.14% - Ultra Rare

As I said back when I got the Platinum, this game really is a must for every Vita owner, and definitely shows off the potential the console had.

I had accidentally completed all the DLC Challenges while going for the Platinum, and I got to say that a couple of them were hard and took me several attempts, but no big deal. On the other hard, the three DLC Stories were as good as the main game, and a nice way to tell it goodbye. :)

Lf7ff93.png

Something of a mixed bag, this DLC. Of course, the three new charactersShiva, Estelle Aguirre, and Max Thunder—are fantastic additions, and well worth the price of admission by themselves. Many of the unlockable alternate moves are ridiculously effective, too, basically breaking the story mode. The survival mode itself, though? Fun for a few runs, but fast becomes quite the monotonous grind, necessitating repetitive tactics to survive beyond level 20. Your best bet is to choose as many elemental upgrades for the Blitz attack as possible, and spend 90% of your time spamming it. This was hell on my hands, and the only reason I didn't complete it sooner.

The trio of developers did a stellar job overall, though, and definitely NEED to make a SoR5 before I die! Had a blast with this game for the most part.

r19LrYqy_o.jpg

• Like 2

L0bc1e9.png

1 hour, 11 minutes, 28 seconds (PS Vita)

Since I already did it on PS4, and the grindy parts are cut down by that (yay) I figured I'd just do this really quick. It was fun to play a bit of it again without having to do everything again. It's quite fun and hectic. 

L6f750a.png

7 years, 8 months, 2 weeks

Haven't played this in forever, I didn't invest a lot of time... which is good as apparently I didn't backup my save on the cloud and I didn't feel like going through the content manager garbage on Vita (PSP's program was flawless and even had the store itself inside it so it was amazing, why they didn't just keep using that is beyond me, dummies... I digress.]

It was fun. Despite being a cheapy RPG with not a lot of content, feels like baby's first dungeon crawler in a way. Other than that it can get a bit hectic sometimes. But I really like how they actually used the camera to make the cheap cutscenes more engaging, even bothering to animate some stuff like hugs and the final boss claw his way out of a dimension which while not FFXIV CG level, it was nice they put effort in at all. Most games everyone just stands stiff around. If you're lucky you get some Live2D art moving around a little. This one there's even hair blowing in the wind, panning cameras, cameras following characters as they walk, etc. It just makes what are otherwise basic cutscenes less tiring. Even has voice acting (Japanese).

Combat is pretty basic, but the trophy list was pretty fun to do since it didn't require a ton of effort or time. Nice little diversion. I'm glad I did it because it increased my completion quite a bit~ ;P Music is really nice. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

In December, I finally finished the DLC for the first game I ever earned a trophy in, BioShock. It took a staggering 14 years! Mainly because I no longer owned the game and didn't want to spend 10 bucks on the DLC. I bit the bullet last year and re-bought the game and then the DLC. It was nail biting earning that last trophy - Worlds of Hurt - Expert. Clearing it in under 15 minutes without the exploit the PS4 version had was a real challenge but I managed to do it in 2 to 3 hours. Looking forward to starting the PS4 version on the 15th anniversary of me first playing this game and re-earning my first ever trophy again 15 years later.

This past weekend I completed Uncharted 4's Survival DLC. One of the gaming sessions setup on this site listed a point of contact of 2 people who regularly help people with this trophy. They really knew their stuff and we had a good time chatting while working through the levels. Really glad I didn't need to spend 40 hours grinding weapons and levels to try and solo this.

I said I wouldn't play these again on console because they're not well adjusted for the slower speed and lack of precision... but they were on sale and I'm dumb. :'D Only a few levels are a pain in the ass to do in time, but that looming threat of hitting another makes it more of a chore to play than it should be otherwise.

Ld94901.png

19 hours, 4 minutes, 12 seconds

A few levels were really fucking annoying to do. This one has a lot of slowdown which makes it even more fun to do... but I forgot this series used to be based and let you assign stuff with materials intransit. Later games don't let you do that. 

Lbec20f.png

16 hours, 20 minutes, 48 seconds

Like this one... it was a lot smoother overall in moving around the cursor. Far more annoying enemies that stun you though. They kept shoving them out one after the other in one level and it was pissing me off. Trying to frantically stop them usually ends up accidentally upgrading a building. This one did at least add the ability to unassign a task that isn't confirmed yet. But that makes getting rid of those asshole enemies harder since you can frantically be clicking to get rid of them and then undo the task since it doesn't lock it in for the future if your... fireman is busy. 

This series never did allow you to assign things ahead of time. ie; assign to clear a road block, then assign to pick up something behind it. Alicia Quartermain is better for that reason (among others).

k37tH4Rn_o.jpg

Perseverance is the antidote to Nihilism.

A roguelite mode of questionable quality, wherein areas and bosses are rehashed from the main game, runs require several hours unless you rush, and all progress can be lost, just because you plunged through a near-invisible gap in the final dungeon. Among the most appealing aspects of roguelite titles for me is the ability to squeeze in a quick 30 minute session here or there, but Virtuous Cycle runs are longer commitments, and repetitive ones at that. I soon enough found myself sprinting past most enemies to save time. And, boy, is the game's buggy nature highlighted by this mode!

Somehow, though, I didn't hate my time with it. Twin Sister is actually a fascinating character, contributing much to the lore, although I yet remain at a loss as to precisely what the heck took place in Mortal Shell's dreary world. Rather enjoyed the added shell and weapon, too, which are the most worthwhile elements of this DLC. Speaking of weapons, allow me to describe my extremely lengthy and detailed method for doing well in this unforgiving mode. First, unlock and equip the Axatana. Now, when you encounter enemies or bosses, perform a running R2 attack. Repeat.

FIYpC0x6_o.jpg

• Like 2

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1447354510

If i could go back, i would definitely not start this game or i would make sure to find a partner before starting.

All of the trophies of this game are extremely easy except for a section of the trophy where it requires you to do all levels on hard.

After doing a full playthrough on easy and upgrading your walker to the max, Hard mode too becomes easy but you just need to be more cautious.

BUT the final 2 levels are extreme. was replaying for hours trying to finish them and had to look up videos on yt and find tips in different forums. was very exhausted by the time i finally finished them. also due to how many few people own this game i could not find a partner.

Its not a bad game in general and is fun in co-op but FUCK :silver:Veteran

Edited by samijon2004

On 3/26/2013 at 2:23 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

blade kitten

usually i don't go for 100% because in some games once you hit the 100% the developers will break your 100% collection by releasing DLC's with more frustrating trophies that might be a multiplayer trophies the most.

So play your games normally and go back and get 100% on the older games. Nobody is releasing new DLC on any ps3 games... and by next year nobody will be releasing dlc for any ps4 games.

On 28‏/1‏/2023 at 7:42 PM, SuchRemorse said:

So play your games normally and go back and get 100% on the older games. Nobody is releasing new DLC on any ps3 games... and by next year nobody will be releasing dlc for any ps4 games.

bruh!

I posted that ten years ago, no shit sherlock they stop making DLC's for the ps3.

and you don't need to tell me that they'll do the same with the ps4, what's the point of telling me this?

• Like 3

On 1/28/2023 at 8:42 AM, SuchRemorse said:

Did...did you just call someone out on a post they made in 2013?

When did PSNP become Twitter?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Did...did you just call someone out on a post they made in 2013?

When did PSNP become Twitter?

Sorry... I don't look at the year people posted. I just saw it and I thought it was recent. 

10 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

bruh!

I posted that ten years ago, no shit sherlock they stop making DLC's for the ps3.

and you don't need to tell me that they'll do the same with the ps4, what's the point of telling me this?

I didn't notice how old the post is lol... Sorry!

3 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Sorry... I don't look at the year people posted. I just saw it and I thought it was recent. 

I didn't notice how old the post is lol... Sorry!

This just raised further questions, since the quoted post was on page 2 of a (currently) 209 page thread.

You are clearly a time traveler going in reverse and I refuse to accept any other explanation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

This just raised further questions, since the quoted post was on page 2 of a (currently) 209 page thread.

You are clearly a time traveler going in reverse and I refuse to accept any other explanation.

Sometimes hot topics can have 100 pages within a week.. Going back to page 1 or 2 doesn't seem to strange to me. Oh and by the way... Shhhhhhh keep a secret! 2073! This was just one of my stops! Haha...

• Like 2

L445f53.png

Legal Dungeon

I like crime solving games. This one centered around the paperwork side of the things, and I found that interesting. However, this game isn't as intuitive as it seems, and one of the trophies had me scratch my head for a while until I discovered that the requirement was not to just fulfill what the trophy description said, but to also have a certain route activated while doing it. I think I would have liked this game more if the characters and the overarching story didn't feel so bland for whatever reason I can't really pinpoint. Nevertheless, this was a fun experience. It'd be nice to find more detective games that concentrate on perusing files.

• Like 1

Ld680e4.png

100% Warframe

0.13% - Ultra Rare

Warframe was one of the first games I played on my Ps4 back when I got it in 2017, as a friend recommended it to me, since it's a Free to Play game. I have played the game on and off during the last 5 years and half, and I loved it: it's a very cool action TPS game. During the last 5 years, several DLC and Trophies were added, including the ones related to open world areas: personally, I hated those areas and that's part of the reason why I walked off from the game during the years, but I never actually gave up and I knew one day I would have claimed this 100%.

It was thanks to my friend, the same who recommended me the game in 2017, that I got the 100%, as he played with me and explained me exactly what I had to do in order to obtain the last few Trophies I was missing, so shoutout to him for both things: recommending this cool game, and helping me to get the 100%.: )

A cool stat is that, since 2017, I have earned at least one Trophy from Warframe for each year: 41 in 2017, 16 in 2018, 5 in 2019, 11 in 2020, 2 in 2021, 1 in 2022, and 8 in 2023. :D If you wonder, the actual playtime was of 180 hours: not bad, considering that the Trophy guide gives the 100% a time of 300 hours.

Another stat is that this 100%, with a time of 5 years and 5 months, is my longest, beating the time it took me to 100% Brawlhalla, which is 5 years and 2 months; it also beats the time it took to get the Platinum in Street Fighter X Tekken, which is 3 years and 8 months.

• Like 4