Guide of the Year Awards 2017 - Nomination Thread

Dragon-Archon

I'd like to nominate Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories by @soultaker655 and @Dragon-Archon

I haven't played the game yet but I have been reading the guide prior to starting and I can already tell that it will be a massive help to me while I work towards the platinum.

Looking through all the eligible guides I have to say it is amazing the level of guide that comes out of this community since it's all voluntary. Congrats to everyone who wrote a guide this year I'm sure heaps of people have been helped by your hard work. Also thanks to @PixelatedPortal for putting together the list of eligible guides.

Good luck to the guides staff figuring out the top 3 :P 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh yea, there was that additional guide no one really knows about...

Well, everyone knows which guide I meant but for the completeness, I edited the post.

The guide by @GoldenDevilGamer is actually really good, it's just overshadowed by how walkthrough heavy some parts of the other guide is.

Both of them have the info you need to platinum the game it's just one hits the eye as better because it has more text and tables.

• Like 2

I’d like to nominate Undead_Wolf_N7 ‘s Yakuza 0 guide. It’s a great example of how a guide should be.

The format is neat and easy to navigate, there a re tips for everything that might pose a challenge, lists and maps for nearly all collectibles and even an entire new guide for the friendships and side quests. It’s hard to criticize anything, though the thing that would make It perfect imo is if it had the list of weapons and equipment and the way to obtain them, cause that CP was the biggest pita for me. Definitely a guide worthy of attention and prai

• Like 1

Really glad with the warming response for Persona 5 guide. That guide was truly a team effort so seeing this great feedback is indeed awesome. 

Co worker @Undead Wolf truly shined on Yakuza 0 guide, all that knowledge from Persona 5 guide flows perfectly into this one, truly unique, congratulations mate. 

It's a Wolfe year. 

21 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh yea, there was that additional guide no one really knows about...

Well, everyone knows which guide I meant but for the completeness, I edited the post.

Off course we don't, you need to be explicit, :P

Regardless of your choice, we're glad to be among the choices of a godly being :P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

The guide by @GoldenDevilGamer is actually really good, it's just overshadowed by how walkthrough heavy some parts of the other guide is.

Both of them have the info you need to platinum the game it's just one hits the eye as better because it has more text and tables.

I was about to say the same thing. If you want a less busy guide (and have no need for walkthroughs), the other P5 guide really hits the spot.

• Like 2

I'd like to nominate DanganRonpa V3 Killing Harmony Trophy Guide

• Extremely detailed whenever necessary (The Gallery, the cards, the RPG, the tabletop game, the present matrix). Serious amounts of effort went into making this guide and it shows!
  • Overall, each trophy description was very helpful in giving tips and information on how to do things
  • The list of answers for every trial was an addition they didn't have to make (They could have just said the trophy was story related and would be unlocked after clearing the Xth class trial), and was very convenient for the few times I was completely stumped. 

Also:

14 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Agreed. I primarily used this one when planning the roadmap and during my first playthrough, because the other one was a bit too crowded for my taste and I didn't want a walkthrough, and then I used the more popular one for details for unlocking some of the more complicated trophies. Both great guides, for different purposes :) 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 2

All nominations up to this post have been added to the OP.

On 5-12-2017 at 2:56 AM, soultaker655 said:

On 5-12-2017 at 5:19 PM, starcrunch061 said:

I was about to say the same thing. If you want a less busy guide (and have no need for walkthroughs), the other P5 guide really hits the spot.

Are you nominating a guide? 

Edited by Dragon-Archon
Quoted the wrong member -_-

22 hours ago, FrenchDevil54 said:

I'd like to nominate the NieR: Automata Trophy Guide by @QuentinCle95 and @rubhen925. The guide is simple and clear, and the trophies descriptions are well explained. It really helped to get the plat.

Thanks for the nomination. Most of the credit goes to QuentinCle95. Did most of the work. I helped here and there and worked on the videos.

Cheers

Everyone who took the time and effort to make a guide to help us get our trophy fixes deserves a lot of kudos

I am going to nominate the Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time for the ps3 though. As I am trying to mop up old unplayed titles from my hoard guides like this one prove invaluable

Its well laid out and is going to be a great source of help beating this old game

Thanks to all the guide writers though, top stuff all of you

Hm, it's really a tough decision. I'm unsure between exactly two guides and after thinking all week long I'm still not certain whom to chose. In the end, I decided to give my vote to the Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Guide. So far it was the only guide I really used a lot and earned the plat by using it (from the eligible guides this year). It really is a great guide that helped quite a lot and made going for the plat a lot easier as if I had to look up stuff by myself.

Unfortunately, since we only can vote for one guide, I give my honorary mention to the Danganronpa V3 guide. Currently I'm taking a break from the game but the guide already helped a lot and will certainly do so in the future, but since I didn't get the plat yet to fully judge this guide, I decided to give my vote to KH:3D

• Like 1

I'd like to nominate the Shantae: Half-Genie Hero guide. It's the only guide on the site that I used this year, that didn't require any outside help from either other trophy hunting sites, or google. Everything needed was in the guide, and it clearly explained exactly where everything was and what was needed to get it. They even made an entirely separate guide for the 100% speedrun trophies, and then made just as good of a guide for the DLC. Just overall a very well done guide.

My nomination will go to Hogie838's Guide For Grand Theft Auto III.

It was a the guide that I followed heavily for the majority of my trophies and it was easy to understand and well-worded. The author was also very quick to update the guide with the addition of the "Purple 9's" game-breaking glitch for future users of the guide. It was also well formatted and easy-to-follow.

If I had an "honorable mentions", then they'd go to the following:

This was a great year in guides that's for sure. Thanks for the endless amounts of help, everyone.

Edited by ARB1992
Fixed Author's Name of the GTA 3 Guide.

2 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Hm, it's really a tough decision. I'm unsure between exactly two guides and after thinking all week long I'm still not certain whom to chose. In the end, I decided to give my vote to the Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Guide. So far it was the only guide I really used a lot and earned the plat by using it (from the eligible guides this year). It really is a great guide that helped quite a lot and made going for the plat a lot easier as if I had to look up stuff by myself.

Unfortunately, since we only can vote for one guide, I give my honorary mention to the Danganronpa V3 guide. Currently I'm taking a break from the game but the guide already helped a lot and will certainly do so in the future, but since I didn't get the plat yet to fully judge this guide, I decided to give my vote to KH:3D

Glad was helpful mate, thank you xD

I'll try my best to do justice next year with Kingdom Hearts 3